Post A Pic Of Your Pc Here :)

The VCR King

Is it possible that my second card is dead or something?

I would diagnose somewhere between layer 8 and PEBKAC.

Seems kind of weird they would remove one, though.

When MicroCenter could not get the PC to boot, they kept blaming my dual crossfire bridges and they removed one of the bridges and threw it in the waste bin.

Last edited by a moderator:

The VCR King

If you download and run GPU-Z does it say they are running in CrossFire?

Have you tried reinstalling drivers using the method I suggested here? http://www.computerforum.com/230120-ati-radeon-6900-driver-update-help.html#post1935091
I have reinstalled the drivers earlier but it is late now so I'll download GPU-Z tomorrow and give you the results.

In Speccy, both of my Radeons are displayed and both of them are giving me a temperature reading, but I have ONE display plugged into ONE of the cards so I have no honest idea why the second card is showing that it is in use and giving me a temp. reading.

I do a lot of video publishing videos in Movie Maker for YouTube Poop edits and compilations, so maybe the second card gets used to render the videos?

Well then why are my cards not crossfiring?

because if you instal ccc driver, you have to go to performance settings, and enable crossfire there.
And maybe you have to disable ulps (Ultra low power state).
you can do that using msi afterburner, and true regedit.
So go to your regeistry (run: regedit) and search for "EnableUlps" and set it to "0".

Last edited:

The VCR King

I used CCC to do my driver and reset my resolution to native monitior resolution when I reimaged the PC. I will go into CCC and try to enable Crossfire. Hold on a few minutes.

CCC said that CrossfireX was already enabled so I am currently downloading GPU-Z to see if it is TRUE.

According to GPU-Z ATI CrossFire is ENABLED. So does that mean I am crossfiring right now?

type regedit in the run box, when regedit is open go to the tab edit there go to search and type EnableUlps and hit f3 then it shows up.

change the 1 to 0 and restart the pc, but you can also disable it with msi afterburner, trixx, evga presion. but I like to do it to the register

spirit

Staff member
According to GPU-Z ATI CrossFire is ENABLED. So does that mean I am crossfiring right now?

Yeah you're running in CrossFire. You will of course only have one display plugged into one of the cards if you have one monitor, but the cards are running together.

Virssagòn

VIP Member
Well, just installed a mini ITX Z97I board from MSI.
Funny to see this board inside a Full Tower case :)
qXlMyuUl.jpg

After the installation of cables and GPU:
2talxcAl.jpg

The VCR King

I just set EnableULPS to 0 and I am about to restart the Beast.

Great. Now it says BOOTMGR is missing and now I am with my win7 disc to fix it.

Thanks a lot for your great advice. Now bootmgr is missing and my PC is bricked.

Nice going, JERKS!

Startup repair isn't working so I'll have to reinstall windows!!!!!

Okedokey

Dude, whats up? Where's your post about this issue?

Delete all those posts above and post a new thread and PM me or let me know here and ill help you.

Last edited: