Post A Pic Of Your Pc Here :)

C4C

As of today I built my machine (minus the GPU, it's still in the mail)..

But this thing is QUIET running at idle..

Pictures soon

Darren

Staff member
How did you run it without the GPU?

Also, my GPU is like 70% of my noise, even with one tiny fan

I've found that for me and most systems I see the main source of noise is either a crappy stock HSF and then followed by case fans plugged in to the PSU at full blast. My brothers machine had the stock 8320 cooler on it and had 5 120mm fans on full blast at all times. That thing was louder than my Phantom when he was in his room down the hall and my Phantom was sitting at my feet. I have about 3 more fans than him, but also a fan controller. For his birthday I bought him a CM T4 cooler and it's much quieter now. :D

I almost never hear GPU noise unless I'm doing benches or something and I notice it immediately kick up to 100 percent usage.

C4C

It's called onboard video ;)

My MSI board doesn't have onboard video....?

I connected it to the VGA port and no signal. Swapped the VGA cable and the same thing happened.. Not sure if there's a switch but the 280X get's here on tuesday..

voyagerfan99

Master of Turning Things Off and Back On Again
Staff member
My MSI board doesn't have onboard video....?

I connected it to the VGA port and no signal. Swapped the VGA cable and the same thing happened.. Not sure if there's a switch but the 280X get's here on tuesday..

You must not have an APU processor then.

ninjabubbles3

My computer is weird, right after startup, its really loud for a second, then it becomes quieter after that, then again,really loud when under,load

Thinkinh about getting some Corsair Quiet Edition fans now

Geoff

VIP Member
My computer is weird, right after startup, its really loud for a second, then it becomes quieter after that, then again,really loud when under,load

It's normal for fans to rotate faster when under load.

Darren

Staff member

It's not unusual for your CPU fan to kick on at full speed when it first boots up. Same with case fans if they're connected to the motherboard.

C4C

Black Friday brought "Eva" to life

Here we go... Hope my images aren't too big...

My cable management wasn't the best at the beginning, but it improved a bit (still not the best).

I don't have have my graphics card yet which will definitely fill up quite a bit of this case.
Love how this build has come pout so far. Everything matches up and fits perfectly!

But, this board/case combo is very flimsy on the bottom right corner (no screw holes on the case).. Might have to think of something..

DSC_0029_zps96fffeb6.jpg

DSC_0028_zps2b12fb15.jpg

DSC_0055_zpsca2d1257.jpg

DSC_0056_zps5dfb8635.jpg

Last edited: