My first gaming rig

Jiniix

You have significantly downgraded the GPU in your gaming rig. That's stupid.
You've selected RAM that's exactly the same performance, but €20 more.
Go with either MSI, ASUS or Gigabyte motherboards if you can. The 990XA-UD3 is definitely worth €8 more.
Again on the GPU. There's a huuuuuge difference in performance and you'll regret buying the 7750. The GPU will be the bottleneck of your PC for sure.

spirit

Staff member
You need a more powerful GPU. R9 270X, GTX 760 or 7870, or maybe the 7850 if you need to save money.

GT5fan123

Yeah, i need to save some money, the R9 270X raises the total price to ~900€ so it's going well overbudget. Checkin' on GTX760 and those two Radeons

GT5fan123

The site didn't had any GTX 760's or 7870's but had two 7850's, so I change that bad GPu to this: XFX AMD Radeon HD 7850 Core Edition, 2GB GDDR5, 2xDVI/HDMI/2xMiniDP

GT5fan123

Well, after changing parts and calculating the total price, I've came up with this set up:

MoBo: Gigabyte GA-990XA-UD3, AMD AM3+, 990X/SB950,, DDR3, ATX (109,-€)
CPU: AMD FX-6300, AM3+, 3,5GHZ, 6-Core (112,80€)
CPU cooler: CM Hyper 212 EVO (34,90€)
GPU: XFX AMD Radeon HD7850 Core Edition, 2GB GDDR5, 2xDVI/HDMI/2xMiniDP (129,-€)
RAM: Kingston 8GB (2x4GB) HyperX Beast, DDR3 1600MHz, CL9, 1.65V, XMP (98,-€)
SSD: Kingston 120GB SSDNow, V300,, 2.5", SATA III - Stand Alone (84,-€)
HDD: Western Digital 1TB Caviar Blue SATA III, 64MB (65,-€)
PSU: Corsair 600W GS Series GS600 - 2013 Edition, 80 PLUS Bronze (89,-€)
Case: Corsair Carbide Series 300R Gaming Midtower (99,90€)
Optical Drive: Asus DRW-24F1st DVD+RW (23,-)

The total price will be 844,60€, but this set up will be good for that gaming rig, right?

spirit

Staff member
Yeah it looks better, but can you get a 7870 from elsewhere?

If not, don't worry, it still looks very good, but the 7870 will perform better than the 7850 obviously.

Is the Corsair CX600M cheaper than the GS600? If so, get the CX600M instead and put the money towards a better graphics card.

GT5fan123

Well, the CX600M was 9 euros cheaper than GS600, so it will be that.

I've found 7870's on other side but the price is 170-220 Euros, so i'm definitely not going to take that, 'cause it'll raise the overall price to 1020€ and that's too much for my budget (850€).

But I think the 7850 can handle for example these games, Euro Truck 2, GTA IV and few CoD's?

GT5fan123

i was only thinking that has the 7850 a cooler already? Thinking of oc it so do i need to put a better cooler on it?

spirit

Staff member
Might be OK but there are probably some 7850s out there with better coolers. Look at the MSI, Sapphire and Gigabyte cards perhaps.

I don't know a lot about overclocking GPUs though. I know a member here has a Sapphire 7850 and he got it overclocked OK. :)

Darren

Staff member
XFX has good coolers and the 7850 overclocks really well (I have one). You probably won't need to though.

GT5fan123

its good to hear that someone has overclocked this specific gpu.

Can't wait to get this rig running next year, but for sure it'll run rings beside on my laptop

Darren

Staff member
When next year are you planning on doing this? Prices and products will change enormously before this year is out.

GT5fan123

Well, thinking between Feb-Apr, I know that the prices are changing enormously but i just figured out the configuration, that everything will be fine with it.

spirit

Staff member
Probably best you review this in April if you're not looking to buy until then. By that time, the 7850 may not be on sale.

GT5fan123

that might be a problem then, but i think that i can order parts asap, maybe before april, coz my laptop's showing some signs, that it's tired.

Darren

Staff member
You underestimate how quickly stuff could change. A good build this month won't necessarily be viable even the next month. And if you're looking at another 4 months down the line something will definitely change. When the time comes you'll for sure want to reconsider your GPU and CPU as well as probably the RAM. The GPU especially will change in price and availability. This is a good starting point but come back to us in a few months when you have cash in hand (so to speak) and are ready to order.

GT5fan123

right but i have to ask you one question.

Was the idea that you ground yourself before installing anything inside the case?

spirit

Staff member
right but i have to ask you one question.

Was the idea that you ground yourself before installing anything inside the case?

Parts can be damaged by the electrostatic charge which is in your body, so in order to reduce the risk of parts getting damaged, you ground yourself in the following way:

Plug the PC into power, make sure the power is turned OFF at the wall, touch a part of the case that is bare shiny metal (a screw usually works) and then you are done. Try not to move around too much as you will build up charge again. To ground yourself again, just touch the same screw or bare metal part of the chassis you touched before. The earth is always active regardless of power switch on wall or PC.

That's how I described it in my 'diagnosing a non-POSTing PC tech guide'.

Probably best not to build the PC on carpet.

GT5fan123

yeah, i red your thread abou that, good work. I just asked that coz i watched a video about building a pc and the guy grounded himself by putting a wiredstrip to his wrist and attached it to a psu mounting screw.