Logitech Z-5500, anyone have them?

vroom_skies

VIP Member
Could you guys give me a good break in procedure for the sub, or speakers in general If you would like to knoww my sound card, I have the x-fi plat.

Bob.

shupola

vroom_skies said:
Could you guys give me a good break in procedure for the sub, or speakers in general If you would like to knoww my sound card, I have the x-fi plat.

Bob.

not sure exactly what you mean. there is a test button on the remote. i didnt break mine in. i just cranked them up and that was that..........and still is.:D :D

randruff

shupola said:
well, i just got them this morning. (xmas) and all i can say is:
OMFG!

these are without a dobut, the best speakers i have ever owned. i havent had a chance to turn them all the way up yet, becasue my neighbor is still home and i dont want to wake their baby up. but omg they sound so good. even in stereo mode with only the sub and the two front speakers they still kick the shit out of everything i have heard. these speakers rock!

get them without a dobut if you want to hear great music, movies, games, etc

Thats what ive been saying. For just about $200 you cannot beat it.

As for the guy who mentioned breaking in the sub. I dont think you really have to break in the sub with these but it definately will not hurt anything to do so. I have read that a good way to do this is to play classical music at a moderate volume for 6-8 hours. In other words, if youre going to be gone for a day or something, do it.....if youre going to be home for that, well, thats like committing suicide.

Geoff

VIP Member
randruff said:
Thats what ive been saying. For just about $200 you cannot beat it.
There $409 at Best Buy and $240 on newegg, thats a little over $200 ;)

Do you think it would be worth upgrading to the Z-5500 from the Z-5300? I've had problems with mine so the surround sound doesnt really work.

randruff

geoff5093 said:
There $409 at Best Buy and $240 on newegg, thats a little over $200 ;)

Do you think it would be worth upgrading to the Z-5500 from the Z-5300? I've had problems with mine so the surround sound doesnt really work.

I picked mine up from newegg for $212. As for is it worth upgrading, i couldnt tell you as i've never heard the z5300's sound quality. What i can say, which has been said over and over, is the z5500s rock. One more note, never buy hardware from a retail like best buy. For the exact reason of what you said....just look at the difference in prices.

Geoff

VIP Member
randruff said:
I picked mine up from newegg for $212. As for is it worth upgrading, i couldnt tell you as i've never heard the z5300's sound quality. What i can say, which has been said over and over, is the z5500s rock. One more note, never buy hardware from a retail like best buy. For the exact reason of what you said....just look at the difference in prices.
Well i did buy my Z-5300's from best buy for $200 a few years ago. The sound quality is very good on the z-5300, the only reason that i would want to upgrade is because my remote is kinda broken, and surround sound doesnt work properly.

EDIT: newegg actually has a sale on them now so its $220, but regular price is $270.

randruff

geoff5093 said:
Well if i do decide to get them it wont be for several months, since my $320 car insurance bill is due next month and i dont have much money... The downside about newegg is that the shipping on those speakers is $32:eek:

Understandable. The sub for these speakers is massive and heavy.