Mac OS X Leopard. Hasta la vista, Vista.

tlarkin

VIP Member
Hmm trust benchmarks that go for Apple from an Apple benchmarking program?

people all over this forum trust benchmarks, tech writers trust them to prove their articles, so on and so forth

I honestly don't think safari is that much faster than firefox or camino, but it is over IE definitely.

Safari is a webkit browser so it runs a tweaked engine similar to all those that run webkit, like firefox, netscape, mozilla, and all the spawns off those.

Irishwhistle

people all over this forum trust benchmarks, tech writers trust them to prove their articles, so on and so forth

I honestly don't think safari is that much faster than firefox or camino, but it is over IE definitely.

Safari is a webkit browser so it runs a tweaked engine similar to all those that run webkit, like firefox, netscape, mozilla, and all the spawns off those.

I think it is. I have bean using FF constantly until Safari for Windows came out. I have noticed a HUGE speed difference.

~Jordan

tlarkin

VIP Member
I think it is. I have bean using FF constantly until Safari for Windows came out. I have noticed a HUGE speed difference.

~Jordan

well I am running safari, firefox, camino, opera, konquerer all on my macbook pro. i really see no speed difference between camino and safari at all on the OS X sides of things. In windows maybe a bit but I would bet the firefox is not that much slower in real time usage.

heyman421

banned
well, i'm using firefox, but i tried safari, and it's the first browser i've used that managed to render the browser acid test perfectly

holdenssx

I'm using Safari for Windows right now, and I won't say there is a huge speed increase, but it's definetely faster then FF on my machine.

alexandergre

On another forum which im a member of it, some members had problems during the Safari 3 BETA installation.

here are some screenshots:
screen-2.jpg

another member:
Picture.png

(I dont know if its true)
Of course this is the BETA version!

Rambo

On another forum which im a member of it, some members had problems during the Safari 3 BETA installation.

here are some screenshots:
screen-2.jpg

another member:
Picture.png

(I dont know if its true)
Of course this is the BETA version!

You need 10.4.9 for it to install. A friend of mine made a hacked version for 10.4.8. If you need it, just ask. :)

Oh, and by the way, change that horrible theme. It completely ruins the Aqua look! :p

Rambo

that's not even his computer, you half-witted apple fanboy

Excuse me? Half-witted Apple fanboy? How nice of you. I mean, we wouldn't want to start being immature by slinging stupid insults at people, would we?

Just to set the record straight - I'm not an Apple fanboy. Why on Earth would I be on a computer forum if I was an Apple fanboy? 99% of the members here own PC's with Windows. Just because I like OS X does not make me an Apple fanboy at all.

Oh, and I apologise if I incorrectly read alexandergre's post. I figured the first screenshot was his Mac, and the second was someone else's.

Anyway, have a nice day heyman. :)

- Rambo.

Irishwhistle

Excuse me? Half-witted Apple fanboy? How nice of you. I mean, we wouldn't want to start being immature by slinging stupid insults at people, would we?

Just to set the record straight - I'm not an Apple fanboy. Why on Earth would I be on a computer forum if I was an Apple fanboy? 99% of the members here own PC's with Windows. Just because I like OS X does not make me an Apple fanboy at all.

Oh, and I apologise if I incorrectly read alexandergre's post. I figured the first screenshot was his Mac, and the second was someone else's.

Anyway, have a nice day heyman. :)

- Rambo.

lol

alexandergre

I dont know what is wrong with calling someone an Apple fanboy.(maybe in US, UK or other english countries it is an insult) however I do not live there and I dont know how things are there.
I live in Sweden by the way.

And yes, I am a really big fan of apple. IMO they are great and I think that they are better than Microsoft. Guys that is just my opinion and please do not start the MAC & PC WAR!!! both of them are great.

The screen shots are not from my computer. I don't have a Mac at home. I have one at the studio. I'm always there so i don't really need to buy one for home.

and BTW JordanII,
And do it now! lol

~Jordan
Dont tell me what to do. I do what i want.

regards,

alexandergre

Last edited:

Irishwhistle

I dont know what is wrong with calling someone an Apple fanboy.(maybe in US, UK or other english countries it is an insult) however I do not live there and I dont know how things are there.
I live in Sweden by the way.

And yes, I am a really big fan of apple. IMO they are great and I think that they are better than Microsoft. Guys that is just my opinion and please do not start the MAC & PC WAR!!! both of them are great.

The screen shots are not from my computer. I don't have a Mac at home. I have one at the studio. I'm always there so i don't really need to buy one for home.

and BTW JordanII,

Dont tell me what to do. I do what i want.

regards,

alexandergre

It was just a joke, I like the Aqua theme and I thought it kind of messed it up. lol :D

~Jordan

tlarkin

VIP Member
just so you no, the beta is closed so downloading it, discussing it and using it is illegal, and also if you read the EULA on any apple made software (ie OS X) you are not allowed to install OS X on any non apple computer.

so this discussion is actually illegal.

Irishwhistle

just so you no, the beta is closed so downloading it, discussing it and using it is illegal, and also if you read the EULA on any apple made software (ie OS X) you are not allowed to install OS X on any non apple computer.

so this discussion is actually illegal.

I'm not even talking about that, I just didn't know that there was any little bit of Leopard available yet.

~Jordan

tlarkin

VIP Member
:D I just found the Beta download!!!

~Jordan

This is what I am talking about, its a closed beta and there is what is called a non disclosure clause with devs that are allowed to use the beta can't legally talk about it. You aren't allowed to discuss anything about the beta.

Just a fair warning, I'm not trying to be your parent or anything.