Playstation 3

jjsevdt

... im getting a bank loan and i have my one and only car as collateral.

He said earlier he was getting a loan with his car as collateral, but I don't necessarillay believe it. I don't know many banks that will loan to minors (his profile says 17, i know that may not be the case)

I just can't believe he's going to openly offer to sell to us at 2.5x the retail price AND charge for shipping. If someone actually bought one, just be a man and overnight the thing.

1500 - 600 (Retail PS3) - 50 (shipping) - 50 (Friend's Payment) = 800 profit.

The math still ends up in your favor.

Maddhatter

ok...lol

lets do some math here.....you expect to make $10k you started with $14k you're giving each friend $150 thats $3k from $10k you're left with half of what you started with. Now where exactly is that profit part coming in at?

Geoff

VIP Member
I dont remember exactly, but i'll pretend bebopin has 20 friends doing this.

20 x $150 = $3,000 (cost of money to friends)
20 x $600 = $12,000 (cost of PS3's)
20 x $100 = $2,000 (apprx. eBay and other fees)
Total Cost: $17,000

20 x $1,500 (apprx. eBay value)
Total Profit: $30,000

Profit - Cost = $13,000 PROFIT

bebopin64

[-0MEGA-];490859 said:
I dont remember exactly, but i'll pretend bebopin has 20 friends doing this.

20 x $150 = $3,000 (cost of money to friends)
20 x $600 = $12,000 (cost of PS3's)
20 x $100 = $2,000 (apprx. eBay and other fees)
Total Cost: $17,000

20 x $1,500 (apprx. eBay value)
Total Profit: $30,000

Profit - Cost = $13,000 PROFIT

thats was the original plan but i made another post a couple pages back saying how i decided to keep it simple and only get 8. im going to make $5600 of those 8 which is still going to be quite a bit of money. and the ebay fees you calculated are quite high.

Jet

VIP Member
thats was the original plan but i made another post a couple pages back saying how i decided to keep it simple and only get 8. im going to make $5600 of those 8 which is still going to be quite a bit of money. and the ebay fees you calculated are quite high.

You can't get off cheap when you are selling more than $12,000 worth of PS3s :p

Geoff

VIP Member

You can expect to pay around $50-$100 fees for eBay, per PS3, depending on the options you choose to advertise it, and the final selling price. Then theres the PayPal fees if you pay that way.

Jet

VIP Member
[-0MEGA-];490993 said:
You can expect to pay around $50-$100 fees for eBay, depending on the otions you choose to advertise it, and the final selling price. Then theres the PayPal fees if you pay that way.

Aren't they 3% or something? (that's $360) Not that I'm saying that you won't have a lot of profit nonetheless. I wouldn't want to be your friend...ripping them off :)

bebopin64

He said earlier he was getting a loan with his car as collateral, but I don't necessarillay believe it. I don't know many banks that will loan to minors (his profile says 17, i know that may not be the case)

I just can't believe he's going to openly offer to sell to us at 2.5x the retail price AND charge for shipping. If someone actually bought one, just be a man and overnight the thing.

1500 - 600 (Retail PS3) - 50 (shipping) - 50 (Friend's Payment) = 800 profit.

The math still ends up in your favor.

my dad is in on the load too. its a joint type of thing. and overnighting a ps3 would cost at least $100. i dont want to be down $800 bucks to be a "man". or with original plan $2000.

bebopin64

[-0MEGA-];490993 said:
You can expect to pay around $50-$100 fees for eBay, per PS3, depending on the options you choose to advertise it, and the final selling price. Then theres the PayPal fees if you pay that way.

i have a good ebay account though i have the feedback to sell 8 with one auction.

bebopin64

Aren't they 3% or something? (that's $360) Not that I'm saying that you won't have a lot of profit nonetheless. I wouldn't want to be your friend...ripping them off :)

i feel kinda bad ripping them off like this but they all know that they would make much more if they sold them themselves, they just dont have the money to do that. im gonna throw a limo party for my friends though.

Jet

VIP Member
my dad is in on the load too. its a joint type of thing. and overnighting a ps3 would cost at least $100. i dont want to be down $800 bucks to be a "man". or with original plan $2000.

A tip: you will probably get enough extra with adding at least free shipping to negate any extra expense.

Maddhatter

just curious if you've even considered the pre orders? since pre orders are shipped out first so there's likely not going to be anything there when you get to the stores

bebopin64

just curious if you've even considered the pre orders? since pre orders are shipped out first so there's likely not going to be anything there when you get to the stores

its kind of insulting that you would think that might trip me up. there are no pre orders at frys.

Geoff

VIP Member
I got a coupon for 10% anything at best buy the 12-17th, so if I get a PS3, I get an additional $60 off :p

bebopin64

WELL no more ps3's because fry's decided to all of a sudden start letting people line up midnight tonight. so i guess all the spoiles ass little kids that have parents who will do anything for them is gonna get them. I NOW HATE FRYS ABSOLUTELY FOR LYING TO ME AND ABOUT 10,000 OTHER PEOPLE JUST TO HELP A FEW PEOPLE THAT CALLED UP AND COMPLAINED

WELL no more ps3's because fry's decided to all of a sudden start letting people line up midnight tonight. so i guess all the spoiles ass little kids that have parents who will do anything for them is gonna get them. I NOW HATE FRYS ABSOLUTELY FOR LYING TO ME AND ABOUT 10,000 OTHER PEOPLE JUST TO HELP A FEW PEOPLE THAT CALLED UP AND COMPLAINED

That sucks....I hope there isn't already a line at my local BestBuy.....

edit, damn, i just called them, and it turns out they started lining up at noon today, and there's about 20 people.

Last edited: