MineCraft

JareeB

Which one before? Mine before was mine as in my clans server. If you mean the one Brian set up, no, it isn't that one. I'm fairly sure you have been on mine before, and that your stone house is still there across the bridge from Arkturaz's castle :p

oh yeah, thats sweet, haha, idk mc just got boring for some reason

lucasbytegenius

Minecraft 1.8

Anybody playin' 1.8 yet? They "leaked" it a few days ago and it's really great :D

[YT]tYoO9XkCCHg[/YT]

So far I've built a house, been adding on to it, and went mining a few MC days ago and found a MASSIVE cave:

2011-09-12_015357.png

I've also killed an Enderman, explored several mine shafts and found three NPC villages so far :D

1337dingo

hahaha yea i have played, those porting things are boss ay, i was at first like hey whats that over there... WOAH IT MOVED.. omg its getting closer!!!! then had to fight it as it attacked me haha

Troncoso

VIP Member
They are definitely taking a step in the right direction with this update. I'm glad they brought the creative mode back, and with flying!

I can't wait to see how the game ends up in november

1337dingo

They are definitely taking a step in the right direction with this update. I'm glad they brought the creative mode back, and with flying!

I can't wait to see how the game ends up in november

YES creative mode was awesome ay, just blew my mind haha

Darren

Staff member
I haven't played it yet but it looks great! The Enderman looks creepy. Are they trying to make a Herobrine monster or something out of him?

Is there anything in the NPC villages apart from buildings?

And yay flying without mods! I never liked using mods, felt like I was "cheating".

1337dingo

I haven't played it yet but it looks great! The Enderman looks creepy. Are they trying to make a Herobrine monster or something out of him?

And yay flying without mods! I never liked using mods, felt like I was "cheating".

na as far as i know its just buildings, its good to find when you start a new game and cant find coal :p and the flying is only in creative mode

Darren

Staff member
Yeah I knew it was only with Creative mode. Flying in Survival/Adventure would completely defeat the purpose of the game.

Still not out. :(

Troncoso

VIP Member

No, there aren't going to be any NPC's in the villages. According to mojang that probably won't see the game until update 1.9.

I wonder what else they might put in the actual release of 1.8 though

ok heres a few random builds of mine

SHIP
20110423203050.png

20110423203153.png

20110423203300.png

Captains Quarters
20110423203802.png

i have like 20 pics of this but im not gonna put them all up so on to the next thing.
random building, was going to use as a barracks for part of a massive city in the server but it didnt get finished.
20110504233846.png

heres a hockey rink
20110416043815.png

and finally heres a massive, triple blimp airship, going from one above sea level all the way to the sky limit and over 200 blocks long.

20110721144712.png

20110721144748.png
20110721144921.png
20110721145003.png

theres a few pics of that, its massive lol, although all credit does not go to me for these builds, it was me and my friend, known on minecraft as bonehead and pipehead lol, and the texture pack is Glimmar's Steampunk

Last edited:

Darren

Staff member
That is an AWESOME blimp!

I need to find a server like this were I can help build stuff, but I don't want to mess with an application or building rights/requirments. I just want to get on whenever I want and help with some building.

Anyone know of a server like that?

That is an AWESOME blimp!

I need to find a server like this were I can help build stuff, but I don't want to mess with an application or building rights/requirments. I just want to get on whenever I want and help with some building.

Anyone know of a server like that?

well the one which i built that stuff on was awesome, we had a voice chat everyone just talked and had fun, and we built awesome things, and everyone had access to all the plugins, so we had mcedit and could spawn blocks and fly and all that, it was an amazing building server i loved it, unfortunately its pretty much dead now :(

Darren

Staff member
:( Well with the new creative mode in 1.8 I think there will be more creative servers like that popping up.

Didn't see a need for it, it was discussing a specific version, but whatever :rolleyes:

@bonehead that blimp is awesome :cool:

hell yeah it is, its kind of dead though, its more like an old beast sitting around ready to be repaired, it has got the occasional upgrade, but other then that its still all from back in the first alpha version, and still isnt completely done, im thinking about going and giving her a complete upgrade

Thanatos

I'm getting ridiculous lag spikes with 60 FPS. Then my computer freezes. This is kind of sucking. As for the game, very similar, but I like it. I LOVE the new lighting. night moonlight is blue-ish, and torches cause brown-ish light. love it.