Macbook Air!

dmw2692004

wow. this laptop loooksss ciiik. ive been saving for something like this. i have a macbook now, but i want one of these... sooo... pre-order.. i think yess.

mrpiddly

Personally, i wish apple had updated the macbook pros as well but this device should be a big seller. The majority of consumers will find more then enough power for their everyday activities and the extremely small dimensions only sweeten the deal. Im glad apple decided not to just shrink everything down like some other manufactures do, i hate those small keyboards.

GSAV55

I've never owned a mac, but I use them for a computer graphics class I'm taking. I can't get over how slick their products are though. I've been thinking about getting a laptop for when I go to college next year. I already have the pc in my sig, so I dont need any crazy laptop for gaming or anything, but they are just nice to have. Without gaming in the equation, would you guys rather have a mac or a sony/dell laptop?

dmw2692004

i sat there looking at the pre- order screen, and i stopped. and thought to myself... Waitt.. this is a 1st gen apple product. And i already have a macbook.. soo. what am i doing?

then i quit firefox and went back to studying. I hate finals

tlarkin

VIP Member

Those are like mobile devices, and different class than laptops. This is a full fledged laptop, with a full size screen and full size keyboard. If I am wrong I am wrong, but the Macbook Air is definitely the first in its class, I don't see anyone else making a product like that.

Even though I already stated there have been solid state devices out for many years and in use in really high end applications, so even those linked on newegg aren't "technically" the firsts.

brian

VIP Member
hate it.

lets see. no optical drive, one usb, one audio output. battery life must be crud, hard drive small (but i guess for apple what are you going to use) no wired networking. i mean yeah i can see the highly travel prown guy have it but i dont see much use in it.

GSAV55

hate it.

lets see. no optical drive, one usb, one audio output. battery life must be crud, hard drive small (but i guess for apple what are you going to use) no wired networking. i mean yeah i can see the highly travel prown guy have it but i dont see much use in it.

I wouldn't say that I hate it, but those are some of the things that really stood out to me also.
________
Live Sexy Cams

Last edited:

Motoxrdude

Those are like mobile devices, and different class than laptops. This is a full fledged laptop, with a full size screen and full size keyboard. If I am wrong I am wrong, but the Macbook Air is definitely the first in its class, I don't see anyone else making a product like that.

Even though I already stated there have been solid state devices out for many years and in use in really high end applications, so even those linked on newegg aren't "technically" the firsts.

No.... Those are computers.... Because it has a mini keyboard makes it not a computer? I'm sorry but I dont see the logic in that. A computer is a computer and you where wrong, it wasn't the first laptop with a solid state hard drive, it's not like it is that hard to admit you where wrong, even on something so trivial as which laptop had a solid state hard drive the first.

tlarkin

VIP Member
No.... Those are computers.... Because it has a mini keyboard makes it not a computer? I'm sorry but I dont see the logic in that. A computer is a computer and you where wrong, it wasn't the first laptop with a solid state hard drive, it's not like it is that hard to admit you where wrong, even on something so trivial as which laptop had a solid state hard drive the first.

by your definition my blackberry is a computer. Has an OS, a full mini small keyboard, can run several applications. No its a mobile device, it doesn't even have a desktop OS in it.

the EeePC is perfect little assistant. Running on a customized Linux operating system, it responds far more speedily than its Windows counterparts, but it’ll run Windows XP quite happily, if you like.

So, you can install windows XP on it if you like, but it doesn't come stock? So, who here can vouche for one of these running a full fledged version of Windows?

I would say these things are close to laptops but not really a full laptop. Anyway, they don't market it as a laptop. Read the product description. It only has 4GB of HD space. Where as the Airbook has over 60 and runs a full fledge version of OS X. That is what I would call a laptop.

dznutz

this is just a crippled version of the sony tz
the keyboard looks like the sony tz as well.... might as well as both are made by asus

ride3k

this is just a crippled version of the sony tz
the keyboard looks like the sony tz as well.... might as well as both are made by asus

a crippled tz? are you mad?

better cpu
better battery life
better screen size
larger keyboard
thiner in all aspects

hmm, seems like a crippled tz to me.... not

And to everyone bagging on this laptop, you have to think, this is Mac's attack at ultra portable laptops, not a heavy power user laptop, but for the guy that needs a laptop EVERYWHERE. And before you complain about it look at one of the things it can do. IT CAN USE ANY OTHER DEVICES OPTICAL DRIVE AS ITS OWN. even a pc's optical drive. That is an amazing feature in and of itself. i still dont like them touting it as the first SSD laptop though unless they are using a different type of SSD than is out there now maybe?

brian

VIP Member
um yeah you can use a optical drive from a different computer! woooo :|

two problems, one i have to get up and go find the computer, then insert it and come back to find that the disk is currupt.

and two. that is a easy enough program to make, i mean it just reads the disk as needed and streems it over.

just my opinion

Last edited: