Macbook Air!

tlarkin

VIP Member
I like them but think the price tier is a bit off, I'd rather spend $300 more and get the specs of a macbook pro

g4m3rof1337

I watched the video.

Something that thin cant be that durable, right.

Granted, not many people will purposely try and break it. But the way they are advertising it, its ultra portable, its prone to collide into an accident sooner or later.

tlarkin

VIP Member
tell that to the people that wear kevlar vests, the kevlar isn't that thick and it stops bullets.

Apple has always made their laptops pretty durable, I have owned 4 apple laptops in my time now and I can say that all of them are built well.

g4m3rof1337

So you dont think they will make it in a way for it to purposely break?

Or offer something that will protect?

whether it be insurance, or a case.

tlarkin

VIP Member
I am not sure, but I know there will be third party accessories like that, because there already are for the macbook and macbook pro.

I am going to have to see one to get my final opinion. I think if the screen were multi touch and the price was $1500 I would buy one.

tlarkin

VIP Member
umm, not the first laptop with SSD. Alienware allready sells laptops with optional SSD

Alienware was using NAND SSD? I thought apple had a patent on it when they bought out Hitachi's hard drive technology.

I could be wrong

PabloTeK

Alienware sell laptops with SSD as do Dell, it's actually quite common now on higher-end and business machines.

tlarkin

VIP Member
I would never buy a Dell or an Alienware so I never frequent their sites really. However, Dell bought out Alienware some time ago didn't they?

PabloTeK

They can't, here is the options list for a Dell Latitude which shows the SSD:

6pqbwa9.jpg

It's not even as standard on the base model.

GSAV55

So they can't really say that its the first then can they? Or do they mean that its the first that comes with it standard? But is the eee pc not a laptop? It has standard SSD.

tlarkin

VIP Member
They can say they have the first standard model, because they have two models. 1 with out solid state and a slower processor, one with it and a faster processor.

So, I guess it depends on how you read it, and I do know that Apple has been using solid state since the first generation ipod shuffles and nanos.

Also, some higher end computers (that consumers can't buy like medical research rigs) have been using solid state arrays of RAM for hard disks, so really no manufacturer is the first to do it.

I think what Apple meant is they are the first to offer it as a standard feature. However, given the price of the air book, I would rather have a top of the line macbook pro instead.