Photo Tourny: Cityscapes

vroom_skies

VIP Member
Do u think that I am so stupid as to post someones work, and violate copy protection. I am a photography student, and that is serous stuff, you can loose your job,

I hate it when this stuff happens.

I honestly don't understand why people get offended at stuff like this.
You do know why they asks that right?
They ask it because it's a really nice and 'professional' looking photo... that they don't think you can take lol.
Take it as a compliment, because essentially that's what it is.

Speedy- I can scrounge around for another one. Maybe I've got something else in my obsessively large collection.

Bob

Last edited:

speedyink

VIP Member
Proof
Here is your proof.
Its mine

Check out the File size.

Do u think that I am so stupid as to post someones work, and violate copy protection. I am a photography student, and that is serous stuff, you can loose your job,

Ok, ok, no need to get uptight about it. Just with the "Denver, Colorado" at the bottom it looks like an Ad for Denver or something. Like Vroom said, take it as a compliment, the photo looks professional.

And Vroom, I'm Speedy, not Ben:p

TFT

VIP Member
Basically your'e all so damn good its unbelievable :D I didn't enter this one because mine is just not up to the standard (yet)

speedyink

VIP Member
Basically your'e all so damn good its unbelievable :D I didn't enter this one because mine is just not up to the standard (yet)

Lol, it does pose as a problem. Honestly I never really thought about it until this tourny:p

4NGU$

VIP Member

Photography student high five !!!

what level you at ?

i agree it is irritating when people think you would do this, but vroom is also right its sort of a compliment :)

diduknowthat

formerly liuliuboy
v6ho2r.jpg

vroom_skies

VIP Member
Ok Vroom, you have 20 minutes to change your photo. I wanna get this thing up before I go home from work:D

Eeek!
If you don't think that one fits go on without me. I didn't have much else since I haven't been to a good city location in awhile.

I'll leave it up to you,
Bob

speedyink

VIP Member
Alright, after many hours of consideration, I'm gonna have to leave you out of this one Vroom. I know you've almost been in every one of these, but I really don't think it fits as a cityscape. So your spot goes to diduknowthat.

I shall post it now

captain_ouzo

always knew that cities would cause problems !!LOL ...What an emotive theme this has turned out to be !...glad i live in a grass hut and only use my Box Brownie to take pics of the local dinosaurs .....lmao...can`t wait for the next theme ...SCRAPPPPPPP

Ben

VIP Member
Eeek!
If you don't think that one fits go on without me. I didn't have much else since I haven't been to a good city location in awhile.

I'll leave it up to you,
Bob

Alright, after many hours of consideration, I'm gonna have to leave you out of this one Vroom. I know you've almost been in every one of these, but I really don't think it fits as a cityscape. So your spot goes to diduknowthat.

I shall post it now

Don't take it too hard vroom, I didn't get involved in this one either :p I posted a picture this morning but for some reason photobucket resizing wasn't cooperating so it was ridiculously large. Seeing as I was in a crunch for time I just said "aw screw it" and deleted my post. I woulda lost anyways :rolleyes: (Or won for the 4th time in a row :D )

vroom_skies

VIP Member

I shall post it now

Ha, sorry for the tough decision. :p

Don't take it too hard vroom, I didn't get involved in this one either :p I posted a picture this morning but for some reason photobucket resizing wasn't cooperating so it was ridiculously large. Seeing as I was in a crunch for time I just said "aw screw it" and deleted my post. I woulda lost anyways :rolleyes: (Or won for the 4th time in a row :D )

Mmmh, indeed. What I always forget is who is voting. I look at stuff in a artistic/ photographers point of view. So I'm looking to see if the shot is technically accurate and if it just works well as a photo etc. When most people here just vote based upon a shot that looks cool or has some connection with them, which obviously is expected.

So here I am posting B&W's that most people probably think are out right boring lol :eek:

Bob

Vizy

Ha, sorry for the tough decision. :p

Mmmh, indeed. What I always forget is who is voting. I look at stuff in a artistic/ photographers point of view. So I'm looking to see if the shot is technically accurate and if it just works well as a photo etc. When most people here just vote based upon a shot that looks cool or has some connection with them, which obviously is expected.

So here I am posting B&W's that most people probably think are out right boring lol :eek:

Bob

Damn dude. I was eating a bowl of cookies and cream while surfing the forum. If your B&W pic was on...i would've voted.:D

Ben

VIP Member

Bob

I do agree. A lot of the voting is definitely...different, compared to a normal photographers point of view. It might be just me, but I have definitely noticed a voting style similarity (if that makes any sense) between a few of us.

Ramodkk

VIP Member
I have definitely noticed a voting style similarity (if that makes any sense) between a few of us.

Well you got that right, there's one trend that never changes. Cohen always votes for OMEGA no matter what. :p