Post A Pic Of Your Pc Here :)

voyagerfan99

Master of Turning Things Off and Back On Again
Staff member
Moving to a full size case won't make cable management any better. It all depends on the case itself. If it's a low end case, cable management will be crap. My case is a mid-tower and I have no issue with cable management.

2n9hyr.jpg

NikonGuy

banned
Moving to a full size case won't make cable management any better. It all depends on the case itself. If it's a low end case, cable management will be crap. My case is a mid-tower and I have no issue with cable management.

2n9hyr.jpg

So beautiful :D

My case was like $25? Somewhere around there. Was very cheap. Best I could get for the price, still cheap.

87dtna

Voyager I wouldn't be so proud of that ''cable management'' if I were you lol.

In the green circle, those could all be tied together for a clean look. In the red circle, those wires should be tucked under the VRM heatsinks to hide them. The blue circle, just a cable laying there for no reason. And then of course there's the WTF cable running to the back of your PC. It's one thing to just say that a good case can make cable management a lot better, then it's another thing to still suck at cable management with a good case LOL. And BTW you do realize that you card leaning down like that puts bad stress on the x16 port and will eventually short it out right? Do yourself a favor and get a card support bracket of some sort, or ditch those stupid tool-less snaps that don't really hold the card in and screw it on.

The biggest step to cable management is a modular power supply. A good case is second, but not absolutely mandatory to atleast having half decent looking cable management.
Having things zip tied together, everything uniform, is the biggest key to a clean look.

This was a $40 case that didn't have the greatest cable management, but looks 1/2 decent. But notice the cables at the top right, keeping them all tight together gives a clean look. But like I said a modular power supply is pretty much mandatory for a clean look. If I had 3-4 more cables, it would have completely crapped up that build because I already have almost no where to put the cables that I did use.

And then I'll show a build I did of a case with good cable management, this was an $80 case IIRC-

Last edited:

Jamebonds1

I have thermaltake armor 60a but soon time to replace it cause usb port are broken.

That or created the other thread with my name as the title. I still don't know why you want to be here so bad.

Ha. I would know that it is him because he is lack of seriously.

About slack wire....... I only say that because it is more clean and give good air flow.

Last edited:

voyagerfan99

Staff member
And then of course there's the WTF cable running to the back of your PC.

The "WTF" cable is the rear fan cable. There's nowhere to run it, so I run it along the back side of the case.

The card bends slightly downward due to the Clear CMOS button cap.

Also, you don't need to sound like a dick when you critique people.

I'll be stripping the entire thing down to give it its bi-annual cleaning. Maybe once I finish it will meet with "the masters" approval.

87dtna

The "WTF" cable is the rear fan cable. There's nowhere to run it, so I run it along the back side of the case.

Are you saying the rear 120mm fan? If so there's 2 options. First, you could have removed the bottom expansion slot bracket and just ran it out the case there. Second, you can actually fit a cable that small up underneath your expansion cards very close to the end of the case, there's a gap there between the motherboard and your cards. Here's a pic to help show you where I mean-

Thats a bad reason, bending the PCB of the card like that is also bad for shorting out circuits prematurely. Doesn't the cap come off? It's only like 1/8'' above the sata ports, thats enough to conflict with the card?

ninjabubbles3

Running fan cables around heatsinks is a really good idea, it made my build tons neater.

My next case is an NZXT h440. Beautiful and great cable management

NikonGuy

banned

Also, you don't need to sound like a dick when you critique people.

I'll be stripping the entire thing down to give it its bi-annual cleaning. Maybe once I finish it will meet with "the masters" approval.

Are you saying the rear 120mm fan? If so there's 2 options. First, you could have removed the bottom expansion slot bracket and just ran it out the case there. Second, you can actually fit a cable that small up underneath your expansion cards very close to the end of the case, there's a gap there between the motherboard and your cards. Here's a pic to help show you where I mean-

Thats a bad reason, bending the PCB of the card like that is also bad for shorting out circuits prematurely. Doesn't the cap come off? It's only like 1/8'' above the sata ports, thats enough to conflict with the card?
Travis,
:good:

Matthew, its his computer for gods sake. I didnt notice a single cable issue. If you dont want to have a single cable in sight do it in your own computer. The only odd thing I noticed was the leaning gpu lol.

And yes you came off as a total dick.

Last edited:

87dtna

I didnt notice a single cable issue.

Blind in one eye and can't see out the other? I pointed them out clearly.

If you dont want to have a single cable in sight do it in your own computer

I was replying to the statement(s) he made concerning cable management. He gave his opinion, I corrected it with fact.

And yes you came off as a total dick.

I don't care, the truth is the truth. Sometimes the truth hurts, but IMO it's the two faced lies that hurt more.....by telling someone their PC looks great when you actually know it's not. Sorry I don't lie, I don't just tell people what they want to hear. If I critique someone about something I better damn well know how to do it well myself. After all, the whole point of this thread is to show your PC to see what other people think. My opinion is that the cable management isn't that great, but the fact that he thinks it is made me point out the flaws so he can improve!

Last edited:

voyagerfan99

Staff member
I never said it was phenomenal. Most of the time the side panel is hidden on the side of the desk anyway, so nobody ever sees it. Airflow is fine, so I haven't been nit picky about it.

NikonGuy

banned
Blind in one eye and can't see out the other? I pointed them out clearly.

I was replying to the statement(s) he made concerning cable management. He gave his opinion, I corrected it with fact.

Just because it's correct in YOUR OPINION means 0. There is no such thing as "Correct" cable management. Either the owner of the Pc wants/likes it that way or not. There is no, " Ok this cable belongs here and that one there". NO. You can say if this were my computer I'd do this, NOT this is a fact you are doing it wrong. And lets say there is a 100% correct way to manege your cables ( which there isn't ) who the hell are you to say what it is. In my case, ( Yes in both ways ) my cables are 99% correct. There near 0 room behind my motherboard to put anything, I could have run the top fan cable under the panel but that's it. Just with the way my case is build and there the mobo sits etc, this is pretty much the best cables can get, and I've spent hours trying different routes. And running cables outside of the case, well that's just dumb.

87dtna

Just because it's correct in YOUR OPINION means 0. There is no such thing as "Correct" cable management. Either the owner of the Pc wants/likes it that way or not. There is no, " Ok this cable belongs here and that one there". NO. You can say if this were my computer I'd do this, NOT this is a fact you are doing it wrong. And lets say there is a 100% correct way to manege your cables ( which there isn't ) who the hell are you to say what it is. In my case, ( Yes in both ways ) my cables are 99% correct. There near 0 room behind my motherboard to put anything, I could have run the top fan cable under the panel but that's it. Just with the way my case is build and there the mobo sits etc, this is pretty much the best cables can get, and I've spent hours trying different routes. And running cables outside of the case, well that's just dumb.

There sure is a lot of people in the PC world that agree with me, just try googling proper PC cable management and you'll see the same things I just told you.
Who am I to say? Well, I'm a guy that has hundreds of pc builds under my belt. Do you? How many have you built? 1? 2? I can 100% guarantee you that I can make your PC look 200+% better than you have it, and yes with that case and all the same hardware. It would be way better with a modular power supply, but I've made do a hundred times without one so it's not a huge deal.

I'm glad you agree that running cables outside is dumb, thats kind of why I showed him a way how to fix that ;)

NikonGuy

banned
There sure is a lot of people in the PC world that agree with me, just try googling proper PC cable management and you'll see the same things I just told you.
Who am I to say? Well, I'm a guy that has hundreds of pc builds under my belt. Do you? How many have you built? 1? 2? I can 100% guarantee you that I can make your PC look 200+% better than you have it, and yes with that case and all the same hardware. It would be way better with a modular power supply, but I've made do a hundred times without one so it's not a huge deal.

I'm glad you agree that running cables outside is dumb, thats kind of why I showed him a way how to fix that ;)

200% Lmfao. Sure go on YouTube there are many people who say HOW to manage cables, that is just how THEY WANT TO DO AND HOW THEY KNOW HOW .

Any one who says this is a fact this I'm right because i've put together Pc's is just as dumb as the next guy.

I'm no expert, but I know for a fact You are wrong.

Let people manage cables how they feel is right, doesn't make anyone else right or wrong.

And telling someone how you think the setup can be improved can be done in a much more pleasant suggestive way, Not like a condescending dick. Truth only "hurts" if you want it to hurt.

87dtna

200% Lmfao. Sure go on YouTube there are many people who say HOW to manage cables, that is just how THEY WANT TO DO AND HOW THEY KNOW HOW .

Any one who says this is a fact this I'm right because i've put together Pc's is just as dumb as the next guy.

I'm no expert, but I know for a fact You are wrong.

Let people manage cables how they feel is right, doesn't make anyone else right or wrong.

And telling someone how you think the setup can be improved can be done in a much more pleasant suggestive way, Not like a condescending dick. Truth only "hurts" if you want it to hurt.

lol of course a novice like you would think I was talking about you tube video's. I don't watch you tube video's on PC stuff, I go to respected review websites for my info. It's quite clear you are no expert, you reject solid cable management tips from an expert simply because I came off brash? Fine, go ahead and keep sucking at cable management just because you don't like the way I correct you. BTW thats usually stuff my 4 year old does.

You are apparently very confused to what I'm talking about when I said facts. I never said the exact way that I said to run each cable was the fact, but the general statements that I made is what are facts. Such as, tying cables together and running them together gives a cleaner look....modular PSU is one of the most important things for cable management.....you can still make a semi clean look even with a cheap case and non modular PSU by applying certain techniques. Those are what the facts are, and I only pointed out the things in his build that don't conform to those facts.

According to you, good cable management is purely subjective. Thats nonsense. I don't know any respected PC builder that would consider several cables just aimlessly flopping around good cable management. But because he thinks it's good, that makes it good? Again, nonsense. Yeah sure he may not know any better, but that doesn't make the job that he did good. Thats like a novice mechanic that doesn't know to replace the seal when he replaces a water pump on a car. Now it leaks, but he didn't know any better. Does that mean he did a good job? Of course not.

You absolutely cannot have a statement like ''good cable management'' and there not be a standard to conform to. What makes it good? What makes it managed? Do you know the definition of management? Again, you seem to think it's only subjective, and again I say thats nonsense. The standard comes from opinions of experts, and thats what makes it a fact.

Last edited:

spirit

Staff member
New baby - Surface Pro 64GB (got this for free to replace my Surface RT! :D)

- i5 3317U
- 4GB RAM
- 1080p display
- 64GB SSD
- Windows 8.1 Pro x64

I'm finding I'm using this more than my ThinkPad! Runs Adobe CC 2014 like a dream and is so nice and small! Looking forward to using this at school!

Surface Pro by JasonBrown2013, on Flickr

Surface Pro by JasonBrown2013, on Flickr

salvage-this

64gb seems a bit small if you are running CC on it. Are you planning on adding any file sharing from your desktop so you can edit your desktop files from your couch?

Looks nice!