My Computer is For Sale!

Ramodkk

VIP Member
I think the price is a bit high, ~$650 seems right. :rolleyes: But for people who look at Dell first, that pricetag is ok I guess.

Is that the real reason why you're selling it?

Last edited:

Interested

well, idk, i kind of got bored with it. Plus i got a new laptop that i love and maxes out all of the games i play. I would like to start a business, and with my first sale, if you remember (around december, there was a thread about my old p4 computer that i sold), i found out that if you sweet talk the product, you can get alot. I got $400 for a 2.8 p4, 6200 256mb, 120gb hdd, 2gb ram, etc... My parents said that if i can make even a small profit they will supply me with more parts so i can sell more and more and more. 650 is way too low, i paid more than $100 more on 12/31/07 for it. So yea, i think people will go for it. we'll see. ;) :D

Last edited:

diduknowthat

formerly liuliuboy
Haha top-of-the-line 8600gt, nice!

You should take some pictures of the inside of the computer, but make sure you organize the cables first.

Interested

its impossible to organize the inside. Certain cables must go across the case...lol. And the 8600GT is really good actually, it plays every recent game on at least good settings, especially when OC'd to as for as 700.

G25r8cer

its impossible to organize the inside. Certain cables must go across the case...lol. And the 8600GT is really good actually, it plays every recent game on at least good settings, especially when OC'd to as for as 700.

I agree!! I love my 8600gt!! I have gotten mine up to over 700mhz too!!

fortyways

banned
Okay, I don't understand why you made a thread about it. So you're trying to rip people off by lying and exaggerating, fine. But no computer literate person, or even reasonably intelligent person would ever pay you half what you're asking, so why post it in a computer forum?

edit:

In fact, reading your ad makes me sick. "No cheapo parts?" Excuse me? You're using a power supply that came with your piece of crap case. I saw your case at Fry's. It has an 80mm rear fan, that's ridiculous. Not to mention your MSI video card.

You should be deeply ashamed of yourself.

Last edited:

lion149

I think its fine what your doing, but that listing is just all wrong in so many ways, its just not going to garner half the attention it could, if you really are serious about trying to get a business going you need to start reading more "how to sell" literature etc.

Mitch?

banned
btw.. the msi card is ok... just saying haha...
i got my 8500gt to 800/1000, and it runs most games decently

fortyways

banned
btw.. the msi card is ok... just saying haha...
i got my 8500gt to 800/1000, and it runs most games decently

Sure, the performance is fine. I've used MSI cards as well.

The point is, it's a budget brand, which doesn't exactly go well with him trying to advertise about how he didn't cut any corners.

However, his case/PSU are by far the most atrocious things he's trying to pass off as "nice."

PunterCam

When I'm going to buy anything off ebay I look for a serious, straight talking seller. As soon as I see exclamation marks I'm gone, especially for something costing serious money like a computer.

Anyone buying stuff like this off ebay is going to know what they're looking for - it's not an 'ultimate gaming computer', it's a good, solid computer with a decent spec.

Advertise honestly, price fairly. And don't bother trying to make money out of this, waste of time.

Interested

ok. well i guess you guys are right about me exaggerating about the parts. Look at other listings though, i didn't really say anything that terrible. And the price? i'm barely making a profit if it goes for 800. What, like 20-30 bucks? Really, i'm not ripping anyone off. So, if you want, you can believe what ever you want...but i'm really not ripping anyone off.