Modern Warfare 2 Thread

Matthew1990

I finally reached lvl70 and was chuffed to bits. I though I could start to prestige, but noooooo you have to go one level more.....so pointless.....I am gutted.....

Shane

Super Moderator
Staff member
I finally reached lvl70 and was chuffed to bits. I though I could start to prestige, but noooooo you have to go one level more.....so pointless.....I am gutted.....

The whole pres thing is stupid imo....you go all what..71 levels,then it gets reset to lvl 1 again if you want pres.

I might just stay at lvl 70 when i get my AK-47.

When BF:BC2 beta starts in a few days il probably not play mw2 anyways lol.

Shane

Super Moderator
Staff member
Ive picked up an AK-47 a few times from those "Higher ranked" ppl,and its realy easy imo to get a kill with it.

They realy nerfed the L887 shottys didnt they :D...took me 2 blasts to get a kill with 2 of them in akimbo today :eek:

Im currently lvl 68.

Droogie

Ive picked up an AK-47 a few times from those "Higher ranked" ppl,and its realy easy imo to get a kill with it.

They realy nerfed the L887 shottys didnt they :D...took me 2 blasts to get a kill with 2 of them in akimbo today :eek:

Im currently lvl 68.

the AK has high damage, but seems to be useless without stopping power. even without stopping power i still find it outclassed by the tar and scar.

as for the model 1887's, if you use bling pro and attach both akimbo and FMJ the range is almost the same as it was pre patch. i really don't mind that though, because getting akimbo, FMJ, and bling pro takes a little work, and it seems very few people actually utilize this for the models.

Aastii

VIP Member
the AK has high damage, but seems to be useless without stopping power. even without stopping power i still find it outclassed by the tar and scar.

normal mode noob :p hardcore ftw :D:D

The few times I have picked up an AK, it doesn't seem as good as it was in CoD4, still give me a scar or ACR any day; neither need a scope because the iron sights are so damn accurate, so leaves it open for silencer or FMJ, and in hardcore, they are 2 bullet kill in leg, lower torso or arms, and one shot in chest or head, so pwn :D

Droogie

normal mode noob :p hardcore ftw :D:D

The few times I have picked up an AK, it doesn't seem as good as it was in CoD4, still give me a scar or ACR any day; neither need a scope because the iron sights are so damn accurate, so leaves it open for silencer or FMJ, and in hardcore, they are 2 bullet kill in leg, lower torso or arms, and one shot in chest or head, so pwn :D

i play mostly search and destroy, i'm not a huge fan of hardcore. but yeah, the thing with red dot on the AK; when it's put on the iron sights aren't stripped off, like on all the other guns. so you can still see the iron sights when looking through the red dot glass, which is kind of confusing/ defeats the purpose of the actual red dot.

Aastii

VIP Member
i play mostly search and destroy, i'm not a huge fan of hardcore. but yeah, the thing with red dot on the AK; when it's put on the iron sights aren't stripped off, like on all the other guns. so you can still see the iron sights when looking through the red dot glass, which is kind of confusing/ defeats the purpose of the actual red dot.

The iron sights stay on all guns, just on most they don't overlap too much.

I haven't used a red dot AK, so can't really comment

Droogie

The iron sights stay on all guns, just on most they don't overlap too much.

I haven't used a red dot AK, so can't really comment

no they don't. look at the scar or the m4 for example next time you put a red dot on it, the iron sights are removed from the gun.

Aastii

VIP Member
no they don't. look at the scar or the m4 for example next time you put a red dot on it, the iron sights are removed from the gun.

you know you are quite right. I think the ones that get removed are in a minority though and even when they stay on, they don't affect much I find.

Tonight though I played for about 4 hours straight because I was having the luckynest night I have ever had. I'm not sure if it was just luck, or if it was that I was super duper concentrated, but it was like this for probably 20 or 30 games straight:

MW2score.jpg

And the other team weren't noobs, seeing as how I was the only one with possitive k/d. I wasn't camping or useing noob tube or any crap like that either, was using m4 to do challenges. Started out with silencer, then used acog, then used fmj. I am now 20 kills or so away from having all of them on fmj. Was using predator, Pave Low and Chopper gunner. Wish I'd have unlocked nuke now because I had a few 25 kill streaks :(

Was still awesome though :D

tlarkin

VIP Member
I dunno I bought the game and beat the campaign and played multiplayer till about level 25ish or so....and I think I still like L4D 2 better...

If you didn't have to waste so much time ranking up, I think I would like the game better. I don't want to play repetitive game modes to grind through levels to unlock certain features in multilayer. that is just me though.

AusLinda

i hear alot of things about PC online play about no dedicated servers or something like that, can someone explain what is the issue without having dedicated servers?

Fatback

VIP Member
oh there have been plenty..IW has been pretty good about patching them though.

Yea they have but man were they annoying. People have already found a different way to do the unlimited care package glitch. It's so annoying because there is a harrier, or chopper in the air.

Gooberman

it's the only challenge i mean i can take it down it's just probably x2 harder xD (haven't played since jan 1st :mad: i'll be back on spring break for a week :D xD (dial up S U C K S!!!)

Droogie

The AC130 isn't that bad you just need a stinger, cold blooded, slight of hand, and distance from the rest of you're team.

it's still hard..it takes 3 stingers every single time. so you need to either run scavenger, or kill yourself to replenish your stinger ammo. if you have two guys running stingers it can be taken down really quick.