MSI 8800GT $208 @ Dell

ThatGuy16

VIP Member
I just used the Dell Chat online, and it was quick and simple.

I called them, i guess ill keep it. He said that my order is on its way to getting shipped :rolleyes:, and that they do have those cards in stock.. so we will see how it goes. $240 after tax and shipping is the only thing keeping me from canceling it right now :p

Ramodkk

VIP Member
Haha I was about to cancel mine too just because you all did :D

JK!

Im keeping mine, hopefully it will not take too long :rolleyes: I just hope that their estimates are awfully off and the the 12/13 date is wrong :p.

Except I paid about $251 or something with shipping (free) and tax, why was mine more expensive??

ThatGuy16

VIP Member
He said their estimates are usually way overestimated.. so this guy better be right :p

you got the XFX, i got the MSI + next day. The MSI WAS $208

paratwa

Copied from the techreport website

The Radeon HD 3870's scarceness isn't due to low supplies of the RV670 graphics processor, TR has learned. Instead, an industry source tells us the cards are hard to come by because of a supply problem with Radeon HD 3870 boards stemming from a bad resistor. If all goes as expected, the issue should be resolved early next week, at which point Radeon HD 3870 cards should become available in volume once again.

Furthermore, in order to ensure better supplies of Radeon HD 3870 cards, AMD has shifted its production ratio of Radeon HD 3870s to Radeon HD 3850s so that the two are more even, we have learned. Formerly, the firm had allocated a much larger proportion of GPUs to Radeon HD 3850 cards.

http://techreport.com/discussions.x/13685

Ramodkk

VIP Member
Yeah he better be! Or else I'll pull out some ninja stuff with my "Alpha Dog" once it arrives and he'll regret it!

Oh yeah, does the tax fee differ on each state? lol 'cause I paid like $253 (with free shipping + tax) for the XFX

paratwa

I just canceled my dell order and found one on Newegg for $269 in stock.

The search page showed this as being out of stock, but when you click on it, it says it is in stock. So I contacted Newegg and they said yes it is in stock.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814133205

So, I should have this by Tuesday at the latest. Much better than waiting 2 or 3 weeks, since I need this to put in my stepsons Christmas gift I am building for him.

Besides, I need a few days before I ship him this system to play with it.

ThatGuy16

VIP Member
I just canceled my dell order and found one on Newegg for $269 in stock.

The search page showed this as being out of stock, but when you click on it, it says it is in stock. So I contacted Newegg and they said yes it is in stock.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814133205

So, I should have this by Tuesday at the latest. Much better than waiting 2 or 3 weeks, since I need this to put in my stepsons Christmas gift I am building for him.

Besides, I need a few days before I ship him this system to play with it.

Thats waht i was about to do, but i still have my fingers crossed, and hope they are true to their word :(

I would rather have the OC MSI over the non oc'ed PNY though, but if this doesn't get shipped by the 4thish i will cancel probably.

Geoff

VIP Member
Thats waht i was about to do, but i still have my fingers crossed, and hope they are true to their word :(

I would rather have the OC MSI over the non oc'ed PNY though, but if this doesn't get shipped by the 4thish i will cancel probably.
It's suppose to be back in stock on the 12th, so it's a while away.

ThatGuy16

VIP Member
I have an estimated ship date of the 12th too. Its just a computer generated number, he said they have them in stock and according to him my order is on its way to getting filled.. but who knows how long that will be :p

Ramodkk

VIP Member
Haha, my estimate delivery is until the 12/20!! I hope its sooner though like the rep told you. At least is before the 24th... :rolleyes:

Geoff

VIP Member
I did a chat with a representative and got my order changed to next day delivery for free, you should try that.
Thats not going to speed it up, it just means that it will be shipped out next day when it arrives in stock, which may not be until mid-December.

paratwa

Same deal here. Which one did you get? I wanted the EVGA with Crysis, but they only had the other EVGA in stock without Crysis.

I got the
PNY VCG88512GXPB G92 GeForce 8800GT 512MB 256-bit GDDR3.

Wish I had waited another day now before ordering, that sapphire seems like a much better card for less than I paid for the PNY.