MSI 8800GT $208 @ Dell

Ramodkk

VIP Member
Me neither! Im not a very patient person! Could've chosen the $16 next day shipping, but the 3-5 day shipping (supposedly) was already free so I didn't bother. Also I barely got enough for the card! LOL

ThatGuy16

VIP Member
haha know :D

Because what i hear, their 1-2weeks means nothing... could be shipped tomarrow or next month :p.. im going to call them tomarrow and see if they can give me any info.

i can hear it now "well there are about 861 orders in front of you" :p

gamer30

I think the XFX version got taken of their site, cant find it anywhere on it?

Luckly I ordered mine before it did.

Edit:Nvm I found it again

Last edited:

Geoff

VIP Member
I think the XFX version got taken of their site, cant find it anywhere on it?

Luckly I ordered mine before it did.

Edit:Nvm I found it again
Why would you want the XFX when you can buy the MSI for $208 and is factory overclocked?

MatrixEVO

the msi is around 250 now :(

Still not bad compared to other retailers. Actually, the 8800GT, when released was said to be $200-250, so being $250 at Dell is still good. The only thing that sucks is availability. I have everything in my system except for that, so I'm using my 7800GT currently, and it really limits me to DX9 native games for decent FPS. I want to play Crysis, dammit.

Jabes

banned
Still not bad compared to other retailers. Actually, the 8800GT, when released was said to be $200-250, so being $250 at Dell is still good. The only thing that sucks is availability. I have everything in my system except for that, so I'm using my 7800GT currently, and it really limits me to DX9 native games for decent FPS. I want to play Crysis, dammit.

you can't play crysis my 7800 gt oc can but then again it is a oc

Geoff

VIP Member
I think it's worth it for $208, but not for $250-$260 because by the time it ships (mid-December), the G92 8800GTS will be out, the 8800GT will be in stock (most likely), so you should be able to find it on Newegg for cheaper.

Ramodkk

VIP Member
So you think my card will arrive in mid-december? I ordered yesterday. I picked the 3-5 day shipping and taking in account that they don't have to assemble a video card, shouldn't it be sooner?? :confused::rolleyes:

ThatGuy16

VIP Member
It might be sooner, but my theory is.. even if it does take it to ship untill the 11-13th if will still cost ~100 cheaper than the GTS. But who knows, i talked to ones of their reps. and she told me to check my status on the 4th, you can do the same. Maybe they are getting a shipment in then. But if it still hasn't shipped by the 11th i might cancel it if a deal comes up on newegg. They don't charge your card untill it ships anyway.

MatrixEVO

i talked to ones of their reps. and she told me to check my status on the 4th, you can do the same. Maybe they are getting a shipment in then

I talked to somebody at Dell today, and they wouldn't tell me anything. He said he didn't have access to that info. I really hope it arrives well before Christmas.

paratwa

I called Dell last night. He said it was out of stock, and there was a 10 day lead time before they got any in, and that it would be first come first served on when they go out, based on the order date.

So they are telling me that I will not get mine any earlier than 12/17. I am thinking about canceling my order and getting a 3870 as well. But no one has any in stock. And the prices have been going up like crazy. Damn Newegg is gouging the price.

ThatGuy16

VIP Member
I called Dell last night. He said it was out of stock, and there was a 10 day lead time before they got any in, and that it would be first come first served on when they go out, based on the order date.

So they are telling me that I will not get mine any earlier than 12/17. I am thinking about canceling my order and getting a 3870 as well. But no one has any in stock. And the prices have been going up like crazy. Damn Newegg is gouging the price.

Same boat as you :(

I was about to grab the 3870 off Best Buy last night, it sold out in ten minutes lol

Last edited:

MatrixEVO

I canceled as well. I just ordered the EVGA 8800GT Superclocked from Newegg. I'm not going to wait until late December to start playing some great games. Also, the EVGA card has the step-up program. So I get full price for it if I upgrade within 90 days.

ThatGuy16

VIP Member
Well, im trying to get it canceled.. they want me to call back because its been sent to the "fullfilment system".. i don't know, im going to call and see