|Official|Black Hole: Benchmark Ranking thread

Laquer Head

I guess at the end of the day these types of benches are more for fun than anything..

My computer is insanely fast and does all I need and more--I dont need a benchmark to tell me that!

spirit

Staff member
I know there are inconsistencies and issues but remember this was written in VB.NET which is really a very limited language. There's only so much you can do without having to write the whole thing in C# or C++ and learn a whole new language.

Okedokey

Score updating required

bigfella2-1.png

Laquer Head

I know there are inconsistencies and issues but remember this was written in VB.NET which is really a very limited language. There's only so much you can do without having to write the whole thing in C# or C++ and learn a whole new language.

Don't take this the wrong way, you have much more skill than I do with programs.. however,

Releasing something with known and admitted issues, inconsistencies, and freezing issues gives your program very little legitimacy.

Enough people have posted results, some with multiple results and there is more than just a few issues.

I know, as stated earlier, that its all for fun and friendly competition, but that aside, its pretty much a useless benchmark until it is actually smooth and accurate.

Until then, its completely pointless and irrelevant.

Sorry, but its like Microsoft releasing an incomplete version of windows--at least your not charging for using it though:p

Okedokey

Don't take this the wrong way, you have much more skill than I do with programs.. however,

Releasing something with known and admitted issues, inconsistencies, and freezing issues gives your program very little legitimacy.

Enough people have posted results, some with multiple results and there is more than just a few issues.

I know, as stated earlier, that its all for fun and friendly competition, but that aside, its pretty much a useless benchmark until it is actually smooth and accurate.

Until then, its completely pointless and irrelevant.

Sorry, but its like Microsoft releasing an incomplete version of windows--at least your not charging for using it though:p

No evidence for what you're saying at all. As i increase the clock speed of the cpu, the bench responds. You just cannot compete, thus your issue ;)

Score update:

bigfellla3.png

Okedokey

I am sure if the guys were to take the results and chart them by CPU, clock speed and score you will find there is a strong correlation. If you then compared the scores across cpus you will find an equally strong correlation. No benchmark is perfect. I have found a fairly linear response to the bench.

This also correlates to this bench http://www.anandtech.com/bench/Product/551?vs=287

where the 2600K is the very similar to a 3770k even with a lower clockspeed. Given that im running 5.2GHz to your 4.9GHz this justifies the lead. Nothing unsual there.

But if your sig is correct, post your results for 5.262GHz and we can see like for like in terms of clock speed. I still think ill win ;)

Either way im winning!! plus i have the best desktop background yet again yay!

Last edited:

Darren

Staff member
I ran it again. First time got 5332 then second time got 5032. I didn't take a picture first time since I figured it would be the same or better...?

Edit: 3rd try gave me 3631. It hates me/AMD.

Last edited:

wolfeking

banned
I am sure if the guys were to take the results and chart them by CPU, clock speed and score you will find there is a strong correlation. If you then compared the scores across cpus you will find an equally strong correlation. No benchmark is perfect. I have found a fairly linear response to the bench.

Ill do a graph based on his graph in a bit when I find a graph program that suits what I want to make.

Laquer Head

This also correlates to this bench http://www.anandtech.com/bench/Product/551?vs=287

where the 2600K is the very similar to a 3770k even with a lower clockspeed. Given that im running 5.2GHz to your 4.9GHz this justifies the lead. Nothing unsual there.

But if your sig is correct, post your results for 5.262GHz and we can see like for like in terms of clock speed. I still think ill win ;)

Either way im winning!! plus i have the best desktop background yet again yay!

I will fully admit, the 5.262Ghz oc in my sig is not a stable oc for benching!

It is the max I've been able to hit and boot with..but that's why I have no benches using it.

The highest I can stabily boot, and bench with is the screenshot I've posted at 5.150Ghz

--I just feel that the bench produces random results and doesn't appear to increase as you would expect with step by step increases.

At the end of the day, I really don't care that much--just saying my opinion and thats that..:)

Virssagòn

VIP Member
I will fully admit, the 5.262Ghz oc in my sig is not a stable oc for benching!

It is the max I've been able to hit and boot with..but that's why I have no benches using it.

The highest I can stabily boot, and bench with is the screenshot I've posted at 5.150Ghz

--I just feel that the bench produces random results and doesn't appear to increase as you would expect with step by step increases.

At the end of the day, I really don't care that much--just saying my opinion and thats that..:)

Man, it freezes because it lets your cpu run at 100%...
If click any program then it will freeze, it's using all the cpu's strengt.
Sure you'll get slower times when you OC to high and it's unstable.

BTW: I got my new cooler!!!
idling @ 25-26°C
stressed 20min 100% @ 37-39°C :p
Gonna own you all tomorrow :D

Okedokey

Man, it freezes because it lets your cpu run at 100%...
If click any program then it will freeze, it's using all the cpu's strengt.
Sure you'll get slower times when you OC to high and it's unstable.

BTW: I got my new cooler!!!
idling @ 25-26°C
stressed 20min 100% @ 37-39°C :p
Gonna own you all tomorrow :D

Thats what im trying to say too Laquer mate. :)

Overclocking although very technical is still a degree of a blackart.

Sure its pretty predictable and easy to do, but every chip is different. This happens becuase of the slightest differences in the lithography accuracies, silicon wager consistency (yeild). You chip is also quite different to mine.

To be honest im outta touch with cpus, does yours have the 3D transistor architecuture?

But either way, there has been many examples (this happens more often in graphics cards), where a higher frequency means lower bench. This means the bottleneck is elsewhere essentially.

I would also look at your motherboard. I think the frequency and stability of other motherboard components. Make sure the chipsets are cool, touch them when you're overclocked. What voltages?

Virssagòn

VIP Member
Current scores!
Bigfella has almost 9000!
benchmarktable.jpg

also a preview version of the next one:
download here
I need another name, but I can't find one...
If you know a nice name, say it!

Last edited:

wolfeking

banned
smile, why oh why could you not just zip it like last time? I don't got nothing to open a .rar and I am probably not going to go looking for it either. :(