Phenom x4 Temps??

aviation_man

(specs in sig)
I looked into my Bios and it said my CPU temp is about 49C (Stock heatsink) and when I run Core Temp in my OS, it says the CPU is 40C idle.

Core Temp must be off or something? I'm Folding right now, and Core Temp says it's about 50C, does that mean my CPU is almost 60C??
Thanks guys.
And no, I didn't OC it.. Yet..

aviation_man

Did you try a different temps software try HWMonitor and see if it says the same thing.

HW monitor stays about the same as Core Temp does. Right now (while folding) it HWmon says about 48C, so does Core Temp. When I pause Folding, Core temp is 40C and HWMon is about 40-42C.

Fatback

VIP Member
HW monitor stays about the same as Core Temp does. Right now (while folding) it HWmon says about 48C, so does Core Temp. When I pause Folding, Core temp is 40C and HWMon is about 40-42C.

That sounds about right when I had the stock cooler on my phenom I used to idle around 40C-44C. Mine used to get up to 60C under load. Your temps seem pretty good for a stock cooler you are actually getting about the same temps I was when I was using stock cooler.

aviation_man

That sounds about right when I had the stock cooler on my phenom I used to idle around 40C-44C. Mine used to get up to 60C under load. Your temps seem pretty good for a stock cooler you are actually getting about the same temps I was when I was using stock cooler.

Hm. Ok. Thanks man.

But what about the Bios saying that it's 49C idle? Could the Bios be wrong?

Fatback

VIP Member
Both yours SATA?

Hm. How well does it cool it off? Have you OC'ed your CPU?

Yep both Sata my WD is faster then my Seagate.

It isn't a ton better then stock, idle right now is 37C and full load with 8 hours of prime95 was 50-52C. My idle temps went down 3C but my load temps went down about 10C.

LOL

Phenom I FTL...I'll whip you both

You don't count you can't compare your rig to ours:D

Fatback

VIP Member
LOL, how about my backup rig....it's still a Phenom II though, a 705e triple core. I just picked up a 780g motherboard for it today and it has a 9600gt.

nah you can't compare a phenom to a Phenom II. I'm pretty sure the worst Phenom II bests the Best Phenom.

2048Megabytes

I notice the idle temperatures on my Phenom 9550 95 Watt processor can get around 45 degrees Celsius. The Phenom 9950 125 Watt will run pretty hot. You may want to think about buying a new better quality heatsink to get your processor temperature down.

aviation_man

I notice the idle temperatures on my Phenom 9550 95 Watt processor can get around 45 degrees Celsius. The Phenom 9950 125 Watt will run pretty hot. You may want to think about buying a new better quality heatsink to get your processor temperature down.

Yeah that's what I've been wanting to do. I'm searching around for a good heatsink that will bring my temps down so I can OC.

87dtna

Whats your budget for a HSF?

If you need cheap, a great bang for the buck is the arctic freezer pro 64-

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835185125

If you got a few bucks more to spend, go straight for the V8-

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835103055

I have the geminII cooler-
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835103046

It's decent. With my CPU as a quad at 3.8 ghz and 1.50 Vcore, the CPU idles high 30's and tops out around 60c with Prime95 100% load. Bear in mind it's overclocked more than 20% and Vcore is pretty high to get that stable. The CPU never see's 100%, so in gaming it's gets to low to mid 50's. With the CPU as it's native dual core but at 3.8ghz and 1.425v temps never go above mid 40's.

Last edited: