Post A Pic Of Your Pc Here :)

spirit

Staff member
87dtna said:
Interesting though that your idle is 48c even at .9v. What thermal paste are you using?
I honestly have no clue. :D Like I said I purchased the CPU, Mobo and RAM as a bundle, so all the paste was already applied.

jonnyp11

if you can i'd say go ahead and buy some good thermal paste and a hyper 212 plus, that way you can overclock that now, and when you upgrade if you get 1155 it will still work with that and be good.

itsaferbie

^This^

I have a Hyper 212 EVO and with my i5 2500K OC to 4.0Ghz it only reaches 55c when in Intel burn test(yes max setting). Its a great cooler for the price. And that's with the stock paste. I ordered some MX-4 and will try that once my HDD comes in so I can install it and do my paste at the same time.

spirit

Staff member
if you can i'd say go ahead and buy some good thermal paste and a hyper 212 plus, that way you can overclock that now, and when you upgrade if you get 1155 it will still work with that and be good.
What I've got is fine at the moment, I'm not interested in overclocking my CPU right now (or ever actually probably) so I don't think I'll rush out and buy new thermal paste just yet, but thanks for the suggestion. I may upgrade to a newer CPU, GPU and motherboard come the release of Ivy-Bridge and Kepler later on this year because by then my setup will be getting on for 2 years old, but we'll see how I'm doing for money and whether I'd warrant the upgrade from my current setup or not.

lovely?

Asus board doesnt overclock, but the 2500k doesnt hold me back in games yet so im ok without that. i couldn't live without unlocking the 6950 though, so thats been done. i dont think theres a quarter centimeter of space from the end of my video card to the front of the case :D procrastinating but lets see if i can get a few pictures in now

Last edited:

spirit

Staff member
Just out of interest, does anybody here think it would be worthwhile upgrading from an i5 760 to perhaps a 2500 or a 2500k and upgrading from a SATA II Foxconn H55M-s board to a SATA III Z68 or P67 board? I play games every now and then (Dirt 3 mainly) but I do a lot of video encoding and I run virtual machines. I have a Crucial M4 SATA III SSD by the way and at the moment it's running on SATA II and no I can't put in a SATA III card to make it run faster because my GTS 450 covers up the only and only PCIe x1 slot. Stupid board. >.<

Jamebonds1

Just out of interest, does anybody here think it would be worthwhile upgrading from an i5 760 to perhaps a 2500 or a 2500k and upgrading from a SATA II Foxconn H55M-s board to a SATA III Z68 or P67 board? I play games every now and then (Dirt 3 mainly) but I do a lot of video encoding and I run virtual machines. I have a Crucial M4 SATA III SSD by the way and at the moment it's running on SATA II and no I can't put in a SATA III card to make it run faster because my GTS 450 covers up the only and only PCIe x1 slot. Stupid board. >.<

Getting motherboard ATX XL :D It is biggest motherboard with more space PCIe.

spirit

Staff member
Jamesbonds1 said:
Getting motherboard ATX XL It is biggest motherboard with more space PCIe.
Not sure if the NZXT Lexa S supports this type of board. :-/ Do you reckon rather than upgrading the CPU and motherboard I should just get the ASUS P7P55D-E board which is a SATA III ATX board for the 1156 CPUs?

Jamebonds1

Not sure if the NZXT Lexa S supports this type of board. :-/ Do you reckon rather than upgrading the CPU and motherboard I should just get the ASUS P7P55D-E board which is a SATA III ATX board for the 1156 CPUs?

No it won't fit in your tower, unless it is full tower that have 9 PCI lane.

To be honest. I don't really like Foxconn for reason. Plus, I like Gigabyte better for more stable and dualBIOS.

Also there is many people who have problem with ASUS as well. So read review careful.

Last edited:

spirit

Staff member
hmmmm I probably won't go for the upgrade to a newer mobo and CPU, just gonna cost too much and I don't think there's much point buying an 1156 mobo in this day and age and the i5 760 is still perfectly adequate for me. :)

87dtna

New PSU in anticipation for gtx580 arrival next week. Seasonic 760w modular.

newpsu.jpg

spirit

Staff member
Got a new mobo (see sig!!) but sadly my cable management isn't as good as it was now, will post up some pics later maybe...

spirit

Staff member
Jamesbonds1 said:
Congrats. I notice NXZT tower have good cable management right?
Cheers buddy! The board is great! :) The NZXT Lexa S doesn't have bad cable management from my experience, but sometimes it can be a bit of a tight squeeze to fit the panels back on once you've got cables snaking all over the back of the motherboard tray. So overall the cable management features on the Lexa S aren't bad but they can be a pain. And yes, welcome back 87dtna!

Last edited:

spirit

Staff member
Right OK so here is my PC with it's lovely new board!

DSCF1639-Copy.jpg

DSCF1640-Copy.jpg

So as we can see I upgraded from a mATX board to an ATX board. I went from a Foxconn H55M-S to an ASUS P7P55D-E. The reason for the upgrade was because I accidentally ruined my Foxconn with a bad BIOS update (I posted a thread about it on this forum) and then my machine would no longer post, so rather than go out and buy an 1155 CPU and a new 1155 board I bought the best 1156 board I could lay my hands on. This P7P55D-E supports SATA 6GB/s and USB 3.0 and the SATA 6GB/s with AHCI enabled has sped up my PC no end. The board still retails for about £115 on Amazon, but I picked up this used but mint (and when I say mint everything was still sealed! Must've never been used!) board for £80 + £8 shipping on eBay. So really pleased and much prefer this board!

Regarding my cable management, I spent all of last night and most of today trying to get the board to work properly with all 8GBs of my RAM (had some blue screens but after adjusting the latency in the BIOS everything is now fine) and also trying to get the board to work with my Blu-Ray drive but I got there in the end, so that's why the cables are kind of everywhere. I don't really want to put the power connector behind the tray again because it was such a tight fit last time and I don't want to crack the board, so that's running lose but most of the cables are behind the board. I don't think it looks too bad but hey it works, so... yep! The board came with black right-angled SATA cables with locks on them so I replaced all my horrible red/purple cables with the black cables and I think that alone makes my rig look so much better - really like the blue/white/black colour scheme ASUS used on the board (and I of course love their coolers!), and it goes well with the case and the PSU which are both also blue and black. Also dusted off my CPU cooler when I replaced the board as well as remove that DVD-RW drive so now only the Blu-Ray drive is in the PC. That DVD-RW drive broke, when I pulled the SATA data cable out of it I pulled the plastic bit that covers the SATA pins off on the data connection on the drive, so both the drive and the cable are useless now. :eek:

Last edited: