Mac OS X Leopard. Hasta la vista, Vista.

Jonyboy

I'm gona buy a mac mini soon and if i wait for leapord i should probably wait for ilife 07, so then i wouldn't have a mac for 6 months, lol.

And having to buy other stuff after i get my mac will probably mean i wont be able to upgrade for ages. lol.

leetkyle

Read about it a few nights ago. I quite like the idea of multiple items dragged into the dock, and then it specifying itself into folders.

Hasta la vista, vista? No! They still fail to do one thing that I need: Gaming power. I use Apple a lot, and even Boot Camp - but for upgradability (is that word?) and sheer gaming power, it doesn't make the cut... yet!

tlarkin

VIP Member
Read about it a few nights ago. I quite like the idea of multiple items dragged into the dock, and then it specifying itself into folders.

Hasta la vista, vista? No! They still fail to do one thing that I need: Gaming power. I use Apple a lot, and even Boot Camp - but for upgradability (is that word?) and sheer gaming power, it doesn't make the cut... yet!

Maybe you missed the first part of the keynote, both EA and id are going to start developing for Mac and start releasing games simultaneously for both PC and mac platforms.

that is the first step.

tommy25

That will be well good, when games are released at the same time for both pc and mac. I expect it will be a while yet though

tlarkin

VIP Member
That will be well good, when games are released at the same time for both pc and mac. I expect it will be a while yet though

EA announced they will start doing it in July, and id said they will have more mac related announcements in august.

I suspect it will happen quicker than you think, both companies said it was very easy to port their games to the Mac, you gotta remember its based on Unix, so all apps are self contained with the minor exception of a few content packages here and there. There is no system registry, all resources needed to run an app are in the app's folder itself. Plus since apple is no longer PPC based I can only see it being easier and easier.

Apple also offers a full range of Nvidia video cards as well, and ATI announced like 1.5 years ago they will released dual platform video cards that run both on mac os x and windows from the same card. Meaning a Mac gamer could go to a computer store and buy an ATI card and it will work in both mac and pc no problem. Of course ATI hasn't released every model that way but that is probably because mac switched over to EFI with the release of their intel machines.

I can only imagine it getting better and better especially with all the crap that MS pulled with vista. it just leaves a bad taste in your mouth.