MineCraft

Turbo10

I think Minecraft is going down hill now. Yeah yeah its an amazing game but theres barely any updates and when they come out they are pretty much worthless anyway. I mean wolves? They are alright but surely theres other updates that would be more useful than that. I just think hes slacking a bit cause hes making the other game 'Scrolls' and 'hes just one guy' thing doesn't apply anymore cause Mojang is a team of about 7 now? Anyway notch needs a kick up the arse!

ScottALot

He's doing a lot of bug fixes right now. The game is still a bit buggy at its core, so he's fixing that before adding anything else.

I just joined mc.shrapnellodge.com which is pretty fun.

Turbo10

He's doing a lot of bug fixes right now. The game is still a bit buggy at its core, so he's fixing that before adding anything else.

I just joined mc.shrapnellodge.com which is pretty fun.

true but not that long ago he was bringing out bugfixes and updates every week, hence the 'secret firday update' thing, now its like every 2 months

Aastii

VIP Member
I just broke my clan's Minecraft server :p

1. Go to a villiage made by members, a good few thousand miles away in both directions

2. Dig down to bedrock

3. Using the wand tool, set as first point

4. type /spawn

5. build a pillar to the sky

6. set the top as the second point

7. type //set tnt

8. Server crashes :p

voyagerfan99

Master of Turning Things Off and Back On Again
Staff member
I've basically quit playing Minecraft. I never really built anything; I just mined. My brother uses my account now and hosts a server with his friends.

ScottALot

I just broke my clan's Minecraft server :p

1. Go to a villiage made by members, a good few thousand miles away in both directions

2. Dig down to bedrock

3. Using the wand tool, set as first point

4. type /spawn

5. build a pillar to the sky

6. set the top as the second point

7. type //set tnt

8. Server crashes :p

We had an admin on our server show off his abilities like spawning a lot of torches at once... however, lighting in Minecraft has a few bugs. The entire area had to be quarantined when he spawned about 1000 torches in one area. Now there's this huge lava pool surrounded by dirt in its place and any warps within a 100 step radius have been deleted because it causes the server to crash if you approach it.

Aastii

VIP Member
We had an admin on our server show off his abilities like spawning a lot of torches at once... however, lighting in Minecraft has a few bugs. The entire area had to be quarantined when he spawned about 1000 torches in one area. Now there's this huge lava pool surrounded by dirt in its place and any warps within a 100 step radius have been deleted because it causes the server to crash if you approach it.

Haha, that is why you always have a back up routine :D

We had pretty much ruined the server before that anyway, someone had just finished building a villiage, however because they wanted colours in it, it was all made of wood and wool, so naturally, the urge to crack out the flint and steel was too much :p

Once it was near all gone, someone else planted ~5k TNT which made a huuuuuuuuuuuge crater, then I filled the crater with water, however using cuboid, so it stayed in a cube with just a little run off, but because of the size, from a distance you couldn't tell there was any run off and it looked so cool. Wish I'd have screenshotted it before another admin decided to set another large block of TNT... It was after that I did the "make server all TNT" :p

Aastii

VIP Member
new patch is actually not bad, apart from how unstable it is.

And the fact that it screwed up multiplayer for a few days...

Still not updated from 1.5, partially because of no bukkit support yet, mostly because of the amount of server load, and consequently lag, the patch still causes, even after several updates in quick succession that were meant to fix the issues

Dngrsone

VIP Member
I decided to use my username as a seed in a new world... I have a lot of iron ore near the surface, and tons of coal... I wonder if there's magic in my name or they changed the values in the latest build.

Ooh, pet wolf! Just fed it about ten bones...

Turbo10

2011-06-07_175316.png

just finished the exterior of my castle, took like a week but im pleased :)