Official Screenshot Thread

Burgerbob

i don't believe there's a demo for oblivion and as for my stats i was level 3 not too far into it but thats all gone now...my HD crapped out so i lost all my saves..i tried to log on with it as a slave and salvage some things but it was apparently not my day and i managed to strip an IDE cable inside the drive was a very old cable...so i figured now was as good a time as any to swap to SATA.....and i personally don't think prey is all that great looking i should give it a chance i guess i haven't even played the demo but i did look at some screens

Prey is based on the Doom 3 engine, so its not all that special, but all the biological effects are pretty cool.

DCIScouts

VIP Member
Yeah, I think the more accurate question is what's the most recent/good looking game engine. Which would have to be Oblivion in my opinion...

PC eye

banned
Yeah, I think the more accurate question is what's the most recent/good looking game engine. Which would have to be Oblivion in my opinion...

GEE? Nobody like the HL2 Steam engine anymore. :confused: I think I'm going to start falling into serious depression there fast. :( Or I can simply take a look at a recent screen?

Aw crap! I'm in for it now! :eek: !!!

PC eye

banned
It's not the latest out with Episode One out back in Dec./January. But it still has a bit of action and some fun with the difficulty of each game map. If you can get through all game maps in one day's time you are the exceptional player there for a single player. When I finish the current game I'll just have to get some more Episode One shots going. That's the drawback of swapping hard drives and ending up in a new build.

Maddhatter

what i look for in games is something with replayability...something with some minor at least micromanagement like rome total war...even the old caesar 3 game is excellent...i shoot for open ended games if possible unless its something i really wanna play..i did buy half life 2 but im not much for online gaming especially not fps but it is a very good game

PC eye

banned
HL2 is open ended in that you can expect to see an Episode Two somewhere along the line. At this time you can download E1 free if you are already running HL2 as an addon. When it first came out at the beginning of the year you had to buy that separately.

Lost Coast was a small addon released earlier that was left out of HL2. Duke Nukem Forever??? :confused: Forever waiting that is! :rolleyes: I can imagine what the graphics would look like on an updated XP/Vista version. :eek: !!!

PC eye

banned
There's an endless number of titles! That one does ring a bell. But it was most likely passed over here for another game. That's been out for a few years now hasn't it?

skidude

I love the Source engine.... but I found HL2 to be rather boring and repetitive.... not quite what I was expecting but it was still good.

Maddhatter

yea americas army has been out for a few years...its a free game squad based online play...i play it from time to time its pretty good you should check it out

Pr0

Well HL2 is good game too. Its just that i get even more fps in this game
cs1mn9.jpg

Pr0

Just Curios. whats the max fps people have got with Oblivion running in HDR v.sync and full screen enable? And How come you cant use HDR and AA at the same time?

Pr0

Well here it is.. With Only 1 x1900xtx. HDR + AA maxed out. My monitor only supports 75 hertz otherwise i could of gotten more then 75 at this rate.
oblivion2006082813552531wv4.jpg

oblivion2006082813561270wo6.jpg

oblivion2006082813571270dz9.jpg

oblivion2006082813592464ob9.jpg

oblivion2006082814253759md6.jpg

oblivion2006082814273689if2.jpg

oblivion2006082814274689vf0.jpg

oblivion2006082814295521sw5.jpg

oblivion2006082814332695do3.jpg

oblivion2006082814335695vt7.jpg