November Folding Marathon!

voyagerfan99

Master of Turning Things Off and Back On Again
Staff member
:(

For folding nvidia cards are the better choice anyhow, stanford has the points really screwed up on the ati cards so they get alot less ppd than nvidia.

I dunno how somebody convinced me to go with ATI.

All I know is an HD4870 was as high as I could go with as little bottlenecking as possible.

bomberboysk

I dunno how somebody convinced me to go with ATI.

All I know is an HD4870 was as high as I could go with as little bottlenecking as possible.
Well, the 4870 is pretty much the best card for the money unless your folding. Better 3dmark scores, better for cad work, better for gaming,pretty much better performance for the price overall. Overclock em enough and they fall roughly ahead of a GTX260 Core 216.

voyagerfan99

Staff member
Well, the 4870 is pretty much the best card for the money unless your folding. Better 3dmark scores, better for cad work, better for gaming,pretty much better performance for the price overall. Overclock em enough and they fall roughly ahead of a GTX260 Core 216.

I miss folding a lot though :(

Scout has my old 9600GSO and he loves it.

Aastii

VIP Member
nice one all, great stuff:good:

I'd have folded more if my gpu client would work (still not sorted this nvcuda.dll thing) but I did what I could, everyone else did super duper good though :D :D

bomberboysk

nice one all, great stuff:good:

I'd have folded more if my gpu client would work (still not sorted this nvcuda.dll thing) but I did what I could, everyone else did super duper good though :D :D
What drivers you running? You pretty much need at least 18x.xx drivers to fold because you need cuda, there were a couple of 17x drivers that did cuda but the 18x and 19x all do.

Aastii

VIP Member
What drivers you running? You pretty much need at least 18x.xx drivers to fold because you need cuda, there were a couple of 17x drivers that did cuda but the 18x and 19x all do.

pfft, you tell me, for the first time ever Windows installed them for me :eek:

Usually I would have to boot in safe mode to get it to come up with a picture with resolution at 800x600, install the drivers then boot it and set it right, but it was up and ready straight away this time.

Suppose it would probably be quite a good idea to check that out, thanks for the idea :p

Me too...We have to keep the interest of everybody, I am sure it will slow down in the future.

I'll definitely keep it up I'm only pulling around 2,000 ppd but it all helps. I figured my mom's GPU would pull more than 1500 but it's only a 4830.

Jet

VIP Member
I'll definitely keep it up I'm only pulling around 2,000 ppd but it all helps. I figured my mom's GPU would pull more than 1500 but it's only a 4830.

The main issue is that it's an Ati card--for some reason F@h doesn't scale well on Ati's lineup.

ScOuT

VIP Member
The names have been chosen

1. Ganzey
2. Cudenver
3. Aastii
4. Buzz1927
5. kobaj
6. Bodaggit23

I put a video up on Youtube but it reduced the quality. When I published it directly from Pinnacle Studio...it made me downsize it soo much. It said "network traffic will not allow this file size to upload at this time" Must be a busy day at Youtube:(

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CUAquoue9jo

Anyway...those are the names.

But...the deal is...the first on the list gets first pick and so on.

I will send everybody a PM with the notification. Please respond quickly so we can get the gifts in the mail.

Last edited:

voyagerfan99

Staff member

1. Ganzey
2. Cudenver
3. Aastii
4. Buzz1927
5. kobaj
6. Bodaggit23

I put a video up on Youtube but it reduced the quality. When I published it directly from Pinnacle Studio...it made me downsize it soo much. It said "network traffic will not allow this file size to upload at this time" Must be a busy day at Youtube:(

If you all want to work out who gets what gifts and who needs what that's cool I guess.

Post here on this thread

Haha it said the audio was disabled but the music was still playing :D

G25r8cer

1. Ganzey
2. Cudenver
3. Aastii
4. Buzz1927
5. kobaj
6. Bodaggit23

I will send everybody a PM with the notification. Please respond quickly so we can get the gifts in the mail.

Congrats guys!! This doesnt mean we should stop folding

Aastii

VIP Member
congratulations the rest who won, scout, I love how your son can't read properly, but he can handle excel like a pro :p

and bomberboy, with my drivers, they were already fully up to date, which is what i sort of expected becuase windows 7 did it and it being new and all, so that wasn't the issue :(

brian

VIP Member
Well my computers are finally coming online, I should have 50 or so, the rest should be up soon

ScOuT

VIP Member
Well my computers are finally coming online, I should have 50 or so, the rest should be up soon

Nice...

You actually plan on running clients on them? Maybe a small CPU background client would be ok?

That would be huge for the team!

****second post updated with winners****

Last edited:

Bodaggit23

3 computers running 9 different clients and I barely made the list!! ROFLMAO!! :D

It was great fun and I'm going to keep going! :cool:

bomberboysk

congratulations the rest who won, scout, I love how your son can't read properly, but he can handle excel like a pro :p

and bomberboy, with my drivers, they were already fully up to date, which is what i sort of expected becuase windows 7 did it and it being new and all, so that wasn't the issue :(
The newest ones windows install SUCK. Try the 195.38 beta drivers:good: