Macbook Air!

dznutz

he has a point. when companies say 5 hours expect it to actually be 2.8 - 4 hours with moderate use.

after some more research this ultraportable is completely sealed. ie no user maintenance. replace a battery? send your laptop to apple

GSAV55

There is a new battery in development that I was reading about in popular science. It is made of threaded carbon, and multiplies the battery life of a traditional battery of the same size and weight by 10. So with this new tech. the mac air would have a 50 hr battery life. I'm not saying that the mac air has it. But I'm just saying its in the pipeline and will be used in cellphones and laptops etc. [its under research by a university that I can't recall off the top of my mind, not Apple]
________
Live Sexy Cams

Last edited:

Motoxrdude

There is a new battery in development that I was reading about in popular science. It is made of threaded carbon, and multiplies the battery life of a traditional battery of the same size and weight by 10. So with this new tech. the mac air would have a 50 hr battery life. I'm not saying that the mac air has it. But I'm just saying its in the pipeline and will be used in cellphones and laptops etc. [its under research by a university that I can't recall off the top of my mind, not Apple]
http://www.news.com/A-tenfold-improvement-in-battery-life/2100-1041_3-6226196.html?tag=nefd.pop

GSAV55

I'm pretty sure my girlfriend did a pretty in depth report on that about two years ago. But at the time I think is was about algae photosynthesis, like capturing the energy from that. Imagine how this new 10x battery will revolutionize portable electronics. Even in like a battlefield environment. Troops won't have to worry about batteries anymore. scopes, night vision, gps. Such a great development.

tlarkin

VIP Member
Apple has over 24 billion dollars in the bank at the moment, so it is safe for them to test a new market out. I think that the Airbook will appeal to certain niche markets. People who need to travel short distances a lot and need portability and longevity of battery life. People like Lawyers, who travel from their office/law firm to court and back all the time every day. They can go to court, use their airbook, then take it back to the office and sync all data over the wifi. They can do that and probably not need to charge it. Researchers will want it for the same thing. Take it out, collect data, come back sync data.

This probably won't appeal to the average user as much as a Macbook Pro. However this is first generation model. It only weighs 3 lbs too. So it may even appeal to university students who are tired of carrying around a 7 lb laptop + 50lbs of books.

The Airbook is not for everyone which is why Apple is still making the Macbook and the Macbook Pro.

dznutz

it's about time sony re-release this 4 yr old notebook

x505vp.jpg

ofcourse the specs would be better with todays technology

Calibretto

VIP Member
It's kind of cool but it's kind of wierd that it doesn't have an optical drive. That's not a completely bad thing though. And only one USB port is very sad. It's only good for those very-on-the-go people that just want to surf the internet and download.