Please help, Got my motherboard replacement, but Im having different problems now,

wbt50

Heat sink is in fine. The fans are running fine. I doubt its the CPU if I get a short beep during POST.

wbt50

Ill try and use the PSU from my other system to see if I have a display with that.

Edit - Unfortunately I can't do that. Both the cables from PSU don't reach. I would have to remove the PSU and it looks unremovable without breaking something along the way.

I've sent an email to scan.co.uk asking to return the RAM and the PSU.

Can I do anything until I get a response by scan ?

Last edited:

wbt50

I'm going to leave my computer to the side until I get a new motherboard, RAM and PSU. With that there shouldn't be any problems at all I hope.

Is it possible that my motherboard got corrupted somehow because I used the hard drive with all the previous data still on there ?

wolfeking

banned
no. It is not possible. The data on your hard drive has little interaction with the BIOS. One or the other could be corrupt, but unlikely.

wbt50

OK, I really need my system working ASAP now.

Will buying a new Motherboard,PSU and RAM guarrantee that it will be working ? (I'll return the rest and hope for a refund)

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Try this.

Reset your cmos by doing the following.

Unplug the power supply from the wall outlet, remove the cmos battery, press the power button on the case for 10 seconds, then wait 10 minutes. Reinsert the battery, reconnect power. Remove the HDD, cdroms and any other devices from the PSU. Only have onboard video, 1 stick of ram, mouse, keyboard and try booting up.

wbt50

Tried it with no luck at all :/

If I just buy a new motherboard, PSU and RAM, is it more or less guaranteed to be working then ?

spirit

Staff member
G.Skill RipJaws-X 1600MHz and good 600-650W PSU from Corsair, OCZ, XFX or Seasonic.

spirit

Staff member
If it's not much more then yeah go fir it, but if it's quite a bit more don't bother.

You won't see any difference between 1600 and 1866 most likely.

wbt50

Ordered new RAM and asked for the motherboard to be RMA'd. Can't afford a new PSU at the moment though.

I'll just try again with a new Gigabyte motherboard and RAM and hope it's not the PSU.

I doubt it's the PSU since after the first motherboard died, it still seemed to work fine when I had display on the second motherboard.

wbt50

So will that test everything that could be wrong on the PSU ?

If this test is good, the PSU will be good ?

wbt50

Sorry to be a pain again :D

Since I'll be using a new motherboard, what will happen to my drives since they contain data from the ASUS motherboard ?

Also, how do I contact Microsoft in order to receive a new license code because of my issues with the motherboard ?

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Are you getting the same model of motherboard or getting a totally different model? If different model then you'll have to contact MS for a new code.

The only thing that tester won't test is when its under load. It will only show you the voltages.