most stupid thing youve done

wicked

i got a new board about a month ago i was setting up the bios and tried to get the os disk to read and spent about 9hrs. trying to get it to work when i realized i had the dvd reader turned off in bios list your dumb moments of any kind all are welcome:eek:

Last edited by a moderator:

Euklid

Went to university... luckily, I got out after one year. Now I'm only $3,200 in debt.

Actually wasn't that bad of a deal. I got a laptop and trip to Dominican Republic out of it.
My parents were giving me $400 a month which I spent on everything from booze to hockey
tickets. I received $2,600 in grants that I don't have to pay back.

So I only have to pay back $3,200 for a package valued at $8,200. Sweet deal.

Last edited:

millz777

Went to university... luckily, I got out after one year. Now I'm only $3,200 in debt.

Actually wasn't that bad of a deal. I got a laptop and trip to Dominican Republic out of it.
My parents were giving me $400 a month which I spent on everything from booze to hockey
tickets. I received $2,600 in grants that I don't have to pay back.

So I only have to pay back $3,200 for a package valued at $8,200. Sweet deal.

wow what course?

Gareth

Thinking the PC locked up when flashing the BIOS, and force-rebooting it. =( That was when I was a noob though.

Impulse666

Thinking the PC locked up when flashing the BIOS, and force-rebooting it. =( That was when I was a noob though.
That hurts.

Personally, I had a computer set up on the lab for working on it temporarily, and removed the fan (not the heatsink) in order to get to the ram slots. I booted up the PC, walked away for a little bit, came back and the keyboard/mouse wouldn't respond. The fan was unplugged. Almost fried that lil' AMD 1800+ lol :p
It's in my basement serving some media files right now. :D

A friend of mine was resizing some partitions in GParted (I believe) and his computer froze (or so he told me). He turned it off and couldn't boot. Needless to say he lost a few term papers. :p

i actually steped on a yard tool and it came up and hit me in the face a few days ago. not kiddin and no i wont tell you the exact tool. its embarassing :)

laznz1

mmm wow stupidest thing Ive ever done wow long list lets just say crashing a 89 Corrola into a letter box

ztrain727

When I was 13, I was pulling into my mom's garage with her big SUV and got really nervous because I was taking it a little fast, so I frantically stomped down on what I thought was the brake, but was in reality the gas, and sent her truck flying into the garage wall. I smashed a wheelbarrow, broke down the wall and did about $4000 damage to the car. Classic.

wicked

When I was 13, I was pulling into my mom's garage with her big SUV and got really nervous because I was taking it a little fast, so I frantically stomped down on what I thought was the brake, but was in reality the gas, and sent her truck flying into the garage wall. I smashed a wheelbarrow, broke down the wall and did about $4000 damage to the car. Classic.
im very sorry but thats funny cuz my brother did just the same thing and hes 36 this moring

Mitch?

banned
this one time i posted a thread i hadn't searched for in the wrong subforum of an easily accessible forum

mickeycooley.ie

working on an old packard bell p4. it had one of those "exhaust tubes" from the cpu fan to the case side. decided i didn't want to use it anymore and removed it. a couple days later i hear a CRASH and pc freezes. apparently the bracket that holds the tube in place also holds the heat sink to the processor :) the paste finally gave out.. it was a laugh. no permanent damage to the pc. *whew*

Motoxrdude

I attempted "the waterfall" with my jeep.
l_b16cbc978184442bb879cf8437282786.jpg

On the way down I almost rolled. Dropped into the bottom and the back of the jeep tried to get in front. My jeep was balancing on the sidewall of my front right tire. It was pretty freakin scary to say the least.