My Computer is For Sale!

ThatGuy16

VIP Member
mobo is a piece of cheese too.

You build/work on computers for a living, and you think that motherboard isn't good? For the price, that board is excellent.

And his asking price is completely up to him. He can always re-list it, its good to start at a higher price and see what you get, you can always lower the price but not raise it.

mep916

Administrator
Staff member
and if the p35-ds3l is cheese, then why did you guys tell me to get it?

haha.

It's a good board. SirKenin prefers Asus and I respect that. However, Gigabyte has a solid reputation with regard to their P35 and X38 boards.

*Waits for the SirKenin "Gigabyte is garbage" thread* :p

SirKenin

banned
lol. They're not "garbage".. There's just better. It's a mediocre board AFAIC. If he said "I'm selling my used computer for $500" I'd sing a different tune. There's nothing in that thing worth that kind of money. For $90 that board is ok. For his asking price, it's cheese.

mep916

Administrator
Staff member
lol. They're not "garbage".. There's just better. It's a mediocre board AFAIC. If he said "I'm selling my used computer for $500" I'd sing a different tune. There's nothing in that thing worth that kind of money. For $90 that board is ok. For his asking price, it's cheese.

I hear ya. He's just trying sell his PC. It's never a good idea to post a eBay computer here, but, whatever.

Ramodkk

VIP Member
I think we all missed the purpose of this thread. He was just letting us know that his comp was on sale. I don't think he was expecting such a debate.

It's all good though.

:p

BTW Mike, I just noticed your 2 x Raptors :eek: ... me jealous. :cool:

- and -

GIGABYTE All the way!

Last edited:

Interested

of course there is better. heh, a skulltrail OWNS your mobo. OWNS. There will always be better. My neighbor has a bmw. Yet, ferrari's exist! Who cares? If it works, it reliable, and its made with great quality, it's great.

fortyways

banned
of course there is better. heh, a skulltrail OWNS your mobo. OWNS. There will always be better. My neighbor has a bmw. Yet, ferrari's exist! Who cares? If it works, it reliable, and its made with great quality, it's great.

It's almost as if you're dodging the point on purpose. Your used computer is not worth more than $500, no matter how you try to sugar-coat it. By putting up that ad, you have wasted your parents' money, eBay's bandwidth, and eBay users' time.

Even if we ignore your poor component choices, your exaggerations, your lies, and your omissions of important details, an ad like yours will be ignored by the vast, vast majority of eBayers.

You've posted a stock picture of your case, as if this is somehow an accurate representation of the equipment you're selling. You offer no warranty. You don't even offer a return policy.

I'm sorry, but your plan to make a profit by building and selling computers is idealistic and poorly conceived. Nobody is going to respect you as a professional if you won't stand behind your work, let alone offer some evidence your work even exists.

Are you prepared to replace, free of charge, expensive components that arrive at your customer's door damaged or DOA?

If not, then this is one area where Dell has you beat.

Interested

It's almost as if you're dodging the point on purpose. Your used computer is not worth more than $500, no matter how you try to sugar-coat it. By putting up that ad, you have wasted your parents' money, eBay's bandwidth, and eBay users' time.

Even if we ignore your poor component choices, your exaggerations, your lies, and your omissions of important details, an ad like yours will be ignored by the vast, vast majority of eBayers.

You've posted a stock picture of your case, as if this is somehow an accurate representation of the equipment you're selling. You offer no warranty. You don't even offer a return policy.

I'm sorry, but your plan to make a profit by building and selling computers is idealistic and poorly conceived. Nobody is going to respect you as a professional if you won't stand behind your work, let alone offer some evidence your work even exists.

Are you prepared to replace, free of charge, expensive components that arrive at your customer's door damaged or DOA?

If not, then this is one area where Dell has you beat.

All of the parts have a warranty. They are 3-4 months old!

If people wanted a gaming desktop, or were into gaming, they have probably done some research. One 8600 is not good for desktop gaming at all. I would expect an 8800 for this price.

Geoff

VIP Member
I know this isn't what you want to see, but...

PCParts_Cost.jpg

Ramodkk

VIP Member
Hehe nice Geoff. I knew the price was around the $650 mark.

BTW, I see you have your little big E2200 overclocked now, how's it doing? I'm sad I couldn't get mine past 3.0GHz... :rolleyes:

Geoff

VIP Member
Hehe nice Geoff. I knew the price was around the $650 mark.

BTW, I see you have your little big E2200 overclocked now, how's it doing? I'm sad I couldn't get mine past 3.0GHz... :rolleyes:
I don't want to bash him even more, as it's great for a kid to try and make some money doing what he likes, I just don't think that posting it on this forum would gain all that much positive response.

And yes it does overclock nicely, I haven't tried to really push it, but 3.3GHz @ 1.456v seems to be the best, idle is around 30C, gaming is around 45C, and full stress test load is around 60C. I may try to see how far I can push it for fun, but I'm happy at 3.3 :)