New CF 101 video is comming!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

apj101

VIP Member
I would just like the criticism to lighne up a bit, its the FIRST time I have done anything like this before. keep that in mind.

We know that, the critism is light. How many times have you corrected someones build specs?? Ever stopped to think how they would feel about you suggesting this processor or that processor... or telling them there ram is not compatible? probably never... its the same thing

Ku-sama

banned
It's not even that, everyone criticized on how bad the camera work is and crap, I don't have a studio, you have to realize im working with what I have, not anything else

right now, take a vote, who wants me to completely redo the video?

The_Other_One

VIP Member
then come to PA, you videotape it, edit it, and shut up about my work.
Unless I'm mistaken, you offered to come down here earlier.

WHERE WERE YOU T.O.O WHEN I NEEDED HELP WITH PREMIER?
I was trying to study for my exams

If you wanted a great 101, then give me a damn Video 101 where your ass shows me how to properly film something and how to use a video editing program
Already being planned :rolleyes:

Blue

<b>VIP Member</b>
I'd be willing to to watch it again, if you redo it.

Remember it is your choice, not ours. It is your choice whether to implement and or remove what we suggest.

In the end... It is your choice whether you want to improve yourself/video.

g4m3rof1337

I'd be willing to to watch it again, if you redo it.

Remember it is your choice, not ours. It is your choice whether to implement and or remove what we suggest.

In the end... It is your choice whether you want to improve yourself/video.

why would you be willing to re-watch if your not going to benefit from it?
unless theres something i didnt read

Ku-sama

banned
Well, I don't have a tripod, I don't have $300 lights, and I dont have a sound studio.

its not what the video looks or sounds like, if it teaches newbies how to build a PC and add extras like lights and some extra drives then didnt the video serve its purpose?

Didn't I apologize TWICE for the camera. Again I will do it AGAIN. It was all taped around 2am...I was tired. I need sleep and I usually get up early and go to bed really late. Besides my directing class wasn't on taping stuff. And btw, for a person being as tired as I was and as angry and frustrated, I think I did a fairly good job on the video taping. And another thing, I'm not a computer geek like you all are. I didn't know half the things he was talking about, so it took me a second to figure out what he was showing.

He put this together because this forum is important to him. He didn't ask for everyone to crush his FIRST video like this.

g4m3rof1337

Didn't I apologize TWICE for the camera. Again I will do it AGAIN. It was all taped around 2am...I was tired. I need sleep and I usually get up early and go to bed really late. Besides my directing class wasn't on taping stuff. And btw, for a person being as tired as I was and as angry and frustrated, I think I did a fairly good job on the video taping. And another thing, I'm not a computer geek like you all are. I didn't know half the things he was talking about, so it took me a second to figure out what he was showing.

He put this together because this forum is important to him. He didn't ask for everyone to crush his FIRST video like this.

i know, he made it for ppl like me.
iam new and needed help.

so I BENEFITED from this FILM

GREAT job KU sama

jimmymac

VIP Member
seriously, some chilling out really needs to be done here. The camera was a suggestion, that was all. Fair enough if that was what was available. The main resounding point on this was do you have a tripod available that would stabalise it. If not then fair enough, its no biggie, just a suggestion and thats all.

As I tried to state in my previous comment I think this is an excellent base and with just a few more tweaks it could be a cracking video. All thats been stated here is constructive criticism so far. Instead of defending yourself as if your life depended on it why not read whats been stated and respond in a calm manner.

I'll say it again...good work so far, and good luck if you decide to make any changes :)

Blue

<b>VIP Member</b>
why would you be willing to re-watch if your not going to benefit from it?
unless theres something i didnt read

Because I think I should be allowed to be included in the discussion... Do you think otherwise?

I do not know why you two are looking for a pitty party? yes i'm getting annoyed now.

Us adults learn to take criticism, it is the way the world turns... learn to deal with it or get off.

i know, he made it for ppl like me.
iam new and needed help.

so I BENEFITED from this FILM

GREAT job KU sama

My whole point is... It needs to be dumbed down and clear for newbs. Newbs do not need to know how to install lights for a "computer build" video, they should have a separate video for that. Sheesh guys, I think I'm one of the easiest people on these forums to get along with. I'm now totally annoyed that mine and others criticisms were taking too much to heart.

I won't even comment on the good points because you want/need it too bad.

apj101

VIP Member
there are loads of cheap tricks online to making the film look better, eg cheap filming tips, lighting tips using a lamp etc
Oh and you dont have to film the thing in one take, you can do a close up of the processor, then cut, and then move the camera to a difference position and film you installing it or something
http://phpbb.ulead.com.tw/EN/viewtopic.php?t=8696

I just think that everyone shouldn't be so hard on Mike. He did his best with what he had. He may have asked for some criticism, but he didn't ask for people to crush the whole thing. He didn't do this for everyone who knows what they are doing. He did the video for the NEW people who don't know much. The lights are there because he worked with HIS computer. If he worked with mine it would have been the same.

Say some new person came to this forum and wanted to know how to build a computer with lights and such. Well his video shows you that. If you don't like the lights in it, take that step out. Unless your completely dense in the head and can't do that kind of stuff then you probably shouldn't be working on computers in the first place.

Ku-sama

banned
I didn't do it all at once...

I Also didn't want to make to too choppy, I wanted the viewers to know where I am on the PC at all times

I do not know why you two are looking for a pitty party? yes i'm getting annoyed now.

Us adults learn to take criticism, it is the way the world turns... learn to deal with it or get off.

No one said we can't take it. Just don't kill it. If your 33 years old you don't need this stuff, so don't watch it.

Blue

<b>VIP Member</b>
I just think that everyone shouldn't be so hard on Mike. He did his best with what he had.

No one is being too hard on Mike. I personally wanted to help Mike make it better. Now I'm not interested to do that... Nope not in the least.

ian

Administrator
Staff member
First of all I would like to say thank you very much to Ku-sama for producing the computer assembly video and to Akina for helping produce it.
I understand that the criticism was meant to help.
I think it needs to be understood that Ku-sama put this together to help some of the newer members. He has done so voluntarily with good intentions.
Putting any of the technical aspects aside, I personally think he did a really good job. Professional informational dvd's take a hell of a lot of resources, they take a lot in simply planning, scripting, usually a collabrative project with involvement and input from many people. And in terms of production, it takes a lot of resources with video lighting etc etc.
Given the time and resources, I honestly think he did a really good job, sure as with anything there is room for improvement, but doing something like that in front of a camera is not exactly an easy task. I for one, could not do that anywhere near as well. I thought the camera work was good too, it wasnt jittery or anything like that.
It was meant to be a casual tutorial, of one member trying to help fellow members out. I think you presented it quite well. You had the idea and you went ahead and did it, and that deserves a lot of credit in itself that you completed the project.
We dont yet have an official computerforum t-shirt, but if you want to design something that is suitable for a cafepress t-shirt http://www.cafepress.com/cp/customize/?id=5, with your name or anything you want on it, I would be happy to get it printed and mailed to you. You can send me the image via pm, otherwise when I do get around to getting some made, I will send you one if you like. (not sure when that will be).

Status
Not open for further replies.