PC Gaming vs Console Gaming

Which do you prefer

• Total voters

Aastii

VIP Member
I have never purchased any of those games. My mum played Rock Band at my aunties in London last year and liked it, so bought a 360 with GH:WT and a few other games...naturally you play it, and it isn't half bad!!

Still though, it has one disadvantage, one which the PC didn't have.

On guitar hero on PC you could use any of your own songs if you put the time in, on consoles you were stuck with the original set list and buying DLC...another point for PC :D

wellhellothere

I have never purchased any of those games. My mum played Rock Band at my aunties in London last year and liked it, so bought a 360 with GH:WT and a few other games...naturally you play it, and it isn't half bad!!

lol, was only messing with you mate :)

Aastii

VIP Member
(omg console gets a *sort of* point)

I always thiks is more confortablee the Console, but when its aoudated is outdated :D

very true, however if you say buy a £400 PC for gaming on and at the same time buy a £400 console bundle for the new super duper console, and never upgrade the PC, when it comes to the next super duper console being released, it will cost the same to update it, so when a PC is outdated, it is outdated.

however, PC components hold value longer than consoles. You go to buy a PS2 now, you can get one with loads of games for £30 off ebay. You go and try to get PC components, they are close to new value for most parts, that is ofcourse except for very very very old stuff or your non-gaming pars, such as I bought my 8600GT's back in the day for £60 a piece if I remember correctly, sold one to mac couple weeks back for £15 inc. p&p

Archangel

VIP Member
however, PC components hold value longer than consoles. You go to buy a PS2 now, you can get one with loads of games for £30 off ebay. You go and try to get PC components, they are close to new value for most parts, that is ofcourse except for very very very old stuff or your non-gaming pars, such as I bought my 8600GT's back in the day for £60 a piece if I remember correctly, sold one to mac couple weeks back for £15 inc. p&p

Still, you've got to buy the games you want to play on them too still. ;)

Aastii

VIP Member
Still, you've got to buy the games you want to play on them too still. ;)

A good few years back on my old P4 system with 512MB RAM and Radeon 9000 I think graphics card, I got warcraft 3. A couple weeks back I was playing it and loving it.

A good few years ago, I bought final fantasy 8 on PS1, I haven't palyed it for a few years because I no longer have a PS1 or PS2, and I can't play it on my xbox or, if I had one, my PS3. However, I do have an emulator on my PC that I have played it on :p

see what I mean ;)

Flaring Afro

Whats wrong with Guitar Hero? Guitar Hero is the first step toward getting girls to play games too instead of getting mad at guys for playing. I have a few friends that played it and ended up playing halo a month later. ;)

Aastii

VIP Member
Whats wrong with Guitar Hero? Guitar Hero is the first step toward getting girls to play games too instead of getting mad at guys for playing. I have a few friends that played it and ended up playing halo a month later. ;)

but I don't want girls to play games, it is a guy thing, it is our thing.

A girl playing video games is cute, they come and play and lose and then you giggle at them, take over and show them your butch fingers and how you use them :D :p

Archangel

VIP Member
A good few years back on my old P4 system with 512MB RAM and Radeon 9000 I think graphics card, I got warcraft 3. A couple weeks back I was playing it and loving it.

A good few years ago, I bought final fantasy 8 on PS1, I haven't palyed it for a few years because I no longer have a PS1 or PS2, and I can't play it on my xbox or, if I had one, my PS3. However, I do have an emulator on my PC that I have played it on :p

see what I mean ;)

well, you didnt keep the console, but you kept the old pc?
I've been trying to run Wing Commander 3 and 4 on xp, vista and 7, neitehr of them work.
see what I mean? :p

Aastii

VIP Member
well, you didnt keep the console, but you kept the old pc?
I've been trying to run Wing Commander 3 and 4 on xp, vista and 7, neitehr of them work.
see what I mean? :p

I did keep the consoles, but they went and died. All, surprisingly, except for my mega drive :p

And there are a hell of alot more cross-compatible PC games than there are console games. And if you OS doesn't support it, you can always install a VM and play it, can't do that on a console :D

WeatherMan

A few months ago I would have had said PC, but the bugs/poor performance, cost & DRM has pushed me away, I'm all for Console now

JareeB

i vote for the pc

because there are games now that use windows live and you can play with people on the xbox so its really nice

dirtbikeryzz

why not vote for xbox then? That way you can play with people on windows live

Probably because he can play with people on live, while his game was bought cheaper, and looks hell of a lot better. This all comes down to your budget though. If you can't drop a lot of cash on a computer go console all the way, there decent, fun, and cheap. Anyone willing to drop major cash for gaming should go for the pc.

Aastii

VIP Member
Probably because he can play with people on live, while his game was bought cheaper, and looks hell of a lot better. This all comes down to your budget though. If you can't drop a lot of cash on a computer go console all the way, there decent, fun, and cheap. Anyone willing to drop major cash for gaming should go for the pc.

read the entire thread, the whole thing of "you got to pay a crap load for your pc" really doesn't work, you can game for the price of a console, upgrading with the money saved on games and no online subscriptions

dirtbikeryzz

read the entire thread, the whole thing of "you got to pay a crap load for your pc" really doesn't work, you can game for the price of a console, upgrading with the money saved on games and no online subscriptions

Like I said if you can't afford it then you have no choice between pc and console. Price is the only argument console fanboys have because the PC is superior in every way after that. And I have no idea what you even said in the rest of that???

Aastii

VIP Member
Like I said if you can't afford it then you have no choice between pc and console. Price is the only argument console fanboys have because the PC is superior in every way after that. And I have no idea what you even said in the rest of that???

lol :p If price is that much of a problem though, I would go with the PC not for games, but for otehr uses. You can do a hell of a lot more useful stuff on a PC (aswell as gaming) than you can on a console

dirtbikeryzz

lol :p If price is that much of a problem though, I would go with the PC not for games, but for otehr uses. You can do a hell of a lot more useful stuff on a PC (aswell as gaming) than you can on a console

I'm so lost here.... It's like you don't have a side and reply for no reason. lost

Aastii

VIP Member
I'm so lost here.... It's like you don't have a side and reply for no reason. lost

lol, no I am for PC, however I am not toally biased, I know that although PC offers more, consoles do have SOME good things going for them. Was trying to maybe get some kind of conversation about the pros and cons for each going, but never mind :p

Waht I said in my last reply was that if price where a massive factor, as in I don't have alot of money, but can just about afford one or the other, I would go for the PC, because I can game aswell as do alot of other useful stuff on it, which I wouldn't be able to do with a console