MineCraft

Aastii

VIP Member
It will most likely be later than that most days, but that is about the time.

My username is Luonce

Well that is probably better, especially for weekends and the such when people generally get on earlier and stay later.

I have whitelisted you, so you should be able to get on. The IP is 85.236.100.50:26456

Bananapie

Well that is probably better, especially for weekends and the such when people generally get on earlier and stay later.

I have whitelisted you, so you should be able to get on. The IP is 85.236.100.50:26456

Alright thanks a lot! I'll boot it up tomorrow. Really appreciate it. Single player is fun, but the game would be five-star with other people to enjoy it with! :D

Aastii

VIP Member
Probably best you don't now, server is down for maintenance :p. In case you get on there on your own and are a little overwhelmed, at the spawn you will have a wooden house on one side and a bridge on the other. Go behind the wooden house and there is a train station It has links to all other stations that I've made (still in the process of linking everything, it's my current project), you can have a look around everything there. there should be carts on the tracks already.

So far as building goes, just build anything anywhere so long as you don't break anyone elses stuff

Bananapie

Probably best you don't now, server is down for maintenance :p. In case you get on there on your own and are a little overwhelmed, at the spawn you will have a wooden house on one side and a bridge on the other. Go behind the wooden house and there is a train station It has links to all other stations that I've made (still in the process of linking everything, it's my current project), you can have a look around everything there. there should be carts on the tracks already.

So far as building goes, just build anything anywhere so long as you don't break anyone elses stuff

Yeah, I'm not about to go harassing other people. I post on IGN too, and they have a little minecraft server. People come and go on that one all the time, and destroy others stuff... even the "mods" of the server, and people running it tend to tear others down as they wish. I want a more mature server where if I build something, it will be there the next day. haha

Dngrsone

VIP Member
A quick question, maybe someone has a useable answer.

I am running Ubuntu 10.04 and playing Minecraft on it. No problem.

Except, sometimes it crashes... and I lose my world. Big problem.

So I found this little bash script to back up my Saves, it uses md5 hash to determine if the game has been played since last save, then backs up the played games.

My problem is this-- I want to put a launcher in Docky for Minecraft, but I'd like to have sort of automated mechanism that backs my data up either before or after I play.

Any suggestions?

Aastii

VIP Member
The world is simply in a folder called "world". Can you not create a script that, instead of loading Minecraft, will create a copy of your "World" folder in another directory as it was when you load the game, then load the game, then when you close the game it will create another copy of the "World" folder?

Aastii

VIP Member
is this the same server as before? you do you have your own now?

Which one before? Mine before was mine as in my clans server. If you mean the one Brian set up, no, it isn't that one. I'm fairly sure you have been on mine before, and that your stone house is still there across the bridge from Arkturaz's castle :p