*Official* Post Your Pictures Thread

spirit

Staff member
You may even have a setting on the camera itself to lower saturation levels.

Possibly... You had a Fuji in the past so you should know what I'm on about here - right now I'm using F-Chrome colour settings which I believe increases saturation and generally gives you brighter, more vibrant photos, right? Would using F-Standard work out better for most of time?

I'll have to do some experimenting with the two and see if there is actually a big difference. :D

Ramodkk

VIP Member
Here's one from today:

7390477056_55d6d099e9_b.jpg

Geoff

VIP Member
Quite pleased with this. :)

DSCF5950.jpg

It's even in colour too. :p
I hope you don't mind, I made a few tweaks. Working with a low quality JPG though is a bit harder than editing RAW files.

DSCF5950.jpg

All I did was lower the saturation, boosted the contrast, and tweaked the levels a bit. Let me know what you think.

spirit

Staff member
It looks better Geoff. :) As Omar was saying earlier, the over saturation meant that the detail didn't really come out on the petals, but now the saturation has been lowered you can see it more clearly.

I'll do an edit with the original JPEG and post it up in a bit.

spirit

Staff member
Cheers. :good:

...but in a good way or a bad way? lol I edited it to increase saturation and the exposure and the contrast.

spirit

Staff member
Great one!!

Do you shoot in RAW or JPEG?

Cheers! :) I use a bridge camera (Fuji S4000) so I don't think I can shoot in RAW? The files which the camera produces or JPGs or JPEGs I think.

Just going to do some Googling to find out if I can shoot in RAW with the S4000, don't think I can though. :(

Last edited:
it isn't the same one. His said o rly?, and mine says no, not rly. I put that one on, because I thought it was funny for us to have those. Which is why it sucks that he changed it.