Modern Warfare 2 Thread

ganzey

banned
LOL, i found this on MW2 in makarov's safehouse. one of the last levels. i just thought it was funny.

Last edited:

Shane

Super Moderator
Staff member
I got it for the 360 so far it's one of the best games I played I heard that for the PC it failed.

Its not a fail at all,Just everyone is moaning about dedicated servers.

Its a fantastic game.

Aastii

VIP Member
I played online today and, most probably because it was on an xbox, not a PC, my thoughts are meh. It isn't anything special at all, I prefer CoD4 online still. I want to play it on PC though, even though I will only be able to play with close people and not be able to customise hardly anything, I think it would be better on PC than console, after all, fps+console=fail. Consoles have their places, but for fps it really isn't theirs

g4m3rof1337

I played online today and, most probably because it was on an xbox, not a PC, my thoughts are meh. It isn't anything special at all, I prefer CoD4 online still. I want to play it on PC though, even though I will only be able to play with close people and not be able to customise hardly anything, I think it would be better on PC than console, after all, fps+console=fail. Consoles have their places, but for fps it really isn't theirs

Some people would disagree with you.

http://ve3d.ign.com/articles/news/51467/Modern-Warfare-2-U-K-PC-Sales-Lagging-Way-Behind

And what are you complaining about with hardly customizing anything? The guns? The servers?

Aastii

VIP Member
Some people would disagree with you.

http://ve3d.ign.com/articles/news/51467/Modern-Warfare-2-U-K-PC-Sales-Lagging-Way-Behind

And what are you complaining about with hardly customizing anything? The guns? The servers?

Oh yes, because sales is a good way to distinguish which it is better on, because PC gamers simply adore MW2 :p As much as there are some people that went against what they were against, there are still a very large number that haven't got the game, they are the people that cancelled their preorders, which is why initial sales AND sales after initial release aren't as high, not to mention the fact that more people play PS3 and xbox than PC.

I mean the genre itself is not suited to consoles, you can't get the precision or the swing speed like you can on a PC, RTS games, RPG, puzzle, family, fighting games, all great for consoles, but fps games are suited more for the console.

And I mean the server customisibility, obviously not the gunes, IW seem to have spent the last 2 years of developement making the CoD4 maps into 2 player maps with twists for spec ops and making a massive arsenal of guns and upgrades for the guns and perks, and upgrades for the perks, and tags and names, and upgrades for the tags and names :p

Fatback

VIP Member
Oh yes, because sales is a good way to distinguish which it is better on, because PC gamers simply adore MW2 :p As much as there are some people that went against what they were against, there are still a very large number that haven't got the game, they are the people that cancelled their preorders, which is why initial sales AND sales after initial release aren't as high, not to mention the fact that more people play PS3 and xbox than PC.

I mean the genre itself is not suited to consoles, you can't get the precision or the swing speed like you can on a PC, RTS games, RPG, puzzle, family, fighting games, all great for consoles, but fps games are suited more for the console.

And I mean the server customisibility, obviously not the gunes, IW seem to have spent the last 2 years of developement making the CoD4 maps into 2 player maps with twists for spec ops and making a massive arsenal of guns and upgrades for the guns and perks, and upgrades for the perks, and tags and names, and upgrades for the tags and names :p

You have to relieve some people just like a controller better then a mouse, I know I do. Also people don't care about precision or swing speed, they just want to play the game. I know when I got MW2 I wasn't think humm should I get it on PC so I will have better precision and swing speed.

Most people is not going to buy a gaming PC because it's not worth there time and money. To play a game on a PC is much more difficult then it is on a console. With a PC you have to make sure you have the right hardware and software to run the game. No counting if you don't then you can't even play it without spending extra money for what you need. With a console all you have to do is buy it plug it in and play the game.

Simple and cheap is what people want and PC just doesn't have that.

I love both console and PC, and I don't try to compare the two because each one is different to me. I will always like consoles for there simple but effective ways. I will always like PC for there customization and there power of a console.

