My new water cooling setup (w/Photos!)

taylormsj

why did you go with 3/8" tubing?
1/2" provides better performance with your pump.

Its not going to be a noticeable difference, and if i get round to building another water loop later on in life, i would probably go with 3/8" tubing, because it will be easier to work with in a smaller case, with no significant loss.

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=147767

6.35mm quick fit = 34.21C
8mm barbed = 34.08C
8mm quick fit = 33.91C
9.6mm barbed = 33.89C
9.6mm quick fit = 33.80C
11.1mm barbed = 33.79C
12.7mm barbed = 33.77C

Temperature wise, its not going to make a noticable difference

And flow wise, its also wont make a noticeable difference ( unless you use the extremely small tubing)

6.35mm quick fit = 4.45LPM flow, 0.0795 block c/w, 0.0374 rad c/w
8mm barbed = 4.75LPM, 0.0783 block c/w, 0.0373 rad c/w
8mm quick fit = 5.6LPM, 0.0770 block c/w, 0.0369 rad c/w
9.6mm barbed = 5.7LPM, 0.0768 block c/w, 0.0369 rad c/w
9.6mm quick fit = 6.2LPM, 0.0762 block c/w, 0.0367 rad c/w
11.1mm barbed = 6.3LPM, 0.0761 block c/w, 0.0367 rad c/w
12.7mm barbed = 6.35LPM, 0.0760 block c/w, 0.0366 rad c/w

Geoff

VIP Member
be sure to upload pics once you are finished construction
Will do, as I said I'm going to have to wait until the rest of the parts arrive, but I will post some detailed pictures of the install as well to help some of you guys out.

The_Beast

[-0MEGA-];874608 said:
They are both good blocks, I just went with the GTX because I heard it got such good reviews compared to the majority of other blocks, performance wise.

Yeah they are both good blocks but the Fusion is a little bit better performance wise

Geoff

VIP Member
I got the rest of my parts in the mail today (really surprised since I ordered it on Friday afternoon).

I have everything configured and installed, and is in the process of leak testing it. It's been running strong for an hour so far and it doesn't appear to have any leaks yet. I'm also surprised at how quiet the pump is, and I can't wait to get it installed. Everything should be installed in my PC within the next few days.

Geoff

VIP Member
Pictures :d
Here you go :)

IMG_3039.jpg

IMG_3041.jpg

IMG_3042.jpg

IMG_3044.jpg

IMG_3047.jpg

IMG_3048.jpg

Yes it's a mess, but I'm only testing it.

Geoff

VIP Member
Are those bubbles in the water reservoir?
Yes those are small bubbles. When I first started the pump up there was lots of air in the system, and it just kinda stuck to the sides of the reservoir. I will need to drain everything out anyways before I install it in my case, so i'm not really worried about it.

And it's been running for about 3 hours without any leaks.

MatrixEVO

[-0MEGA-];877660 said:
Yes those are small bubbles. When I first started the pump up there was lots of air in the system, and it just kinda stuck to the sides of the reservoir. I will need to drain everything out anyways before I install it in my case, so i'm not really worried about it.

And it's been running for about 3 hours without any leaks.

You can't have any air running through the block, it bad news. Has some of the air bled out over time?

Geoff

VIP Member
Looks awesome, Omega. Can't wait to build my first WC setup. :D
Thanks!

You can't have any air running through the block, it bad news. Has some of the air bled out over time?
Obviously, but it's actually the pump which can be damaged if there are are bubbles in the system. The air was only in the block and radiator for a few seconds until the waterpump pumped water into the system and back into the radiator. I also primed the pump first as well since it shouldn't be run without water.

Off topic, I got my siren today :)

xxxalpinexxx80

get back to me on how hard you can push the q6600 and your temps, i have a swiftech to but smaller radiator and 3/8 tubing as well, and if u have go or b3

Geoff

VIP Member
get back to me on how hard you can push the q6600 and your temps, i have a swiftech to but smaller radiator and 3/8 tubing as well, and if u have go or b3
I will, I'm waiting until I get this WC installed before I push my CPU anymore, although I did get up to 3.6GHz stable. And I do have the G0 stepping.

Pics look great. Gunna show some after everything is put together?
Yup, my plan is still to take photos of the entire install. Although after looking inside my case I may have to mount the pump outside the case.

He has the G0. I'm guessing 3.8 GHz. Stable. :D
I should, I could hit 3.7GHz on air although it wasn't stable because the temps were so high.

WhiteFireDragon

i always thought that the PSU has to be connected to the mobo for it to turn on, until i saw your little paper clip trick. can you take another pic showing or just tell me which pin you connected the two ends of the paper clip to connect the circuit?