Post A Pic Of Your Pc Here :)

MyCattMaxx

lol these pipes bursting and leaking all over my PC parts has about the same chance as your house burning down to the ground so by that reasoning you should move all your stuff outside before it burns up.
Where is that "like" button at? :good:

Jamebonds1

Sewer pipes are not what I call ''water pipes'' as your previous post said. My house also does have cast iron sewer pipes, but as said by someone else these are steam pipes for the heating.

If they would ever leak or break I'd have a lot more problems than damaging my PC components. But since my house was built in 1908, and they have never leaked in the 6 years I've been here, pretty sure I'm OK.

As former metal shop student, iron is tend to be broke easy than steel do.

yep. Sure is. And I barely ever use it. I do a lot of the math in my head and just check it on there.

You're good at math? :) I was in College Trigonometry last years.

wolfeking

banned
last year is what I think you mean. if it is more than one year then you say last few years.

And I am great at math when I don't think about it. If I start thinking actively about it I start making mistakes.

jonnyp11

last year is what I think you mean. if it is more than one year then you say last few years.

And I am great at math when I don't think about it. If I start thinking actively about it I start making mistakes.

I hate when that happens, you get stuck in the complex formulas a page long then mess up on simple arithmatic or hit the wrong thing on the calculator and it all goes down the crapper

87dtna

As former metal shop student, iron is tend to be broke easy than steel do.

I would hope so since the entire point of the invention of steel was to be stronger than iron. Steel is mostly iron anyway, with some carbon in it. But straight iron for pipes is just fine.

voyagerfan99

Master of Turning Things Off and Back On Again
Staff member
I don't care for mATX boards myself. Not enough expansion room and everything is too cramped.

Aastii

VIP Member
Told him the same thing, and everybody started yelling at me.He is awful at english, he should have joined a computer forum his language.

He is understandable if sometimes gramatically incorrect and can understand what we are all saying. There is no harm in coming on and trying to improve your written word by being around those that speak the language as their native tongue, especially if the discussions tend to be around a subject you are interested in.

English is your first language, however:

I told him the same thing[NO COMMA HERE] and everybody started yelling at me. [Space after fullstop, always]He is awful at English, he should have joined a computer forum which speaks his language.

You don't speak correct English, but we understand what you are trying to say ;)

@87, if the pipe is still used as a steam pipe, does it not adversely affect the temperature of the computer with it being pretty close, or does it not affect it any more than having a radiator on in the room?

I don't care for mATX boards myself. Not enough expansion room and everything is too cramped.

Not so good for cooling, but they tend to use less power, making them ideal for a "general use" system or for a cheaper alternative to run if you don't plan on getting multiple video cards and a tonne of hard drives (though the power draw difference isn't great enough to save more than a few p/c a year :p)

Last edited:

87dtna

@87, if the pipe is still used as a steam pipe, does it not adversely affect the temperature of the computer with it being pretty close, or does it not affect it any more than having a radiator on in the room?

The pipes' metal is so thick it more or less just radiates heat so yeah the latter. It's only used in winter of course. In fact, the rest of the pipes have insulation on them......I took it off in this spot so it heats that corner in the winter time as it can get pretty chilly down there. On an average winter day (20's or 30's here) it's probably only mid to upper 60's in that corner. With the insulation still on it was right around 60.

Last edited:

wolfeking

banned
moved the television onto the desk, so redone the cables, and *&%^ the coaxial cable is too short, so had to move the desk back against the wall. Definately do not like the look at all. :(

anyway, here it is just before the push back to the wall. Blue VGA is coming off the D630, as is the audio to TV cable there, but it is not detailed enough to see it. And the computer power cord is too short to reach up to the management bundle, so it is on the floor.
GEDC0573.jpg

here is the final product. Hate it, and had to find somewhere quick to do with my collection, so it went in a stack under the desk and 2 are in a corner across the room.
GEDC0577.jpg

and
GEDC0578.jpg

out of focus, but from the bottom up it is a HP G61 that works sometimes, and the M90 as well as games/movies and tools.
GEDC0579.jpg

Router, glasses and letter. :)
GEDC0580.jpg

stuff. Got the second HDD from the M90 and the DVD drive from it setting there.
GEDC0581.jpg

D630 and stuff.
GEDC0582.jpg

now, I need to go clean it up and do it again.