Modern Warfare 2 Thread

Fatback

VIP Member
it's still hard..it takes 3 stingers every single time. so you need to either run scavenger, or kill yourself to replenish your stinger ammo. if you have two guys running stingers it can be taken down really quick.

I never have a problem with it, and I play ground war so there is always at least one other person shooting at it.

Shane

Super Moderator
Staff member
what pisses me off is when i just lock on to a harrier or w/e some dude just kills me lol

What annoys me....when i have a pred missile..shoot it and nearly about to kill the dude and someone else kills him seconds before the hit and a waste of a missile!!!:cool:

Aastii

VIP Member
What annoys me....when i have a pred missile..shoot it and nearly about to kill the dude and someone else kills him seconds before the hit and a waste of a missile!!!:cool:

I hate it more when there is a pave low that you have hit 2 or 3 times and someone goes and gets 1 single hit and downs it

Shane

Super Moderator
Staff member
I hate it more when there is a pave low that you have hit 2 or 3 times and someone goes and gets 1 single hit and downs it

Yeah thats annoying,they should at least give you some points if you have hit it,even if you didnt take it down.

Just like if you shoot an enemy,but dont kill them...when someone else on your team kill them you get points....so why isnt it the same?

Droogie

Yeah thats annoying,they should at least give you some points if you have hit it,even if you didnt take it down.

Just like if you shoot an enemy,but dont kill them...when someone else on your team kill them you get points....so why isnt it the same?

the pavelow has a set of flares. so it's guranteed to take at least 2 stinger missiles. and it is 2 about 90% of the time. i agree with your point though, it's especially annoying when you fire off 2 at an AC130 (which takes 3 100% of the time, since it has 2 sets of flares) and then someone takes it out with the final shot.

C_Man

the pavelow has a set of flares. so it's guranteed to take at least 2 stinger missiles. and it is 2 about 90% of the time. i agree with your point though, it's especially annoying when you fire off 2 at an AC130 (which takes 3 100% of the time, since it has 2 sets of flares) and then someone takes it out with the final shot.

Thats some interesting info. Your always best to be right under whatever your shooting at. If you hit any helicopter or harrier in the belly it will go down quicker. But places like wateland piss me off with those spawn kills when the sky is full. There is no where to hide half the time. Cold blooded is great when it is used right. Nothing is worse than these damn boosters. Ever sence christmas this game has gone downhill. But its still fun. I just wish they had more servers and less glitches on the game.

Droogie

Thats some interesting info. Your always best to be right under whatever your shooting at. If you hit any helicopter or harrier in the belly it will go down quicker. But places like wateland piss me off with those spawn kills when the sky is full. There is no where to hide half the time. Cold blooded is great when it is used right. Nothing is worse than these damn boosters. Ever sence christmas this game has gone downhill. But its still fun. I just wish they had more servers and less glitches on the game.

yea i'll agree with you, the game has gone down hill since christmas.

one major fault of the game in my eyes, is that an assault rifle beats a sniper rifle in about 90% of situations. it really isn't practical to use a sniper in this game, with the assault rifles being as powerful, accurate, and low recoil as they are. and it's a shame because i love sniping in any FPS game. i can't tell you how many times ive seen a guy across map, and have been dead before i could even get the sights up on him. i watch the kill cam and he's using a famas or acr of course...

Shane

Super Moderator
Staff member
Anyone heard any news when we will be getting the new Map pack?
google gives diffrent comments,not sure whats true.

It didnt take Treyarch this long when they released map pack on World at war. :cool:

g4m3rof1337

Anyone heard any news when we will be getting the new Map pack?
google gives diffrent comments,not sure whats true.

It didnt take Treyarch this long when they released map pack on World at war. :cool:

They say Spring. We talked about it on one of our last podcasts. Also, apparently the DLC content is already on the disc. Since someone uploaded a video of a new gamemode to Youtube.

I've seen other videos of the new gamemode as well, so it's not just this video, lol.
[YT]nmzxkthx5WA[/YT]

Shane

Super Moderator
Staff member
They say Spring. We talked about it on one of our last podcasts. Also, apparently the DLC content is already on the disc. Since someone uploaded a video of a new gamemode to Youtube.

I've seen other videos of the new gamemode as well, so it's not just this video, lol.
[YT]nmzxkthx5WA[/YT]

OMG that game mode looks horrible,Takes way way too long to capture that thing.....immagine someone throwing a grenade in there.....we would never capture the damn thing :D...then snipers would constantly be on it.

Activision.....i want moar maps not gamemodes!!!!!! :p

diduknowthat

formerly liuliuboy
So I was playing MW2 with killstreaks 3, 4, 5. I got in caredrops, in a single round, AC130, Chopper Gunner, AC130. Here are the results:

js0kn5.jpg

And yes that's me making the last kill.

Aastii

VIP Member
MW 2 DLC was announced, at $15 for a map pack

yeah well infinity ward can kiss my ass, and I am not ever buying another game by them again. The game is bugged, multiplayer sucks, it was already over priced, and now this?

http://kotaku.com/5493218/modern-warfare-2-map-pack-also-features-ridiculous-price

I am in college and that is blocked. Is that $15 for just consoles, or PC too? If it is PC to, that is ****ed up well and truely. They will probably say "but you pay because we keep IW.net up for you" when nobody wants the shitty "service" anway

tlarkin

VIP Member
I am in college and that is blocked. Is that $15 for just consoles, or PC too? If it is PC to, that is ****ed up well and truely. They will probably say "but you pay because we keep IW.net up for you" when nobody wants the shitty "service" anway

It is going to be on the Microsoft store, so it will cost Microsoft points, and it will be released first on xbox, but I am sure the DLC will also be on PC for $15 as well. It consists of 5 maps, two maps are actually remakes of older existing maps.

I wish I could return this game, it just utterly sucks.

Aastii

VIP Member
It is going to be on the Microsoft store, so it will cost Microsoft points, and it will be released first on xbox, but I am sure the DLC will also be on PC for $15 as well. It consists of 5 maps, two maps are actually remakes of older existing maps.

I wish I could return this game, it just utterly sucks.

hmm agreed. I am so pleased I didn't pay for it and got it for a gift, otherwise I would be on the verge of tears and wasting money so epically.

There have been several posts by higher uppers pretty much stating that dev software will be released. If that happens, there will be no point in paying for DLC, people can just make it, or release it on their own, so I hope IW realise this and take the option of still putting out dev software and making the DLC an update rather than payed for.

If not, once again they have gone down so far in my books because of their lies and douchbaggery. I really do doubt I will buy another COD game made by them, and most probably another game made by them period