MSI 8800GT $208 @ Dell

Geoff

VIP Member
Best Buy business 8800GT for $246: http://www.bestbuybusiness.com/bbfb/en/US/adirect/bestbuy?cmd=catProductDetail&showAddButton=true&productID=BB10823345&websrc=CNBB10823345

I don't know if you need a valid business to purchase from them, but it's a good online price for the 8800GT.
Another great not so well known resource!

It was actually posted a page or so back :)

I don't understand something. Why is this card so cheap? I looked on ebay and newegg and all the 8800gt cards are $300 plus.

I am thinking about ordering one for the new computer I plan to build this winter. When will the prices drop on these cards? Some people say the 11th, is that December or January?

I was going to get the 8800gts but everybody says that this card is a whole lot better.
Newegg and other computer parts retailers often mark up products that have a high demand and low in stock, because they know people will pay pretty much anything for them.

ThatGuy16

VIP Member
As long as dell doesn't screw me over, its a good deal.. i got a 12/12 est. ship date. But so does all the other 50 people that ordered it the same day as i did :p

I don't Dell has real-time stock on their site do they?

Jet

VIP Member
[-0MEGA-];826896 said:
It was actually posted a page or so back :)

Ech, that's what I get for not reading the thread. I thought it was sold out, and so I looked and it was up again :p

ThatGuy16

VIP Member
Im thinking about caneling my order and getting a 3870 :p

IF i was to do that, when i upgrade in january i can CF the 3870's on a X38 board

:thinks: ...

Jet

VIP Member
It isn't worth it. The 3870s don't perform or scale as well. And, they are basically the same price right now.

ThatGuy16

VIP Member
True, the 3870 also produces a better image quality. I was wanting a X38 board, and if BestBuy gets the 3870 in stock, it would be $214

Ramodkk

VIP Member
GOD! :mad: Man! I was about to order today too! I just got some burrowed $$$

Oh well I'll order the XFX still a good deal!

Last edited:

Ramodkk

VIP Member
It's allright :) Im still getting the XFX for ~$230, not going to waste any more seconds! LOL

Who knows next refresh and it might be at $300 again... (hopefully not!)

ThatGuy16

VIP Member
Glad i got mine in order :D i just hope Dell doesn't screw me over on shipping lol

After taxes and next day shipping on the MSI i got it for $239. The XFX is still a good deal

Ramodkk

VIP Member
So you bought one too?

Yep! lets hope that, except that I checked my shipping info and it said mine will not come until December 13th :(... I hope they are joking! ;)

Anyways, that is just an estimated time, I hope the actual time is a little or should I say a lot sooner!

Now I can officially edit my sig!

ThatGuy16

VIP Member
I got the MSI, got a est. 12/12... but i hope its sooner not later, because there were a ton of people ordering both XFX and MSI off of dell because of the price

but we will see :) im not patient :p