Modern Warfare 2 Thread

Aastii

VIP Member
Why not trade the game in? At least you get some money back.... :)

because it is bound to your steam account, and as you can't sell steam accounts, you can't sell the game. Even if I could sell my steam account, I wouldn't, wouldn't get the money worth for all of the other games I have on there

WeatherMan

O yesh. I forgot about that horrible thing called steam. I actually don't get why they don't let you sell the accounts... I mean they've already made the money?

They're gonna get more support, and a bigger user base if they let people sell them, the buyers of the accounts would most likely buy more games... *cough* ganzey *cough* :p ...... I don't get why its not approved of!

linkin

VIP Member
I don't understand how people call MW2 better than BC2. judging from what i've seen, the main advantage to BC2 seems to be dedicated servers :p

Mind you i have played neither games as of yet, but i have BC2 due to arrive in the mail soon.

Last edited:

Aastii

VIP Member
O yesh. I forgot about that horrible thing called steam. I actually don't get why they don't let you sell the accounts... I mean they've already made the money?

They're gonna get more support, and a bigger user base if they let people sell them, the buyers of the accounts would most likely buy more games... *cough* ganzey *cough* :p ...... I don't get why its not approved of!

I am fairly sure that much like game accounts, when you make a steam account, you don't own the account and never will, Valve own it and always will.

When you pay for a game you buy the liscence to play it, but it is bound to the account, so because you don't own the account, if you sell or trade it you are giving away something that isn't yours

WeatherMan

So why don't they just let you hold the license to the software you've downloaded :confused: I Don't get how it'd create any problems for them, they could just re-issue a download if something happened, how often would they gain something out of their EULA stating that people don't have the right to the game?

Unless.... They get all tail happy over being able to sue people for selling their accounts :p Oh wait its a business! ;)

tlarkin

VIP Member
It would be cool if steam had some sort of buy back option, like a trade in like Gamestop does. You de-authorize the license from your account and get, even a 50% credit towards a new game would be nice.

I own both BC2 and MW2 and BC 2 is by far the better game. It feels better, plays better, and online game play is better. You get more options, dedicated servers, different classes to play, and you can operate vehicles. There is a lot more game play in it.

MW2, is just a modern camp fest, with shitty online play and $60....

I bought it because I listened to some fan boys who said it was soooo good. Oh well, $60 isn't a huge amount of money, but I wish I hadn't spent it.

Aastii

VIP Member
So why don't they just let you hold the license to the software you've downloaded :confused: I Don't get how it'd create any problems for them, they could just re-issue a download if something happened, how often would they gain something out of their EULA stating that people don't have the right to the game?

Unless.... They get all tail happy over being able to sue people for selling their accounts :p Oh wait its a business! ;)

lol exactly. If everyone could trade games they wouldn't make as much money. Having every user have to make an individual account and buy the game = more sales. They try to get around it by selling it and get caught, Valve ban the account and another sale for each of the games is made when the person buys the games again ;)

You sign up to that when you make the account and buy the games so you can't exactly complain about it

Ryeong

BC2 is better than MW2. Still, i like MW2 a lot for it's unrealism and easy killing.. It's so easy to get like 20-1 in MW2 without any prob. Becouse the bullets have no gravity nor does the players have any sort of "life"? 2 shots in their legs with a handgun and they die wtf?

BC2 has better graphics, destrucable enviorments (like totally destruction.. buildings can be torn totally apart) 32x bigger maps.. more weapons, more varity, more interesting stages.. You have more interesting modes as well.. Squad deathmatch (4 invidual teams with up to 5 players vs 4 others.. like 5v5v5v5, that's awesome!) In HC mode people dies faster, yet without they can survive more realistic instanses such as being shoot in the leg. Also, you have tanks, choppers, Quad's etc etc..

There is no question, nor doubt that BC2 is a more realistic, advanced and better game than MW2. Yet, that's all about preferences.. MW2= good for close fighting, easy good looking kills etc.. BC2= best for realism, feeling of being in a war, varity, destruction etc etc..

But there is a fact that MW2 and BC2 are two different games, aiming for two different sorts of players. So keep that in mind, and this is my opinion so don't flame me okay? I used to be a hardcore MW2 player.. played 5 hours a day mininum.. Now, im a hardcore BC2 player, so i know what i'm talking about.

Aastii

VIP Member
BC2 is better than MW2. Still, i like MW2 a lot for it's unrealism and easy killing.. It's so easy to get like 20-1 in MW2 without any prob. Becouse the bullets have no gravity nor does the players have any sort of "life"? 2 shots in their legs with a handgun and they die wtf?

BC2 has better graphics, destrucable enviorments (like totally destruction.. buildings can be torn totally apart) 32x bigger maps.. more weapons, more varity, more interesting stages.. You have more interesting modes as well.. Squad deathmatch (4 invidual teams with up to 5 players vs 4 others.. like 5v5v5v5, that's awesome!) In HC mode people dies faster, yet without they can survive more realistic instanses such as being shoot in the leg. Also, you have tanks, choppers, Quad's etc etc..

There is no question, nor doubt that BC2 is a more realistic, advanced and better game than MW2. Yet, that's all about preferences.. MW2= good for close fighting, easy good looking kills etc.. BC2= best for realism, feeling of being in a war, varity, destruction etc etc..

But there is a fact that MW2 and BC2 are two different games, aiming for two different sorts of players. So keep that in mind, and this is my opinion so don't flame me okay? I used to be a hardcore MW2 player.. played 5 hours a day mininum.. Now, im a hardcore BC2 player, so i know what i'm talking about.

I agree- with you completely, but I am in the thinking that CoD4 is still infinately better than MW2 is and ever will be (unless dedi servers and mods come out, then we will see ;)). I was, and to a certain extent, still am a hardcore CoD4 player, used to play from when I got in from school until I went to bed, so a good 8 hours a day on weekdays, yet I still play clan scrims. I don't play it like I used to, but with MW2, even from only playing an hour a day at most I am so damn bored of it already.

CoD4(with certain mods)>BC2>MW2

BC2 I love, and I think you are right, you can't really compare it to CoD because it is going more for realism, CoD is going more for the casual players. Oh, and BC2 will be better than MW2 again because I bet they won't charge stupid amounts for DLC, if it comes, and PC will just about certainly get it for free

Motorcharge

I agree- with you completely, but I am in the thinking that CoD4 is still infinately better than MW2 is and ever will be (unless dedi servers and mods come out, then we will see ;)). I was, and to a certain extent, still am a hardcore CoD4 player, used to play from when I got in from school until I went to bed, so a good 8 hours a day on weekdays, yet I still play clan scrims. I don't play it like I used to, but with MW2, even from only playing an hour a day at most I am so damn bored of it already.

CoD4(with certain mods)>BC2>MW2

BC2 I love, and I think you are right, you can't really compare it to CoD because it is going more for realism, CoD is going more for the casual players. Oh, and BC2 will be better than MW2 again because I bet they won't charge stupid amounts for DLC, if it comes, and PC will just about certainly get it for free

I got tired of CoD4, can't play it anymore. I used to play it so much it got to the point where I could easily get 60+:1 K:D because people were so incredibly easy to see that you essentially had to just click them. Hell, a lot of maps I could run through with a deagle and kill 50,60,70+ people without ever dying.

MW2 was completely disappointing. Wasn't anything like 4 and everything people wanted to change about 4 they just made worse. Not to mention on PC it's almost impossible to get in a game without several people using aimbots.

Never been a fan of the BF series after 1942 (and the over 9000 expansions). Can't stand the fact that you can unload a full clip into someone and still not kill them. That aspect of all of them is so stupidly unrealistic that it completely kills it for me.

Aastii

VIP Member
I got tired of CoD4, can't play it anymore. I used to play it so much it got to the point where I could easily get 60+:1 K:D because people were so incredibly easy to see that you essentially had to just click them. Hell, a lot of maps I could run through with a deagle and kill 50,60,70+ people without ever dying.

MW2 was completely disappointing. Wasn't anything like 4 and everything people wanted to change about 4 they just made worse. Not to mention on PC it's almost impossible to get in a game without several people using aimbots.

