Please help, Got my motherboard replacement, but Im having different problems now,

wbt50

OK, Possible breakthrough.

Tried the "possible bad RAM" in my old system. Got RAM error beep code.
Could it be that the RAM isn't compatible ? It's DDR3 and fits perfectly, but the system is 4 years old.

wbt50

After replacing the original RAM in my old system.
Windows had to go through Windows start up repair and restore the PC to an earlier point.
So I guess it's bad RAM. But, how come there was no display when I tried the old RAM in this computer ?
And why doesn't the new motherboard beep if it's bad RAM ?

wbt50

This doesn't make sense at all now. If the RAM is bad, which it most likely is, how come that the RAM from my old computer. Which works fine, doesn't get any display on the screen ?

I just can't see me getting this system working now :/

wolfeking

banned
It could be that it is just not compatible.

Is there a light next to the MemOK button? If so, reset the UEFI and try again. Or you can try pushing the memOK button. It will set it to compatible settings when you do that.

wbt50

Done that and its exactly the same. POST fine with one short beep but no display.

What can I do now ?

wolfeking

banned
Try the GPU. It could be as simple as the onboard GPU is broken. Could also be that it is set to use PCIe for display.

wolfeking

banned
If it is not working with known functional memory, and the memory that was in it does not work in another machine, then I am calling it PSU. Take the memory from the old machine and stick it back in the old machine.

Chances are that you are looking at either overvolting from teh PSU, or undervolting causing damage. Could also be a bad motherboard, but unlikely twice in a row.

wbt50

I can't test the PSU for atleast a couple of days.

Should I try the PSU from the old system ? Its a 380Watt lite one with a 24pin and a 4 pin instead of the 8pin the motherboard, but it should be enough to power it without the GPU right ?

wolfeking

banned
should be. Try it and see if it does anything.

though if your PSU is bad, you may have more than just a PSU to replace.

wbt50

Its too much of a hassle to try the other PSU now. The cables don't reach, I would have to take everything apart.

wbt50

What I don't understand is, how come my old PC beeps when I use the bad ram in it and the new motherboard doesn't.