My Computer is For Sale!

Interested

IMO it does seem pretty high priced but you might get lucky on ebay.

The biggest gripe I have with it, and when I see an auction that does it I instantly just hit the back button and disregard the seller:

The listings have it as "NEW!", and then on the page it says New, only to start reading the listing and have it say "like new". Just a pet peeve, but I am not the only person like this. It just wreaks of deception in most cases, and I just won't buy something from a seller that does it. Just something to keep in mind. ;)

yea, but it pretty much is new. I never abused it like crazy. and its definitely not about to fall apart, but i get what your saying.

Interested

the whole listing is just a bit deceptive. there are so many "exaggerations" that it makes it seem like your talking to an amateur car salesman. maybe this is a bit harsh, but it does seem that way.

next time i would try and be as honest as possible. it is good to admit faults, and doing so creates credibility. people will trust you more if you do this.

k. im sry that im not a pro at listing stuff on ebay. I tried my best but people are getting pissed at me, lol. w/e.

JlCollins005

Well really like they are sayin man u cant expect to sell a used computer for what u payed there is gunna be a significant loss.. u could try craigslist just avoid the scams

Interested

After reading all ^ that:

I'll take that back.

And I'm back to my first post in this thread. You shouldn't be expecting a profit from something used anyways. You are trying to sell it for the same price you got it, not gonna work. If I were you I'd lower the price to at most $650.

Please, take this the positive way. It's just my opinion :)

well think about it. if you are trying to start a business, how can you do it if you lose money on everything you sell? That would be dumb. So i need to gain some so that i can start, and once i will be able to build more, i can build more and reduce the price even more. If i dont, thats like going backwards when you should be going forwards, at least in little steps. You get what im saying? I know its used, but its only 3 months old. yes, 3, i had to send a few parts back to newegg, and it took me 3 weeks until i got it running again. So yea, its not old. It is essentially new, i dont think i should be losing money on something this new. maybe if it was a year old, then yea, i would agree.

oregon

well think about it. if you are trying to start a business, how can you do it if you lose money on everything you sell? That would be dumb. So i need to gain some so that i can start, and once i will be able to build more, i can build more and reduce the price even more. If i dont, thats like going backwards when you should be going forwards, at least in little steps. You get what im saying? I know its used, but its only 3 months old. yes, 3, i had to send a few parts back to newegg, and it took me 3 weeks until i got it running again. So yea, its not old. It is essentially new, i dont think i should be losing money on something this new. maybe if it was a year old, then yea, i would agree.

In the three months, prices have dropped alot. I bought my graphics card three months ago for $250, which was a good deal back then. Now the same thing sells for $150 sometimes less. you will have to be much quicker.

also if you want to make money you will need to get really good deals on everything you buy. check deal websites and find stuff that is below market value, but that is also appealing to the customer, and the best value component. if you are careful and smart you could possible make money, but i'd say it's not likely. dell gets everything sooo cheap that it is hard to compete.

Last edited:

Interested

/\/\/\/\ for once you say something helpful. I agree with you, and you are right, but i dont think its too late. I mean dell doesn't fully offer the 45nm quads yet, so i kind of have an advantage. but i know i must sell it soon. I get what your saying. Do you know any good places where i can get good parts for cheaper?

oregon

check slickdeals.net often and you may chance upon parts that could make you money.

and yeah, this guy posts the specs, and makes it seem sort of nice. i could see my mom buying that since it looks (slightly) professional and is a "package". this would appeal to her.

to sell your current pc I would put it on craigslist now, and just take offers. and maybe in a week I would put it on eBay with a low reserve (lower than you know someone for sure would pay). if people think it's a good deal they will pay much more attention to it.

Last edited:

Ramodkk

VIP Member

SirKenin

banned
I priced out your system. Full retail... $650. Not to mention the 8600GT is a piece of crap, as is that RAM and the mobo is a piece of cheese too.

oregon

Lol @ piece of cheese. never heard that before.

I thought DS3L was decent, maybe not great. It overclocks well at least. I agree on the 8600GT though, not a good buy, and I've never even heard of Wintec.

Interested

I priced out your system. Full retail... $650. Not to mention the 8600GT is a piece of crap, as is that RAM and the mobo is a piece of cheese too.

it was much more 4 months ago.

and if the p35-ds3l is cheese, then why did you guys tell me to get it?

Interested

the ram/mobo are better than what oems use. way better.

btw, i think g.skill sucks ballz. g.skill usually arrives DOA.

Last edited:

JlCollins005

i use gskill in most my builds never had one problem... no doas and idk dude but if u look at reviews on newegg most are 5 star

SirKenin

banned
That G.skill is being pulled today. I only bought it to try it out. I just powered the machine down about 10 minutes ago...4 GB of OCZ Gold GX XTC PC2-6400 is sitting over there, waiting to be installed. That will just be temporary, as a 4GB dual channel OCZ Reaper kit is on the way. Unfortunately it was b/o.