Modern Warfare 2 Thread

epidemik

people don't buy call of duty games for the campaign!

Ehh, I thought COD4 campaign was pretty good (and it got good reviews). Haven't played this one yet. But youre right in the sense that I would not have bought it if there was no multiplayer.

NewbieGeek

Personally, i think call of duty 4's multiplayer is still a whole lot better. But MW2 does provide entertainment. Spec Ops is pretty cool to play with a friend over xbox live and the campaign is breath-taking

Fatback

VIP Member
I just got to LVL 67 and got the 1887 and now they are so weak. I do a lot better with the ranger then I do with the 1887.

Also is it just me or does every single person use commando and marathon and just run around the map stabbing people. It get pretty annoying after awhile especially when there is more the one person on the other team doing it.

Shane

Super Moderator
Staff member
I only like the ranger out of all the shottys,I still cant decide which is the best Assult Rifle for me...atm i have the ACR with Holo sight and it seems to be good.

Talking about the Knifing Fatback.....i think the killing distance for knifes needs to be reduced...i mean you look at some of the kill cams and the enemy are no where near you its just rediculas....i know theres a perk for it but its way too much of an advantage imo....because like you said they just run around Knifing people,Especialy on smaller maps such as Scrapyard.

Im currently rank 61:)

Fatback

VIP Member
I only like the ranger out of all the shottys,I still cant decide which is the best Assult Rifle for me...atm i have the ACR with Holo sight and it seems to be good.

Talking about the Knifing Fatback.....i think the killing distance for knifes needs to be reduced...i mean you look at some of the kill cams and the enemy are no where near you its just rediculas....i know theres a perk for it but its way too much of an advantage imo....because like you said they just run around Knifing people,Especialy on smaller maps such as Scrapyard.

Im currently rank 61:)

Yea the ranger is my favorite also. I have been using the M16 just to get the points for it. Although I would have to say my favorite AR is the Scar or ACR. I have tried using the F2000 but I just can't use it.

Yea I totally agree with out the perk you can already knife somebody from a good ways. With it there is just no chance of you killing the guy before he gets to you. Maybe they will include that in the next patch.

Bacon

have you tried multiplayer yet? people don't buy call of duty games for the campaign!

I would've bought it for just the spec ops. Mulitplayer is just pissing me off more and more these days, for MW2 anyways..

Starting to revert to playing Diablo II and Starcraft again lol.

Fatback

VIP Member
I just played a couple of hours ago and had an awesome time. One of my friends invited me to a free for all game(online with random people) he was playing. So I join and when I get in there he tells everybody in the room that I am the best and that they aren't going to win another game. I am like WTF now I'm going to look like an idiot when I lose. Well I didn't loose I whooped so much tale the first game. They where talking all kinds of "Suger, Honey, Ice, Tea" after that so they all decided to team up and just kill me and not each other. To make it simple I ended the next game with a nuke and a K : D ratio of 30-0. Then after that me and my buddy went to team death match where I easily got 30 kills a game and 2 more nukes. I haven't played COD like that sense I was addicted to COD4 when it first came out.

Sorry I had to brag to you guys about how awesome I am lol

Last edited:

Fatback

VIP Member
fat u never play with me, also did they ever get the patch to 360 to nerf the models

I know man, but I don't really play that much. I play like once a week and I only play for maybe an hour before I get bored. I used to play COD a day straight and still wanna play more, but I can't do it any more.

Yea I got that patch. I hate it, I just finally got the 1887's and they release the patch. Now they are worse then all the other shotguns IMO.

Fatback

VIP Member
o i havent been on cuz im still out of state but a buddy of mine said they were still stupid powerful

Nah there just like all the others now. The only thing that makes them better is that you don't have to relode them as often. They reach a little farther then the others but there just another shotgun now.

Hdk20

Got it for 360, tried it on PC I cannot learn to like this game.. Single player is amazing. Multiplayer is trash IMO, Each time I play online it's full of people using mods or some sort of cheat it gets frustrating.. Another thing is the connection.. The servers are garbage.. Each game I play is always gets a connection interrupted. The best game for I play is Call of duty 4, I have never yet found a game that beats it. Remember guys this is IMO

Aastii

VIP Member
Hdk20, if you are in a CoD4 clan, just get them to play with you over private matches. Much more fun because you can have a laugh with them over vent/ts while playing, and you know that they aren't using cheats or whatever :D

Droogie

just got a nuke. but guess what, as soon as i got out of my chopper gunner, the game ended! i didn't get to call in it!

not really worried though, because getting a nuke isn't really THAT hard.

Shane

Super Moderator
Staff member
When i manage to get 24 kills.... then the damn game ends always ends for me too :D

Il get that NUKE! and blow them all away.:D

Droogie

yea dude, but i GOT 25 kills! i had the tactical nuke in my inventory, but couldn't use it!

BAH!

i found that when i play with the nuke equipped i get much higher scores, but that's because i camp like a bitch. hehe

Shane

Super Moderator
Staff member
I like placing Claymore all over the place,with Scavenger Pro perk is...place one,kill the enemy...place another....plant another lol.

Shame the claymores dissapear when you die though,i mean not very realistic is it? :D

Droogie

I like placing Claymore all over the place,with Scavenger Pro perk is...place one,kill the enemy...place another....plant another lol.

Shame the claymores dissapear when you die though,i mean not very realistic is it? :D

yup, i have to use claymore/scavenger when going for a nuke. i actually use them most the time anyway. you kill somebody, take their blue bag, plant another claymore, they come back for a revenge kill and trip over your claymore again. i call it the rinse and repeat method :D