MineCraft

ScottALot

Hey, can anyone help me make a server? I just want a server where I can play alone so I can spawn items that are crazy hard to get (like TNT), but each time I try to make a server, it ends up loading Minecraft Classic (WTF).

Dropkickmurphys

Hey, can anyone help me make a server? I just want a server where I can play alone so I can spawn items that are crazy hard to get (like TNT), but each time I try to make a server, it ends up loading Minecraft Classic (WTF).

There is an application you can get which allows you to give yourself items on a single player game. Can't remember the name of it though.

Aastii

VIP Member

You can get hard to get stuff on single player by mining normal stuff.

1. Download cheat engine from here:

http://www.cheatengine.org/

2. Install and open it

3. Open minecraft, and go into your world

4. On cheat engine, and click on the little computer in the top left, and you will see a java program in the list, it will either be called minecraft or java. double click that

5. mine a load of dirt, cobble, gravel, sand, whatever, just an easy to find material. Get 9 stacks, 1 for each of your quick bar slots

6. With 64 pieces of of your chosen material (1 stack) in each slot on your bar, go back to cheat engine, and start a search for 64. Don't change any options, just search 64. probably 10s of thousands of results will come up.

7. Drop 1 from each stack, so there are now 63. Do a next search of 63 on cheat engine.

8. Pick up the materials your just dropped, so again, you have 64 in each stack, and do a next search of 64.

9. Repeat 7 and 8 until you have only 9 entries left on cheat engine. These are the memory locations for the dirt/stone/whatever on your bar

10. Right click on one and click browse this memory region

11. At the bottom of this new window, the first line will be (for the example of dirt) 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 03

The highlighted number is what says "this block is dirt".

12. Referring to this table, change that value to the corresponding value of the item that you want.

So, for example, to change dirt to TNT, change the 03 to 46. Go back to minecraft, and if it has worked, 1 of the stacks of what was dirt, will instead be dynamite.

You can do this for any item in the table, HOWEVER, if you want to get an item/material with 3 digits in the code, for example, you wanted to give yourself a diamond pick (code 278), there is an extra step.

Everything is the same, up until editing the value. When you have the window open to input a new value, you will notice a drop down box under the text box to put the new value in which says "1 byte". Change this to "2 bytes", then type in the new value and hit ok

mrjack

VIP Member
hehe hadn't heard of that until now, will be useful for getting dynamite/redstone for my cannon :D

I only found out about it today as well. It's really useful when I just want to build stuff and not have to spend hours gathering materials.

Keep in mind that any material with the amount set to 255 can only be used once when crafting.

Last edited:

Twist86

Firsly Scott that is not the best way to generate items.
Download a program called INVedit off the OFFICAL minecraft forums. Boot it up...load your save...edit your items/numbers *max 255 items* and hit save. Then boot your game up and enjoy.

Make sure you have no MC games loaded when you do it otherwise when you exit/return you will die :) Also always reload the program each time you edit other wise you run the chance of dying again lol.

mrjack

VIP Member
1. Create world in Minecraft
2. Save and exit
3. Start MineEdit.
4. File -> Open -> Browse to map... (should automatically open up the folder with save games)
5. Open the folder that corresponds to the world you want to edit.
6. Open the "level.dat" file.
7. Select a square in the inventory and set "Object Type" and count to what you want. (255 is the max and when crafting with an item set to 255 it can only be used once).
8. Click "Apply Selected".
9. Repeat steps 7 and 8 as needed.
10. File -> Save
11. Exit
12. Load the world in Minecraft

Last edited:

ScottALot

Firsly Scott that is not the best way to generate items.
Download a program called INVedit off the OFFICAL minecraft forums. Boot it up...load your save...edit your items/numbers *max 255 items* and hit save. Then boot your game up and enjoy.

Make sure you have no MC games loaded when you do it otherwise when you exit/return you will die :) Also always reload the program each time you edit other wise you run the chance of dying again lol.

Thanks!

1. Create world in Minecraft
2. Save and exit
3. Start MineEdit.
4. File -> Open -> Browse to map... (should automatically open up the folder with save games)
5. Open the folder that corresponds to the world you want to edit.
6. Open the "level.dat" file.
7. Select a square in the inventory and set "Object Type" and count to what you want. (255 is the max and when crafting with an item set to 255 it can only be used once).
8. Click "Apply Selected".
9. Repeat steps 7 and 8 as needed.
10. File -> Save
11. Exit
12. Load the world in Minecraft

I needed this so bad, some of the most simple stuff with computers is the stuff that takes me the longest to figure out. (Like my 3.2->3.6GHz overclock that ended in a checksum error after resetting the CMOS... still don't know what's up, but I feel like it's really simply stupid)

myndziuss

If you guys are talking about alpha then an item set to 255 can be used 255 times from inventory :) At least it was like that last time i played:D (a couple of days ago).

ScottALot

-Reserved for epic minecraft video that will be uploaded later today or tomorrow-

So made a 2 minute long Minecraft roller coaster that has a point that just drops into a pit :D

Twist86

LOL @ Scott. I have a 1 minute tram setup in my current world. Takes 1 minute to do 1 circle and combined takes 3 minutes to tram to my main location atm :p

P.C.Man

Thanks!

I needed this so bad, some of the most simple stuff with computers is the stuff that takes me the longest to figure out. (Like my 3.2->3.6GHz overclock that ended in a checksum error after resetting the CMOS... still don't know what's up, but I feel like it's really simply stupid)

Hmmm.... Normally, selecting the default BIOS settings and rebooting clears the checksum error.

P.C.Man

Thanks!

Hmmm.... Normally, selecting the default BIOS settings and rebooting clears the checksum error.