wat do u prefer Nvidia or ATI

• Nvidia

Votes: 908 68.3%
  • ATI

Votes: 421 31.7%

• Total voters

StrangleHold

Staff member
You mean ATI right? Amd and Ati have been in "cooperation" for a little while now, but as far as I know that is as far as it goes.

AMD bought out ATI about 2 years ago for about 5.4 billion bucks. Thats one reason there straped for cash, plus the Core 2 didnt help much.

manda_panda

I have always had Nvidia cards and they are great. I love the single driver that works for all the various models. Im rocken my 8800 GTS 640MB right now.

Ethan3.14159

ive had a monster fusion something or another (off brand crap from the 90's)
a geforce2 mx 400 in my first build (yeah im going way back in time i know, i think i was 10 or 11 then):p
then a radeon 9200
then radeon x1300 256
and i had a laptop (gateway mx6453)with radeon xpress 1150
then my next build had a 8500gt 512mb
and now im at the 8800gt and i can honestly say im very happy with nvidia
the and i'll probably stick with them until i see that ati comes out with something better than nvidia

Mitch?

banned
I voted nVidia, but my HD3870 has changed my mind. Price/Power ATI has it for sure, and their HD encode/decode kills comparable nVidia cards.
Right now my Sapphire HD3870 is at 885/1356. That's with my current rig (x2 4000+. 2gb ampX ddr800, msi k8m890) and i have the fan to auto, which is generally under 60%

Last edited:
i wanna take my Nvidia vote back lol with the new ATI and Nvidia cards being way 2 expecting at release im gonna go witjh ati as they are nice and cheap and better then anything out atm (better then the 9800)

ThatGuy16

VIP Member
yeah thats nice, do games play at those clocks? I know most cards take a pencil mod to get around 890 gaming stable.. If that one does it on stock volts, thats great! ;)

Shane

Super Moderator
Staff member
im loving my 8800GT from Nvidia
i dont mind which company i buy from,i make the decision on whats best in the performance for my price range wther it be ATI or Nvidia.

Mitch?

banned
yeah thats nice, do games play at those clocks? I know most cards take a pencil mod to get around 890 gaming stable.. If that one does it on stock volts, thats great! ;)

attachment.php

isnt it time we make a version 2 of this thread? as well since 2004 peoples options have changed alot
Nvidia might still win but will be more up to date

silver295

Ive chosen Nvidia bcuz they are the only ones i have had any experience with.:). Another thread could be made but i think that more or less the results will be the same in the end.

-Silver:cool:

well with the new ati cards coming out and they look like they actually mean high end performance from ati not just medium end or low end cards lol

i voted Nvidia already but I'm going ati for my next card (the RV7700 4870)