Official 3dMark06 Rank Thread

Laquer Head

Not sure how this is, but my G73 laptop got 12,309 3DMarks.

Is there a listing for laptop scores?

3DMark06screen.jpg

87dtna

Wow dude thats a killer laptop! I don't think they were doing anything special for laptops, so it'll go in with the rest of the scores.

bomberboysk

Yeah at this time there is no specific ranking for laptops, in the future if there are enough laptop scores i will place another leaderboard up specifically for laptops.

bomberboysk

Was going to yesterday, but roadrunner has been out since then. If it comes back up today i'll be updating it. (Posted from my palm pre)

Geoff

VIP Member
I love how we are still using this when there are two new versions out, shows that futuremark may have made a mistake switching the scoring of their benchmarks.

87dtna

Thats weird. What Drivers are you using for the 4870?

Edit- Ah 10.11 I see, I think try older drivers try 10.5

Still don't understand the CPU thing. What was the CPU score with 4.2 HT on?

Last edited:

jasonn20

I thought I would use 10.6 since it is what I used with the AMD run.

It's not a big deal or anything I was just tinkering with this new setup. The transition from test to test is much smoother than with the AMD.

Here is the besT I have gotten.. my fans roaring.. sounds like a vacuum cleaner left running for 6 hours now.. probably gonna have to give it a break everyone is getting annoyed.. :cool: ... might try 4600mhz though... ;)

[URL=http://img832.imageshack.us/i/3dmark06test2.png/] [/URL]

jasonn20

Meh, get a better card. 4870's are crap IMO.

Or, you could get a 4870 X2 and tri-fire, that would work :)

I updated my DirectX drivers and my score have improved a bit... I'm in the 20's with 4.2ghz and HT ON....

This Gpu does everything I need for it to do... plays any game nicely with some on maxxed settings... not a bad card they just run hot normally..