Mod My Xbox 360

codeman0013

That looks sweet just hope it doesnt RROD on you or you are screwed becuase there is no way in heck they would take it back now lol... I only say this becuase mine ships back to me and this is the 3rd 360 i have had in less then a year tehy all keep dying...

g4m3rof1337

I've had mine since December of 2006, and the only problem I've ever had was the DVD tray wouldn't stay closed, simple fix, but that has been the only problem I've ever had with it. And the warranty was void when I opened it to fix the DVD tray.

just a noob

change all the lights in it too, change all the lights under the front panel, and do it to the controllers too :p just to let you know if you do decide to do it to the controllers, you need a security t8 bit

JlCollins005

so with the heat from the lights, and the module box for the lights u havent had ne probs i was thinkin of addin blue ones to mine but was unsure if id need to swap out the fans for better cooling, or add one or two.. i seen a case a guy did he fiberglassed 2 80mm fans on the top it look pretty neat ill see if i can find the pic.. if u go to 360mods.net u can see what some other people have done as far as 360 customization

g4m3rof1337

I dont think the lights add very much heat if any at all, their computer cathodes, soldered onto the Xbox Mobo. And its been a week, and haven't had a problem, or anything close to something that could be a potential problem.

We're talking yesterday, about putting the Xbox 360 Mobo in my Computer Case. Like actually mounting it all in there, and having it work as an Xbox.

JlCollins005

yea lol i read a post on that 360 site and a guy was talkin about it so im gunna give it a shot.. also what case were u thinkin?

g4m3rof1337

I'd put it in like a Micro ATX if it would be by itself, but I have the CM Stacker Case, so I could put it in there, but the Micro ATX case would be better.

g4m3rof1337

Maybe something like this,
xoxide_2010_44791459

http://www.xoxide.com/aspire-x-qpack-case-green.html

JlCollins005

oops another thing that would be a neat idea gettin a large enough case to have both ur reg pc and 360 in, maybe modifying a server case of some sort would be a neat idea

Vizy

oops another thing that would be a neat idea gettin a large enough case to have both ur reg pc and 360 in, maybe modifying a server case of some sort would be a neat idea

That's a really great idea. That's be crazy!!!

I don't think it's been done before. That's be a great show at your LAN party's, gamer,

g4m3rof1337

Yeah, I originally wanted to put it in my current PC case, with my PC in it. My case is the CM Stacker.

Heres a picture:
P1010456.jpg

MoreFridayPictures008.jpg

Last edited: