Official 3dMark06 Rank Thread

87dtna

Come on Jevery, get crackin :p

Bomber, I may have typo'd but my ram speeds were at 1830 not 1730. My bad if I entered it wrong.

87dtna

What? A 950 shouldn't be topping out at 4.1. Mine took 1.30v for 4ghz stable HT on. I could easily get to 4.3ghz HT on and 4.5ghz ht off. What cooler do you have?

sef24

Hello! Never really visited the gpu/monitor page before the other day.
Well I got my newer setup and have got it going! With the benchmark here is my current results. I may update this sometime in the future (whenever I get more comfortable with overclocking my GPU's, and possibly my cpu higher than the easy OC option in the bios.

If I am missing anything, just let me know

3dmark06topscore-1.png

Max Frame was I believe 432

Last edited:

87dtna

Just a little overclock on the GPU's and you'll easily beat my score even at your current CPU overclock.

Congrats.

sef24

What software would u suggest I use for ocing, and what temps should I not surpass with furmark?
Also, my CPU is the i5-2500k :) in terms of the mark11 benchmark

Last edited:

87dtna

Yeah I also had a 2500k, he just messed up it should say I5 not I7. But I was at 5.1ghz :eek:

I use MSI afterburner, great program.

Forget furmark, you should be able to run 900 core clock on stock voltage with no issues. Just doing that, and getting your CPU to ~4.6ghz you'll easily pass my score. Remember I was only on gts450's, pretty weak GPU's.

sef24

Yeah I also had a 2500k, he just messed up it should say I5 not I7. But I was at 5.1ghz :eek:

I use MSI afterburner, great program.

Forget furmark, you should be able to run 900 core clock on stock voltage with no issues. Just doing that, and getting your CPU to ~4.6ghz you'll easily pass my score. Remember I was only on gts450's, pretty weak GPU's.

Oh awesome, this weekend I'll prob tweak everything and see what I come up with. One question though, is there any simple way to unlock the max oc that I can get? Msi is limiting me to what ccc will let me get, 840/1300

87dtna

Yeah.

c:/program files x86/msi afterburner

Open up the CFG file with notepad. Scroll down to EnableUnofficialOverclocking, which is near the bottom, and change the 0 to a 1. File/save. Restart afterburner.

sef24

Yeah.

c:/program files x86/msi afterburner

Open up the CFG file with notepad. Scroll down to EnableUnofficialOverclocking, which is near the bottom, and change the 0 to a 1. File/save. Restart afterburner.

awesome, thanks!

Ill go ahead and test some GPU OC tonight, what temps would you suggest I take as a maximum?
My current case is pretty decent in terms of cooling, though I dont have much experience on temps with crossfire cards