Metal Gear Solid 4

12-Gauge

Personally I am waiting for the XED HD TVs to hit the market and I will be picking up one of those, they will display true black and have a response time of 1ms and will be very cheap since they are using old but improved CRT technology with them.

I think you mean SED.

Kornowski

VIP Member
SNAKE is cool . bit ps3 not that expensive comparied to top of the line pc's

A PS3 is £400, a top of line PC would probably be £700. For another £300 you are getting so much more, DX10 is a lot better than the graphics engines the consoles have... Plus, you can do so much more on a PC that you can't on a console! Personally, I'd rather have a PC over a console any day, I'm not buying a console ever again, especially since I have a 360 controller for the PC.

4NGU$

VIP Member
yeh but how long is that £700 pc going to last before you have to change componatntants
i dont see it lasting 10 years

plus £300 is alot of mony that i could use for other things
im living of £68 this summer so how long would that last me
i might not even get a ps3 and save that money too :D

4NGU$

VIP Member
yeh but that coz fear was designed for a pc
and there is no way i can spend £700 on something that will last 4 or 5 years

4NGU$

VIP Member
a ps3 will last 10 years or more
and again that game was designed for the pc and then transferd

and in 4 years you will have to upgrade your pc again

4NGU$

VIP Member
i mean it might break lol (more than likely )

but Sony's next console isn't for like 8 years and it doesn't mean i have to buy it then ether

ive had my ps2 for nearly that long now (well its my second one coz i broke the first one droped it like 3 times accidently and it stopped reading disks so i took it apart )

Kornowski

VIP Member
I can't see the PS3 lasting 10 years, probably 3 or 4 max!

Yeah, I may have to upgrade, but I wont have to replace everything like with a console, just OC my CPU, another 1GB of RAM for £25 and a new PSU and GPU... That's only going to cost like £300, then I'll be back on the market, unlike the PS3, you can't upgrade and while PC is still advancing PS3 will be left behind. Plus, it won't be a while before I have to upgrade, I don't need DX10 yet, there will still be DX9 games and I have the highest DX9 card./

ive had my ps2 for nearly that long now

Yeah, but how out-dated is it?

4NGU$

VIP Member
i dont think sony will be realising a console in 3 years
but thing is i dont care if im out dated i just cant justify spending £700 on a pc
i might even just get a wii or a 360 there even cheaper or like i say just not get anything at all and use the money for something else

tlarkin

VIP Member
i dont think sony will be realising a console in 3 years
but thing is i dont care if im out dated i just cant justify spending £700 on a pc
i might even just get a wii or a 360 there even cheaper or like i say just not get anything at all and use the money for something else

Well when MS releases their new system with a new DX10 or heck DX11 compatible video card, and all the newest hardware, Sony will be forced to release a new console to compete. Since you can't upgrade consoles that is how it goes.

10 years! that is just nuts you think that. I mean hell sony is already trying to make you buy technology that is not even needed, and they will do it again and again.

4NGU$

VIP Member
well i dont even think me getting a ps3 is a realistic concept
i was just thinking that this game makes me want to

and i could still be playing a ps3 in 10 years if i wanted to, i dont see your point

tlarkin

VIP Member
well i dont even think me getting a ps3 is a realistic concept
i was just thinking that this game makes me want to

and i could still be playing a ps3 in 10 years if i wanted to, i dont see your point

Yeah well I still play my NES from 1985, but thats not saying its not outdated. If that is your logic my NES has been in use for over 20 years, so it must be the most future proof system out there.

What we are saying is, Sony made a real dumb decision putting all that hardware in the system to push next gen, even though they aren't even coming close to using all of it and never will. I am willing to bet the PS4 will be released before they ever fully take advantage of blu ray and the cell processor with its 7 cores.

4NGU$

VIP Member
im saying i cant afford to go to the pc route so a ps3 would most likely be my best option
to even come close to " next Gen "

and by the time a ps4 comes out i will probably be able to afford that coz by then i will be working full time