Never been a fan of the BF series after 1942 (and the over 9000 expansions). Can't stand the fact that you can unload a full clip into someone and still not kill them. That aspect of all of them is so stupidly unrealistic that it completely kills it for me.

I can get high k/d's yes, but not in scrims because everyone is at the same level. In friendly matches and league matches it is a different game, like it was when you first started playing when there was somewhat of a challenge, and it makes it the game it is meant to be, because there is so much teamwork and tactics involved.

If they implemented dedicated servers into MW2, this would start up and I think alot of opinions would change as people would be using modded maps and mods to enhance the game, and clan matches, where people actually play as a team, would make the experience so so much better.

BF2, yea, you can fire a full clip AT someone and not kill them, but because you missed every damn bullet. You fire a whole magaine into someone and you have wasted all but 2 or 3 bullets because those 2 or 3 killed them

Motorcharge

I can get high k/d's yes, but not in scrims because everyone is at the same level. In friendly matches and league matches it is a different game, like it was when you first started playing when there was somewhat of a challenge, and it makes it the game it is meant to be, because there is so much teamwork and tactics involved.

If they implemented dedicated servers into MW2, this would start up and I think alot of opinions would change as people would be using modded maps and mods to enhance the game, and clan matches, where people actually play as a team, would make the experience so so much better.

BF2, yea, you can fire a full clip AT someone and not kill them, but because you missed every damn bullet. You fire a whole magaine into someone and you have wasted all but 2 or 3 bullets because those 2 or 3 killed them
Used to compete with my clan before WaW came out and it wasn't much diff, I was still consistently getting 20:1 K : D's and getting accused of hacking constantly lol. Once you played it long enough it was stupidly easy to shoot people if they moved the slightest bit, the movement was very easy for my eye to catch.

Dedicated servers and better anti cheat measures would go a long way, but theres still a lot of issues that would keep it from being anywhere near as good as 4 was. Too many of the perks and kill streaks are stupidly over powered.

I can't say for BF2 because I haven't played it yet. The previous ones always seemed like you could empty half a clip into someones chest point blank and not kill them yet they'd still manage to kill you with like 2 shots though. I want to check it out, but it seems theres only demos for consoles.

daffyracers03

just bought the game a couple weeks ago. First time playing war game fps.

I really like this game. I sucked when I first started but got a little better. Mostly strategy.
BriteLinkZINC

WARFARE.jpg

Last edited:

Shane

Super Moderator
Staff member
Just seen the Stimulus Package available on steam....£10.79 (-10%)

http://store.steampowered.com/app/10195/

I wont be paying for maps that that were already made on mw1,all they have done is make it so it works for MW2.....should be free!

No new weapons....no new ranks...nothing other than copied maps lol

Last edited:

russb

This price ( Just seen the Stimulus Package available on steam....£10.79) is if you preorder,£11.99 if you dont.

Aastii

VIP Member
This price ( Just seen the Stimulus Package available on steam....£10.79) is if you preorder,£11.99 if you dont.

it is such a joke, the price of it and that we have to pay for it, I thought the reason that you had to pay for it on consoles was because players had to pay sony and microsoft for the bandwidth to download it. We got it for free because otherwise people could just put it on their own servers and upload it to us. We payed for the game online, we can sit there downloading it over and over for free and using up bandwidth, so why charge for a crap expansion pack which wouldn't use half the bandwidth of downloading the full game? Takes the piss.

Still though, I have CoD4 so am happy :)

linkin

VIP Member

Ahh, but the point is unloading a whole clip at a time is inaccurate ;) which is true. Hence: short, controlled bursts. :good:

:D

russb

it is such a joke, the price of it and that we have to pay for it, I thought the reason that you had to pay for it on consoles was because players had to pay sony and microsoft for the bandwidth to download it. We got it for free because otherwise people could just put it on their own servers and upload it to us. We payed for the game online, we can sit there downloading it over and over for free and using up bandwidth, so why charge for a crap expansion pack which wouldn't use half the bandwidth of downloading the full game? Takes the piss.

Still though, I have CoD4 so am happy :)

I agree.