New CF 101 video is comming!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Other_One

VIP Member
There's a whole slew of things that could be removed to dramatically reduce the runtime. This is a basic video for building a PC, not adding tons of extras, or how hard thermal paste is to get off your hands. The camera work and poor lighting leaves much to be desired as well. A tripod should of been used with perhaps closer views on the hardware being mentioned. I saw many problems with the camera focusing on the wrong portion of the screen too. This should be considered before making such a video. Now, I am suprised how well you can hear your voice thoughout most of the video, but you do tend to mumble a lot. You don't mumble during such a video. Do some research. Know the terminology. Plan what you're going to say before you say it.

Eh...I'm stoping here. I don't want to get myself too deep.

apj101

VIP Member
P.S. apj101 your a "SUPER DUPER MODERATOR" now are you? Congrats
Ahh, no promotion i was just goofing around, it seems quite a few people have been confused by that... I better change it back

g4m3rof1337

Hey,
Ku.
I really appreciate the effort put forth for this, iam surprised everyone here isnt congratulating on this.

thanks.
youve given me the confidence for my next build / upgrade.
Lookin' forward to the rest, lol.

Derek

jimmymac

VIP Member
Having had a view myself I think i echo the sentiments of a few people here

Its a great first attempt to be fair...you've taken the time to put some effort into it which I commend you for.

However it does feel like very little planning was done before hand...a few to many errms, umms and blase comments.

If your willing to put a bit more into it I would suggest sitting down and watching it yourself a few times and pulling out what you think would be the best bits and then trying it again. Some concise explanations of sections and a detailed layout of what parts are going into the system and why....maybe a mention of what other options are available.

As I said before, its a great start and a good basis for an educational video on building your own system......it just needs fine tuning a bit and made to look slightly more professional (the tripod idea mentioned by the other one is a winner I think)

Good start and good luck :)

Blue

<b>VIP Member</b>
reason for showing everything going in is because i'm not going to put it together the way you wanted it cause believe it or not, it's MY computer and i'm not gonna half build it just to make the video go by faster then have to tear down the damn thing again to put it all back the way I like it...

Ahhhh, well see that is your problem there. You are not to be thinking "this is my computer & I'll build it the way I want it", But rather, you should be thinking "this is going to be like the PC you (the newb watching) are going to be building.

Ku-sama

banned
There's a whole slew of things that could be removed to dramatically reduce the runtime. This is a basic video for building a PC, not adding tons of extras, or how hard thermal paste is to get off your hands. The camera work and poor lighting leaves much to be desired as well. A tripod should of been used with perhaps closer views on the hardware being mentioned. I saw many problems with the camera focusing on the wrong portion of the screen too. This should be considered before making such a video. Now, I am suprised how well you can hear your voice thoughout most of the video, but you do tend to mumble a lot. You don't mumble during such a video. Do some research. Know the terminology. Plan what you're going to say before you say it.

Eh...I'm stoping here. I don't want to get myself too deep.

well, doing the video at 2AM doesn't help, I am usually pretty busy... Lighting? dude, i'm doing this video with a $500 camcorder, with a TV stand which doesn't have alot of room to work with, and while i'm at it, she did already apologize about her camera work.... given if about 800 people on the forum gave me $1 then I could do much better with the video because i'll have proper equipment. other then that, back off, i'll make a 20 minuet video for the "PROS" of this forum.... this forum wasn't meant to teach anyone but the newer members how to build a PC from the ground up

I didn't know that the people here with 4000+ post needed to know how to build a computer. I'll make that video for you guys

Blue

<b>VIP Member</b>
and I was showing the lights for a reason:

AlOT of new computer enthusiast like the pretty lights

3 drives? I burn on average 500 disks a month
You need to stop defending your reasons and accept the criticisms. The lights have nothing to do with building a PC, therefore do not belong in that video.

If you want to teach the newbs how to install lights, make a separate video.

Edit:

3 drives? I burn on average 500 disks a month
Unless you are burning multiple disks at once, It makes no difference how many in total you are burning.

Boring movie?

its an informational video :p
Alright, well maybe I found it boring because I did not learn anything. But I tend to think it was because it was just too dang long.

Hey,
Ku.
I really appreciate the effort put forth for this, iam surprised everyone here isnt congratulating on this.

Do not go getting the wrong idea. The video was half way decent :p. It showed he knows how to build a PC but it is not clear enough to be a teaching aid. The criticisms are needed for improvement.

I still do not know why you would end the darn video without showing the PC running.

Last edited:

g4m3rof1337

or you can go to the ''pros'' houses and hold there hands and help em.

you covered the basics, like for my first build, it took me awhile to know the fans and how they spin.

Ku, try doing an underground production, to where you only give the link to certain people, be like the prohibition...lol

but, again i 'deeply' appreciate this.