Aastii

VIP Member
I didn't say PCs were the only choice for gaming and that they are better than consoles in every way, I said for fps games they are because of the precision and the wing speed, it is easier to aim, you can feel it better, you can move faster.

I know about the hardware and how upgrades are needed for certain games which aren't on consoles, but how that wouldn make fps games any worse for a PC or better for console, i don't know, it is beside the point

And also, the first post that I put that fps don't work too good on consoles, just so happened to be a post containing purely my opinion, not fact, I know people prefer certain things over others and everyone has different preferences.

Last edited:

Fatback

VIP Member
I didn't say PCs were the only choice for gaming and that they are better than consoles in every way, I said for fps games they are because of the precision and the wing speed, it is easier to aim, you can feel it better, you can move faster.

I know about the hardware and how upgrades are needed for certain games which aren't on consoles, but how that wouldn make fps games any worse for a PC or better for console, i don't know, it is beside the point

And also, the first post that I put that fps don't work too good on consoles, just so happened to be a post containing purely my opinion, not fact, I know people prefer certain things over others and everyone has different preferences.

Actually only the first part was about fps. The rest was just me ranting:D about why most people rather have a console then PC. I got sidetracked I guess.

IMO it is harder for me to aim using a mouse. I also think there are way to many keys to keep up with on the keyboard. Also a lot of times I get killed because I hit the wrong key. I don't like to move fast, I like my sensitivity low so being able to move faster on a PC dose nothing for me. Like you said some people have different preferences, so I think it is the wrong to say that fps are better on PC, because to me and many others they are worse.

Aastii

VIP Member
there are more buttons on an xbox controller or PS3 controller than on a PC fps.

The only buttons used in CoD on pc are w, a, s, d, q, e, ,r, v, ctrl, shift, space, left click, right click, move mouse and middle mouse button, that makes 15.

On your xbox controller (PS3 is the same) you have left trigger, right trigger, left button, right button, up, down, left, right, a, b, x, y, left anologue stick push, right analogu stick push, left analogue stick move, right analogue stick move, that makes 16.

On a control it is more centralised I suppose, but on a keyboard it is too, you can reach all of the buttons needed without moving your wrist and on the mouse all of the buttons are their straight away, again no movement needed, so you can't really say there are too many buttons for a keyboard, when that would mean htere are too many for a controller aswell :p

Oh, and back on subject a bit, does anyone else find that on xbox in both splitscreen and full screen, the people are shiny:confused: ?

Fatback

VIP Member
I don't have to move my wrist when I use a controller, all the buttons are within finger reach, but when I use a key board I have to move my whole arm for certain fps I have played..

Also the left and right analogue stick would not count as a button which is why it is called an analogue stick. Also that is only for COD you are talking about fps in general. Some of the fps I have played use more keys.

As for the shiny thing mine isn't like that, it could be the game settings or maybe the Monitor/TV.

Aastii

VIP Member
I don't have to move my wrist when I use a controller, all the buttons are within finger reach, but when I use a key board I have to move my whole arm for certain fps I have played..

Also the left and right analogue stick would not count as a button which is why it is called an analogue stick. Also that is only for COD you are talking about fps in general. Some of the fps I have played use more keys.

As for the shiny thing mine isn't like that, it could be the game settings or maybe the Monitor/TV.

that is clearly a terrible fps that you played then to have stuff spread out all over the place: look at the big PC fps games, CoD, BF, UT, all of them have those buttons as necesities, the others that it may have are just for the sake of being there, nobody uses them, the ones with them spread out...well I can't think of any tbh, that goes to show how popular they are :p

and the shiny thing, all of the guns and that looked shiny and the people did, but it was only on CoD and GoW, but stuff is shiny on GoW anyway :p :confused: all other games were fine though, so i dunno

Fatback

VIP Member
Come to think of it, all the ones that is like that were pretty bad.

I don't know what is up, maybe it was just the game settings or something, because mine nor my dads is like that. Man I haven't played GoW in ages, I have the 2nd one but it is awful, but the first one was awesome.