Mod My Xbox 360

g4m3rof1337

I've been asked if I will be going through with my second mod a few times recently, and I want to say that I will be making a new thread, a Part II to this, probably this weekend, to organize my thoughts and get some feedback.

g4m3rof1337

I postponed putting the 360 in my PC, since it would be a hassle to take out for just an Xbox 360 LAN, but I'll think of something else to do.

Also, I might plan on mounting a 45mm fan onto the heatsink, in the 360, and powering it like I did with the cathodes.

Stay posted.

voyagerfan99

Master of Turning Things Off and Back On Again
Staff member
Ya know, I forgot that you did this! I still think it looks amazing!

g4m3rof1337

Thanks, I ended up getting a new 360, since my other DVD drive stopped working..

I'm debating on whether to reapply better thermal paste on the 360, it runs cooler than my other one already though, so..

I may go back an do another case mod, but go all out on it.

epidemik

Id say dont worry about it cause putting it on will void your warranty wont it?
And if you dont put it on and it dies from overheating...its under warranty.

Vizy

Like gamer cares about his warranty. I heard he goes to the display xBox's at gamestop, opens it up, takes the sticker, rips it, and then mails it to Microsoft with a picture of his middle finger.

Pshhh.....warranties.

:p

g4m3rof1337

Like gamer cares about his warranty. I heard he goes to the display xBox's at gamestop, opens it up, takes the sticker, rips it, and then mails it to Microsoft with a picture of his middle finger.

Pshhh.....warranties.

Haha, reading my blog?

g4m3rof1337

Alright, I'm going to mod my 360 again, since I picked up another one, I'm going to add green cathodes, add a side panel, try and get a laser etching on the side panel, add a side panel to the DVD drive, and if possible, add a bigger external hard drive, and try and put some sort of clear panel on that, and then reapplying better thermal paste, I also don't plan on painting it, I'm going to keep it stock white, that way the green cathodes will look better.