Modern Warfare 2 Thread

Shane

Super Moderator
Staff member
Guys can anyone play online? Ive not been abel to play online since around 12pm today...it just doesnt find any games/players?

and nope its not my firewall or something....has to be IW.net!

Droogie

so what are everyone's thoughts on AC130 vs chopper gunner?

i've been using chopper gunner for awhile now, but recently i decided to unlock the AC130. the thing i like about the AC130 is it's much more difficult to shoot down. today i flew in a chopper gunner, and the thing got shot down within, literally, 5 seconds. plus the AC130 has that one huge ass gun, that you can just drop right into the enemy spawn and get a multi-kill.

so i think i'll be using AC130 mostly from now on.

Last edited:

ellanky

The AC130 is pretty fun and with the Danger Close Pro perk its even better, lol.
The chopper is good because you get quick easy kills but thats exactly why I dont kinda like it.
Its so cheap lol.

Droogie

The AC130 is pretty fun and with the Danger Close Pro perk its even better, lol.
The chopper is good because you get quick easy kills but thats exactly why I dont kinda like it.
Its so cheap lol.

yea but its SO easy to shoot down. 1-2 stingers usually. while the AC130 takes 3-4, and is higher up in the air.

Motorcharge

I'm not gonna read through 31 pages to find out, but how is PC multiplayer? I wasn't going to get it since they pulled the dedicated servers at the last minute, but I can get a copy for free from a friend that works at Activision, and after playing it on my brothers 360 I think I might get it.

Is the online multiplayer like xbox live at all in the way games are setup/organized or what?

Droogie

I'm not gonna read through 31 pages to find out, but how is PC multiplayer? I wasn't going to get it since they pulled the dedicated servers at the last minute, but I can get a copy for free from a friend that works at Activision, and after playing it on my brothers 360 I think I might get it.

Is the online multiplayer like xbox live at all in the way games are setup/organized or what?

i believe it's identical to the 360 matchmaking. but i've heard that a ton of people are running into to hackers.

Shane

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yeah its basically the same as the console version,Its nowhere near as bad as people are making out....they're just not happy because of no dedicated servers....for their clans which is understandable,

For me i think its the best COD yet...much better.

As for hackers,I've come across 2 or 3,Its obvious they're hacking because they know where you are all the time...you can tell by their kill cam and 40+ kills and no deaths is more proof.

I think ive become addicted to the game now though...lvl 50 :)

Last edited:

Machin3

Yeah its basically the same as the console version,Its nowhere near as bad as people are making out....they're just not happy because of no dedicated servers....for their clans which is understandable,

For me i think its the best COD yet...much better.

As for hackers,I've come across 2 or 3,Its obvious they're hacking because they know where you are all the time...you can tell by their kill cam and 40+ kills and no deaths is more proof.

I think ive become addicted to the game now though...lvl 50 :)

i think its really good too. I like how your always going into a full game not some server with only 2 people in it.

Shane

Super Moderator
Staff member
i think its really good too. I like how your always going into a full game not some server with only 2 people in it.

Yeah thats a big thumbs up!

Only thing i dont like so far is....you can ever choose what map you want to play on,Your basicly forced to go on whatever map the lobby has choosen.

Also....the knife delay pisses me off,Like you see an enemy close...run to him to knife him and he moves all of a sudden,sees you and you go to swing your knife again and.... ...... ..... ...... and knife swings,But its too laet hes already got you.

http://boardsus.playstation.com/playstation/board/message?board.id=callofduty3&thread.id=690704

Like that :rolleyes:

Motorcharge

Are you able to pick between hardcore and non hardcore servers?
In 4 I was always really picky about where I played and what the server settings where. Drives me nuts playing on my brothers xbox and the respawn timers are like 10 ****in seconds. :mad:

Droogie

one thing i HATE about matchmaking: when you get put into a game that's already 3/4 of the way over, and you're team is losing horribly. i've actually been put into a game before that was in he post game lobby.

i'd imagine they have enough players online to justify only putting people into new, not yet started games. but i guess not.

other than that, the matchmaking is pretty flawless.

Shane

Super Moderator
Staff member
Anyone else noticed that the Claymores just don't work sometimes?

I can put a claymore by a door,which i know the enemy will come through because in domination its pretty obvious if theres a door near the flag,Enemy are bound to pass through it...anyhow they just walk straight through my Claymore and it doesn't even explode? its done this like 10-15 times now!!! It must be a bug.

Aastii

VIP Member

I can put a claymore by a door,which i know the enemy will come through because in domination its pretty obvious if theres a door near the flag,Enemy are bound to pass through it...anyhow they just walk straight through my Claymore and it doesn't even explode? its done this like 10-15 times now!!! It must be a bug.

yup, that happened to me too :)

Droogie

sit rep pro delays claymore by 5 seconds. but not a ton of people use that, and you're saying they don't blow up at all, so yea could be a bug.

i think they nerfed the claymores a little bit overall, which is good because they were a bit out of control in cod4.

Shane

Super Moderator
Staff member
Ye,i already know about that perk but even with the delay it still should explode....and alot of times its as if ive just not placed one there! :p

Il have a read through the IW forum later,see if anyone else has reported the same issue.

Im not sure what they was like in COD4...never realy used them :D

Droogie

Ye,i already know about that perk but even with the delay it still should explode....and alot of times its as if ive just not placed one there! :p

Il have a read through the IW forum later,see if anyone else has reported the same issue.

Im not sure what they was like in COD4...never realy used them :D

you got 2 of them in cod4. and it didn't replace your nades.

Shane

Super Moderator
Staff member
you got 2 of them in cod4. and it didn't replace your nades.

I thought we did!,I wonder why they limited it to 1 only?:cool:,A Claymore Pro perk would be good that unlocks and allows you to carry extra claymores,Even if we had to loose something else.

Droogie

I thought we did!,I wonder why they limited it to 1 only?:cool:,A Claymore Pro perk would be good that unlocks and allows you to carry extra claymores,Even if we had to loose something else.

that's what scavenger is for! it replaces not only your ammo, but all of your equipment as well. i almost am always running scavenger.