Modern Warfare 2 Thread

Shane

Super Moderator
Staff member
that's what scavenger is for! it replaces not only your ammo, but all of your equipment as well. i almost am always running scavenger.

But say you have placed a Claymore somewhere....and its not been set off yet,and you managed to re-supply your ammo with the Scavanger perk...does this not render the other Claymore useless because your only allowed one at a time?

Droogie

But say you have placed a Claymore somewhere....and its not been set off yet,and you managed to re-supply your ammo with the Scavanger perk...does this not render the other Claymore useless because your only allowed one at a time?

nope. you can keep stacking them, not sure what the limit is.

btw, the famas is a BEAST!

Fatback

VIP Member
Yea I have had 4 out at one time using Scavenger, almost had 5 but somebody threw a grenade in there and blew my claymores up and it killed me with it.

Droogie

wow. all these ****ers doing the private game in matching glitch have ruined domination. i can't even get a good domination game anymore, they're all huge parties on random maps.

Droogie

i'd just like to say this:

anybody who uses the model 1887 shotguns should be ashamed of yourself. by far the most overpowered unbalanced weapon i've ever encountered in any fps. i hate them, and the users to no end. what the **** was infinity ward thinking...the damn things have the same range as the smgs, if not better. wth!

/rant

Motorcharge

i'd just like to say this:

anybody who uses the model 1887 shotguns should be ashamed of yourself. by far the most overpowered unbalanced weapon i've ever encountered in any fps. i hate them, and the users to no end. what the **** was infinity ward thinking...the damn things have the same range as the smgs, if not better. wth!

/rant

Try firing one in real life and tell me they don't go that far.

Shane

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yeah ive noticed this recently...neary every high ranking player has these 1887 shotguns and theyre so overpowered!

I think they are becomming more of a problem then nube toobers now :D

I just want to get the AK-47...i think its like a rank 70 unlock though :cool:

Currently 52 :cool:

Motorcharge

They're only realistic. Trust me, go shoot one in real life and you'll see what I'm talking about. Most shotguns are lethal over 100 feet easy. I also own 2 1887s in real life and the smoke is minimal and really only visible if it's cold out or if you're using black powder shells.

[YT]kxobZSc82fE[/YT]

Alls fair in love and modern warfare. I wouldn't expect someone not to use a weapon because it's effective.

Droogie

^ do you own actual vintage 1887's, or copies.

even if they're realistic, that argument isn't valid. because the rest of the game isn't at all realistic, it's supposed to be balanced.

i will refuse to use these weapons, because i think it's exploiting something that is totally unfair in the game. i'm hoping infinity ward will wise up and patch them.

Motorcharge

I own both, the original is an 1890 and even with black powder shells the smoke is barely anything and I could absolutely kill someone at 30+ yards with it.

The game isn't entirely realistic, but like all the other CoD games it aims at being fairly realistic and for the most part the guns operate pretty similar to how they do in real life and it's about time the shotguns did. The range in the last CoDs has been pathetic on them.

Droogie

it's not AT ALL realistic though. every assault rifle has literally 0 recoil. the sniper rifles have ridiculous mobility (an intervention with a scope weighs around 25-30 pounds i believe). a real .50 cal will almost always kill you no matter where it hits you. you can suppress ANY weapon in the game, which is BS. the stinger is laughably easy to use. akimbo P90's just WOULD NOT happen...the list goes on and on.

most of the guns do not operate realistically. not even close. don't get me wrong, i love this game. but it has some issues.

Motorcharge

Cut it some slack, it's a video game that caters towards kids so it's not exactly as Sim. Regardless the weapon art, specs, ranges, ammo, damage, ect are all and have always been fairly realistic, enough to make the game seem believable but still fun to play. Sure, the recoil and weight are toned down, but they're still there.

And why wouldn't akimbo P90s work? There isn't much recoil on them and they're a low caliber smg. I've shot em in real life (semi auto) and it's not hard at all to control, in fact most weapons are easier to hip fire than they are to hold on your shoulder, albeit not as accurate.

[YT]f76wGxg3fzw&[/YT]

As for the Stinger, it is easy to use. Is in real life as well, not much to it.
http://science.howstuffworks.com/stinger.htm

Bacon

This game is supposed to be balanced regardless of realism and those 1887s are NOT balanced.

I found the rangers to be quite annoying as well.

Motorcharge

And what makes you assume every weapon is supposed to be "balanced"? Every CoD game to date has had weapons people consider unbalanced and it hasn't stopped them yet from putting more in the next one.

And to further prove my point on the dual p90s:

[YT]fZbnjY90Ngc[/YT]

Droogie

This game is supposed to be balanced regardless of realism and those 1887s are NOT balanced.

I found the rangers to be quite annoying as well.

exactly my point. im not arguing that the game should be realistic, just balanced.

you're trying to argue that the 1887's are realistic, which they may be. but that doesn't make it OK that they're totally over-powered.

my point with the P90's wasn't that it couldn't happen. it just wouldn't happen, who the hell would go into battle with 2 SMG's.

Motorcharge

Like I said above, there have ALWAYS been unbalanced weapons in the CoD series, it's nothing new and theres ALWAYS a crowd that gets mad at them, yet after 6 years and 13 releases that hasn't changed, obviously for a reason.

In fact, a friend of mine from my old CoD4 clan actually works for Activision and has worked on several CoD games. I'll see what his take is on them is and get back to you.