Nvidia or ATI

wat do u prefer Nvidia or ATI

• Nvidia

Votes: 908 68.3%
  • ATI

Votes: 421 31.7%

• Total voters

Xp_Office

i voted for nvidia but ati have become experts on gamming for the past few years they have a new card out that whips out any card on the market

but now intel are making 1 with mini processors on the card werid huh lol

Okedokey

XP, nVidia has owned the gaming market for the last 2 years. I am not a nVidia fanboy, but they simply did. ATi have released a great GPU, but to be honest their driver support is abysmal. The 8.8 catalyst driver is laughable. nVidia on the other hand has enabled physX on all 8+ gpus. Now thats something. I don't think it will be long before the architecture from the 280 series nvidia cards becomes more afordable, and woops ATi back again.

Last edited:

Okedokey

It doesn't support 4850 c/f properly and is slower than 8.7 but does remedy the heat issues. Based on my research it should still be beta.

Last edited:

Machin3

ATI crossfire is better than NVIDIA sli. Maximum PC did a study on the two and came to a conclusion that Crossfire has better performance and visual performance.

mechoption

Nvidia lost my support when their forceware drivers stopped supporting non-HDTV :( Now I have to roll back to old drivers every time I want to watch a movie in COLOUR !!

ramiel-care

I cannot say who it is because every year they improved their card. Maybe today ATI will be the best but how about if NVIDIA will improved another video card. It all to you what are your toughts. Peace!!!!

TechShark

Started off with Nvidia Geforce Fx5500 , then went to ati radeon 9800pro, Now im back to Nvidia 8800GT, Having used both i'd have to choose Nvidia, But i do believe they both make great cards, just personal preference....Chevy or ford...kinda question to me. (Chevy all the way lol)

/\E

Nvidia for performance...
ATi for drivers & underrated performance...

Nvidia has really screwed up with their drivers here lately, it might be where they are trying to implement CUDA. I have had Nvidia's drivers crash on the 8600M GT in my laptop and both of my Windows desktops.

TrainTrackHack

VIP Member
Nvidia for performance...
ATi for drivers & underrated performance...
I laugh at the irony of your statement... you say NVIDIA for performance and ATi for underrated performance, even though ATI currently has the fastest card on the market, and you say ATi for drivers even though ATI has been having a fair bit of trouble getting their 4-series drivers fixed up. That deserves a royal lol :p

TechShark

I laugh at the irony of your statement... you say NVIDIA for performance and ATi for underrated performance, even though ATI currently has the fastest card on the market, and you say ATi for drivers even though ATI has been having a fair bit of trouble getting their 4-series drivers fixed up. That deserves a royal lol :p

lol^^ reason why i dont say anything i know im not %100 about.

you just lose plenty of credibility

Last edited:

/\E

Do you know some of your stuff?

First of all, ATi has been "worse" since the release of the 8-series cards. This is because the 2900XT ran hot and was not on par with the 8800GTX. ATi has still not made a recovery from that and AMD's stocks show it. ATi's drivers are still more efficient with their cards when compared to Nvidia. They may be a PITA to install but that's probably in the CCC itself rather than in the driver that CCC applies. In my opinion, ATi is still underrated.. Most ppl look at the GTX 280, GTX 260, 9800GTX/+, and 9800GX2 before considering a 48-series. If you ask me, ATi has some marketing skills to work on, I don't think AMD has ever had marketing skills and their acquisition of ATi a couple years back didn't help ATi's marketing.

mep916

Administrator
Staff member

Yes, he does. ;)

If you ask me, ATi has some marketing skills to work on, I don't think AMD has ever had marketing skills and their acquisition of ATi a couple years back didn't help ATi's marketing.

I totally agree, although it would be a mistake to easily dismiss the problems AMD have had with releasing solid drivers. Do you know your stuff? If so, solve this. :)

TrainTrackHack

VIP Member
Yes.

First of all, ATi has been "worse" since the release of the 8-series cards.
Exactly. Has been. Is not.

This is because the 2900XT ran hot and was not on par with the 8800GTX. ATi has still not made a recovery from that and AMD's stocks show it.
Actually 2900XT was a really good card, as I learned some time ago (yes, I though it was bad, or "old", but was quicky corrected for loling at someone suggesting the 2900XT as a solid card. It is.)

In my opinion, ATi is still underrated.. Most ppl look at the GTX 280, GTX 260, 9800GTX/+, and 9800GX2 before considering a 48-series.
Most? Do you know some of your stuff? The 4-series cards totally caught NVIDIA by surprise and coupled with other difficulties NVIDIA were having such as having to recall thousands of integrated GPUs and getting sued by their own shareholders, NVIDIA lost quite significant amounts of market share and their stocks are doing anything but well. IMO saying that ATi is overrated is an overkill, if not just plain wrong.

If you ask me, ATi has some marketing skills to work on, I don't think AMD has ever had marketing skills and their acquisition of ATi a couple years back didn't help ATi's marketing.
Actually, most of their success can be attributed to their marketing skills. Until Athlon, AMD hardware had been inferior to Intel's offerings and AMD's clever marketing strategies and tactical partnerships is what kept them afloat and in the end made them pretty popular. If you wonder how I know this, I did a Business Management (VCE Units 1&2 - just to add the "fancy factor") assignment on AMD/Jerry Sanders, and because the subect is what it is I had to focus on their marketing/business operation a lot...