Whats next on the ku productions?

Derek

Ku-sama

banned
You need to stop defending your reasons and accept the criticisms. The lights have nothing to do with building a PC, therefore do not belong in that video.

If you want to teach the newbs how to install lights, make a separate video.

Edit:
Unless you are burning multiple disks at once, It makes no difference how many in total you are burning.

okay, lets see who can put out more CDs/DVDs in 5 hours, thats usually my deadline.

Like I said, I will remake the video, it will be a 20 minuets nothing but slapping a computer together.

Emperor_nero

Why don't people point out tha good parts of it insted of just pointing out the bad parts? (With exception to a few people)

Ku-sama

banned
Whats next on the ku productions?

Computer Teardown
Motherboard Teardown
Motherboard Assembly

Also:
Look in the computer picture thread, whats the percent of computer with lights compared to without?

about 80% have lights, the newbies look at them and say "damn that looks cool, I wonder how its done?"

that video is for them, I'll make the new video with a plain case and nothing but a CD drive.

Last edited:

The_Other_One

VIP Member
Why don't people point out tha good parts of it insted of just pointing out the bad parts? (With exception to a few people)

Because this video was basically made to reflect this website. As for my part, trust me, I was being very nice. When it comes to video editing, I catch EVERYTHING wrong with something. I could show you one of my videos and find tons of things wrong with it still...

Blue

<b>VIP Member</b>
other then that, back off, i'll make a 20 minuet video for the "PROS" of this forum....
I don't like your attitude. Take the criticism, did you think everyone was going to fall in love with it?

Do not go getting the wrong idea. The video was half way decent :p. It showed he knows how to build a PC but it is not clear enough to be a teaching aid. The criticisms are needed for improvement.
See that is it, Your video is better for the pros. Those of us that can build understand because we have done it time and time again. The newbs need something cleaner and more professional, stop thinking backwards.

or you can go to the ''pros'' houses and hold there hands and help em.
Uhm, sure? If they are Pros, then why would they need their hands held again?

Like I said, I will remake the video, it will be a 20 minuets nothing but slapping a computer together.
And that video would be a real looser, You need to explain things. That can be done while putting the PC together in about 20/25 minutes.

You where giving reasonable criticisms and you appear not to be handling it well. In light of that fact I'll stop, I've said all I need and in a friendly manner.

You have managed to impress those that do not know how to build. You failed to impress those of us that know how to build. That should tell you something.

Edit:

And stop defending those dumb lights already. Make a separate video for that. You where supposed to make a video on putting together a PC... Not lighting it!

Ku-sama

banned
Because this video was basically made to reflect this website. As for my part, trust me, I was being very nice. When it comes to video editing, I catch EVERYTHING wrong with something. I could show you one of my videos and find tons of things wrong with it still...

then come to PA, you videotape it, edit it, and shut up about my work.

WHEN DID I EVER SAY I WAS THE BEST VIDEO MAKER IN THE WORLD?
WHERE WERE YOU T.O.O WHEN I NEEDED HELP WITH PREMIER?
I have NEVER made a movie or edited anything buy music in my LIFE and you expect me to have the best video in the world? give me some damn slack, If you wanted a great 101, then give me a damn Video 101 where your ass shows me how to properly film something and how to use a video editing program

apj101

VIP Member
ku-sama your attitude is out of order. People have given you constructive criticism in an attempt to help... everyone appreciates your efforts... but everyone has suggestions to improve.
No one is saying you are the best film maker in the world, but you are here to learn... if all you wanted was praise goto a Christianity forum... not here. In here we thrive of knowing that it is never perfect and someone always knows how we can make it better, regardless of the project.
If you cant take criticism you're in for trouble in this world.

TOO is being firm but polite, and is probably holding back his tongue in an effort to be more polite... the least you can do is have the courtesy to accept his and other suggestions even if you dont agree with them

This thread will be closed unless we can all freely and openly discuss this video, I will not have this thread censored by you, or anyone else, to only include positive comments

Blue

<b>VIP Member</b>
then come to PA, you videotape it, edit it, and shut up about my work.

WHEN DID I EVER SAY I WAS THE BEST VIDEO MAKER IN THE WORLD?
WHERE WERE YOU T.O.O WHEN I NEEDED HELP WITH PREMIER?
I have NEVER made a movie or edited anything buy music in my LIFE and you expect me to have the best video in the world? give me some damn slack, If you wanted a great 101, then give me a damn Video 101 where your ass shows me how to properly film something and how to use a video editing program

We where just trying to help..... Me thinks thread needs to be closed now.

Ku-sama

banned
I would just like the criticism to lighne up a bit, its the FIRST time I have done anything like this before. keep that in mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.